“Good food and service is not found here.”
Review of El Bracero

El Bracero
Ranked #17 of 52 Restaurants in Sikeston
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This place has the best food--you are always craving it. They had another in Jackson MO but are opening a new one in New Madrid, MO where I work. Everyone you talk to gives this place two thumbs up. Must list.
Reviewed 5 May 2018

If I have a great visit to a restaurant I certainly tell. This was definitely NOT one. In fact it ranks as one of the worse for service and food is only slightly better.

The host sat the people that came in after me first. But he was courteous enough to seat me quickly, but at a dirty table. I took the menu and tried to find a clean table. Finally, after searching nearly a third of the section, I got a clean table.

The server was in attentive, but at least well mannered.

The worse part. Upon leaving I found the server near the cashier stand. I was curious as to why there was a charge of $1.25. Not a big deal but wanted to know. He stated it was for the cheese sauce I asked for. I told him that I was not informed of this at the time. A man I assume is either the manager or owner spoke up very rudely and confrontationally that the charge is on the menu. Again, to me it wasn't an issue but apparently this is how they deceptively slip in extra charges. The man said angrily that he wouldn't charge me and grabbed my money out of my hand. He all but told me to leave. Are they so desperate to make a dollar to lose potential customers? I do not understand the attitude. No worries. Not going to return anyway. Food was only marginal.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate here today. I had a beef nacho with lots of beef tossed on chips and drizzle of white runny cheese. My wife got a taco salad, in a pita? They didnt take time to drain the chicken that was put on top and from my prospective across the table, It looked like soup. The waiter, guess his name was mr. Happy. Better service at culver's
My wife had to get up and get a refill and a box for the chips. It's almost like they didn't know you get chips and salsa first. Got 5 chips down and here is lunch. I see why they are so fast with bringing the food, all the employees like to gather in lobby or kitchen and talk, Customers are sec st this restaurant. I dont recommend going here, I would look else where.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

There are several Mexican restaurants in town, but this one is a local favorite. Good food, good atmosphere. No smoking dining on one end, smoking area, and bar on other. A great hang out. Good service. Great for couples, groups of friends, or family. They are very accommodating.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I love this place whether eating in or carrying out. One of my favorites. The food and drinks are great as well as the service. Go ahead and see for yourself. I think you will be pleased.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Stopped by while transiting the region over the holidays. Was greeted and seated in good order. After some clarification, my drink order was delivered and I ordered the Enchilada Poblanas for dinner and the Fried Ice Cream for dessert. The enchilada was very good, although it contained something very much like spinach. The ice cream was excellent!

1  Thank Mike P

Been to El Bracero? Share your experiences!