“Best burgers ever!!”

Black Sheep Burgers and Shakes
Ranked #31 of 780 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We loved this place so much our first visit, we returned for lunch the following day!

Everything we ate, on both trips, was amazing! The Bleus Brother burger was great, some of the best bleu cheese flavor ever, and we've tried a lot of them over the years.

The other menu items were very unique. Make sure to try the Mac'n'cheese waffle! OMG, it's off the charts. The truffle'n'parmesan fries were great too.

My favorite burger was the Jamacian Me Crazy, the pairing of spicy cheese with sweet salsa was great.

We also enjoyed the Elvis "adult" milkshake...yummy!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I love the food here. I am gluten free and they offer gluten free buns for all there burgers. My favorite is blues brothers with the truffle mayonnaise. My only reason I didn't give them a 5 is the music is sometimes loud and that affects the atmosphere and makes it not quite as relaxing. So happy they have one near my home and a new drive through down from my work.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Great burgers and fries and great service. Staff is outstanding, the price is a little pricing but you get large portions

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 18 December 2017

My husband and I recently traveled to Springfield for our god-daughter's college graduation and one of the places they took us was to Black Sheep. A very hipster place in a really nice, trendy, developing neighborhood. We called to make a reservation, thinking that would probably be a good idea since we had a party of ten. Unfortunately, they "don't take reservations" but said they could easily seat us. When we got there however, all they had was a large high top that could not accommodate a small child. We had to wait for over an hour for a regular large table to come open. Obviously they don't pull tables together to seat people who are waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

The variety of specialty burgers (my husband and I split a "Foodie" burger and a "Bleus Brothers" burger) are indeed very good and very filling...but come on, it's a burger...cooked only one way---medium-well--and some type of fries. A good burger if you can get right in but NOT worth any length of wait. And nothing really remarkable about the atmosphere, either. Our server was very sweet but not memorable service---had to be reminded of two orders of fries in the party, slow on drinks, had to ask for silverware twice, forgot that we told her to bring out a surprise dessert for a birthday and graduation until we were paying our bills. Not a horrible experience but could have been SOOO much better, especially for the ridiculous wait time. Had it not been the place our birthday /graduation girl had wanted that evening, I would have left long before.

Yes, the burgers are unique and tasty BUT don't plan on going at peak hours with a large group and small children...it's not "that" good.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped with family to try this place out. Excellent hand made burgers. Great sauces and atmosphere. Defiantly will be back