“Great Hotel in Surrounding Area”

St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #21 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Conway, Arkansas
“Great Hotel in Surrounding Area”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Hotel was great, room was spacious and staff was very courteous, no real gripes other than the wifi was very unreliable.
Not sure about the area after dark unless in a group. The attached shopping center does not help either as it is pretty empty, so great hotel in bad area for now

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

good location, great service, comfortable and quiet rooms, good restaurant Union Square could/should have more amenities like upscale retailers, restaurants or other attractions also a shuttle service should be available

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lebanon, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

People were so attentive and pleasant. The best part of the room was the bed and TV. The lamp shade had splatter inside and the chair when you sat down exploded with dust. There was a leak above the window with a long crack in the ceiling. I used the glasses each night but only once where they replace from the table next to the window. Floor had stuff on it from the day I checked in to the day I left.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Greeted at Check In at Noon by two young ladies who needed lessons in Public Relations and who take their job way too seriously. For example, after being told that my room was not ready. I asked if I had been upgraded to a Suite ? "There are none available" was the condescending RETORT. ( Incidentally, I am a Hilton DIAMOND Member ) I asked, "well do have an idea of approximately when it will be ready " ? " I cant quote you a time " ( Not addressed as Sir ) . I replied " I did not ask you to Quote me a time ". I was told by the young lady " about 3 hrs " as the other one looked on as if to say , this guys a pain in the butt ! ( Seemed like a retaliatory measure and another Retort ) Enough said....Poor reception.
Capice ?

I went and had lunch at the Station Grille which was very good along with Excellent service from Deb. my fabulous server (Great Ambience) .
I checked at the Front Desk two more times and was told the room is still not ready. We are approaching the 3 hour mark now.

About 3 hours have now gone by and James ( the Valet Mgr., friendly, kind, professional and efficient) notices me standing there and that I do not have my room yet . He immediately went to Matthew Rankert ( Front Desk MGR ) who began to save and salvage the the day by asking me if I already had lunch, along with John Kelly ( MGR ) They are BOTH CLASS ACTS ! ( Just look at all the other Trip Advisor Reviews and see that Matthew Rankert reads and replies to them ). That's genuine Service and demonstrates caring on the part of Matthew Rankert My friends.

John personally checked me in to a room ( 4th floor) " like the one I was supposed to have " (since it still was not ready) on the Concierge Executive Floor ( 3rd) . Upon arriving to my designated room, I checked the Hilton Union Station website and there were indeed , many suites available. I called John who was willing to move me , after the fact , But I opted to be in close proximity to the Concierge Lounge and by this time I was just wanting to chill.
The room was beyond satisfactory.( Still would have preferred the Suite on the Concierge floor. Smiling )
FYI...I had to ask for my 'Killer' Chocolate Chip Double Tree Cookies". ( Smile )
Concierge Lounge with its offerings and with Qiana overseeing it was a pleasure.

Had cocktails in the Grand Hall and just soaked in the majestic scenery. Thought about a Piano perhaps being placed there for live amazing back round music .And traveled back in time to another era when travelers hurried about this unique architecture in period dress.

If you are seeking a UNIQUE, CHARMING, OOOOZing Romance, Hotel experience, then the St. Louis Double Tree Hilton Union Station is the place for you. Travel back in time in your imagination and enjoy.

I would return and plan on doing so .

Oh and Say Hello to James ( Valet Mgr.) , John Kelly and Matthew Rankert as they Will treat you right !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ric C
Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Greetings from the Station, Ric C!

I am in deep appreciation of your comments, especially those relating to the way my Front Office team made you feel. We are human and we make mistakes, but I don't like reading that you were made to feel as if you were asking for something out of the ordinary. We are working to better the arrival experience for our guests - and especially our valued Gold and Diamond HHonors members.

After your initial experience at check-in, I am pleased that the rest of our team was able to leave you with a favorable impression of our hotel. It's a very unique place!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Station on your next trip to St. Louis!

With kindest regards,

Matthew Rankert
Front Office Manager
St. Louis Union Station Hotel, A DoubleTree by Hilton
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was a bit hesitant about this hotel after reading some of the reviews, but my stay was excellent; it was easily the best hotel experience I have had. I truly think some people can never be satisfied. Yes, some things were a bit outdated. Big freaking deal. The bed wasn't as comfortable as my Tempurpedic mattress, so does that mean I can complain about the quality of the mattress at the hotel? If I'm a cantankerous, never-satisfied, always-need-something-to-complain-about person, I suppose it would. But I'm not. The mattress was fine; the pillows were nice.

I was there attending the MPCA conference in October. The staff at the Doubletree was the best I have encountered at any hotel I've ever stayed in, including resort hotels. The hotel itself is beautiful and the location of the hotel is great. I used my father's Hilton rewards number to help him accumulate points (he travels all over the U.S. and Canada for his job), so I was given access to the concierge lounge and stayed on the concierge side of the hotel; thus, my review applies to the concierge levels and lounge. My room was certainly nicer than that of my colleague's, who stayed on the other side of the hotel, so my review may be 4 stars instead of 5 if I'd been in his room.

My room was exquisite. Huge, lovely, beautifully furnished, and the furniture was true to the hotel's history. I love old buildings, so this hotel and room were right up my alley. Yes, it smelled a little musty. It's an old hotel; it's going to smell like an old hotel. Personally, I liked the smell. The bathroom was beautiful, with much storage space. Indeed, the entire room boasted a lot of storage space (which is a feature most newer properties do not have) and plenty of outlets, although none were very close to the bed. Big deal again. I plugged my phone a whole four feet away from the bed. If that's enough to give you cause to complain, I suggest you get a hobby.

The elevator on my side was magnificent, as were the narrow winding stairs that ran adjacent to it. The elevator was almost triangular and the walls were entirely glass. I loved riding on it.

The concierge attendants in the lounge, as well as the food itself, were bar none the best I have ever experienced at a Hilton, and I've stayed in many across the country. The attendants asked for my name and remembered it each time I visited. They were charming and kind and helpful. The food was enough that I wouldn't have needed to eat out if I'd chosen not to.

The hotel was fun to explore; it has many interesting little places to discover. The hotel is being renovated, but the construction was unobtrusive. The only issue was with Einstein Bros. They set up a temporary location near the front desk as the Einstein Bros restaurant is under construction, and they were only open in the mornings. Again, big deal. Not enough to bother me. I ordered coffee at the bar twice and wasn't charged either time, so that more than made up for the lack of access to coffee that the construction at Einstein Bros caused.

Overall, I had a wonderful experience and would stay here again if I'm ever in St. Louis. I would recommend that you upgrade to the concierge level if at all possible; the beautiful historic rooms would make the cost worth it to me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Greetings from the Station, LindseyH09! Thank you for stopping by to write this incredible review after your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked all of the unique features of the historic part of the hotel. I'm also happy that you were able to enjoy our Concierge Lounge during your visit. Please do come and visit us again soon! Thank you for being our guest.