Open today: 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
A must do!!!

The Atlantis Rising room was awesome, especially for having an group of teens and younger! Madison... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
610lindseyt
Beast Squad is Best Squad

We did two rooms for a work event. We did both the villain room and Beast Squad. The villain was... read more

Reviewed 23 August 2019
Alyson V

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2019

The villain was not my personal favorite room, but that was more on me and the style of puzzles I excel at, not the rooms fault itself. It was very well theemed and enjoyable.

The beast squad room was absolutely amazing. I was blown away by the quality of puzzles, the set design and just how well put together the room itself was. I went with a group of 5 total and all of us felt like we participated in major ways and contributed to the flow of the game.

The owner was literally the nicest person. He had great clue timing and was an amazing GM.

I do escape rooms quite often and their rooms are probably my new favorite in the area. I highly reccommend them.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Alyson V
Reviewed 3 June 2019 via mobile

So this place uses a different back end service for their bookings. Most others we’ve been to use Bookeo where it’s really easy to tell the max number of spots available and how many have been booked. As a result we weren’t totally clear on max number of people etc. It was on the website had I read a little more closely and that was 100% my fault but in the moment I was frustrated. So when we got there we were disappointed to learn that other people had also booked the room also so we’d have to do it with strangers which to me is a deal breaker.

So... fortunately prior to the other people who had booked the room arriving, the owner happened to be there and came over and talked to us. She explained that a private booking option on the site was clearly and prominently posted and then offered an option that resolved my concerns. I won’t go into details to prevent people from trying to take advantage of her goodwill but suffice to say we ended up doing The Villains Lair and although theme-wise it didn’t sound that appealing to me, it was actually fantastic!

We loved the mix of great clues, combination, keyed, and electronic locks, and most importantly: it was CLEAN and well CLIMATE CONTROLLED. So many escape rooms get stuffy after a while because the buildings they’re in weren’t necessarily designed for the extra walled off spaces, but this place was perfect.

We’ve done rooms at Mastermind STL and Breakout KC and COMO which are pretty polished. This place is the brain child of the husband and wife owners and they did a great job creating a perfectly functional, immersive, professionally designed environment that we thoroughly enjoyed.

We’ve done other escape rooms that were amateur and terrible. These folks are definitely pros. Highly recommend!!

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank MidwestEscape
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped by Unchained and they were able to fit us in. We met Nate and Lindsey (who are the owners) and they have great enthusiasm for escape rooms.They've done over a hundred! They have well thought out games and puzzles in the lobby and I wanted to spend more time there. Then we were called back to the room. The room was well decorated and well thought out with a variety of interesting gadgets. We made it out with 4 minutes left with the help of between 1 and 4 clues. Yes I know that's ambiguous. Can't wait to go again

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank houseofconundrum
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

My son wanted to do an escape room for his 14th birthday. We booked a room at Unchained STL Escape Room. The boys had an amazing time!! Listening to them talk about their experience on the way home was the best part. The room was perfect for them and they thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I highly recommend booking an experience with unchained!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank jmuniz0125
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We competed "the vault" and it was okay at best. The room is lower quality than I'm used to and one of the safes didn't operate correctly. This ruined our experience as we spent 30 minutes trying to open the one safe. The host had to come into our room to open it for us and said this particular safe is often a "problem". Really? Get a new safe that an adult can open easily or get a different lockbox. The build quality of the room was also a bit low. Looked homemade. All in all we still had fun, but I think they could use some improvement.

Date of experience: December 2017