“Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!”

Flame Steakhouse and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Flame Steakhouse and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 736 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived before our reservation and decided to check the bar downstairs. It was very sleek. The bartender was very friendly and offered suggestions as to cocktail selection and even food suggestions.

We had a salmon dip as an appetizer that was really good. I had the filet and lobster with lyonnaise potatoes and broccoli.My husband had the Delmonico steak and mashed potatoes minus the jalapeños. Both steaks were cooked to perfection. The accompaniments were also wonderful. They even brought us a special anniversary dessert.

You need to make a reservation. Even on a Monday night, they were full. This is a fantastic place to celebrate any occasion.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Even when writing review, feel it could be less favorable. We were a group of 15 who were looking forward to a fine dining experience, and it came up short on all fronts, except the TAB, which was over $1,200! Service of 20% added, which would have been OK, if deserved. What is to say - you will be waiting forever to receive food, and we even had one roll that was so badly burned, was set to the end of the table, and the waiter never offered a replacement, nor acknowledged when we asked it to be taken away - 20+ min. later.
The atmosphere is nice, and interior gets points, but you can't EAT that! Food is definitely over priced, for what you get. Wine list is expensive, and not up to the standard you may expect.
Waiters really need training on how to hold-put down your glass, without their hands all over the rim...disgusting to think about it now, and was worse for everyone while we were eating, and being served - or is this even considered service?
Would not recommend this restaurant for a number of reasons, some of which I will keep to myself, as when voiced to our waiters, didn't seem to make any difference, so if you are smart - you will look elsewhere to eat...especially if this is a special occasion, or you are expecting to have a memorable dining experience-it will NOT happen here. As for their Veg. menu - really doesn't exist. You may be told they will make something, but it will not be truly vegetarian. Beware!

2  Thank Adventurer2day
Reviewed 4 June 2017

My wife and I were in Sringfield for one night and picked Flame because of its very good My wife and I selected Flame because of the high ratings in Trip Advisor. We found the ratings to be spot on! We both ordered 8 oz filets and they were delicious, having been prepared at extremely high temperature for a short time. While they serve other dishes besides steaks, I cannot imagine ordering anything else but their specialty, steaks. The service was excellent! Oh yes, why watch your head? They are located in an old downtown building and many of their tables are located under balconies making it necessary for anyone over 6 feet to duck while getting into their seats. I believe reservations are necessary.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Great steak and wine. Had the Apple cobbler desert too. Service was outstanding and all cooked perfectly.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Horrible experience and the absolute worst customer service by the owner. My wife and I had our POST-WEDDING ceremony dinner in the private dining area; a place you pay good money to ensure timeliness, prompt, attentive service, great food (since our menu was created in advance), and everything to function like clock-work. After all, it was our WEDDING and we had to be at the reception venue at a set time (which was clearly communicated to staff during the planning phase). They had 2 hours to get us fully taken care of and it took nearly an hour and thirty minutes to get our salads...our salads. Never mind the fact this is when we should have been wrapping up to head to our WEDDING reception down the street. Fast forward, we get our meals 15 minutes before we needed to start greeting our guests at the reception venue, and my wife was served last. Not only that, her medium-well steak medallions were nearly raw. They were sent back, they came back raw a second time...Even the kind staff was at a loss at this point. Our excuse was a busy graduation party in the GENERAL area. Not paid for and planned for...general seating area. The 3rd time they came out we had to leave and never even saw if the steaks were cooked right. 3 other meals were sent back as well and literally every other person complained at how shocked they were at the poor quality of the food. The pork was dry and basically every piece of meat that was sent out was left to be thrown away. We took our family to Flame because we had enjoyed it many times before. We were shocked at the lack of attentiveness and customer service after this debacle as well. Did I mention my wife didn't even eat at her wedding night dinner?...baffling. Their attempt to make it right was disgraceful and thus the reason for this honest review; letting people know you should definitely think twice about ever booking any kind of private dinner here. I would hope your experience is better than ours, but if it isn't, you may find yourself in a days long battle with an owner who doesn't think this was as big a deal as I'm making it out to be. Ill let the reviewers decide on that, but best of luck in your experiences with this place. You'll need it.

6  Thank Jake W