“Best steakhouse in town”

Flame Steakhouse and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Flame Steakhouse and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 781 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Flame does it right. Everything is high quality and the service is excellent. Try the mushrooms! I will be back.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived before our reservation and decided to check the bar downstairs. It was very sleek. The bartender was very friendly and offered suggestions as to cocktail selection and even food suggestions.

We had a salmon dip as an appetizer that was really good. I had the filet and lobster with lyonnaise potatoes and broccoli.My husband had the Delmonico steak and mashed potatoes minus the jalapeños. Both steaks were cooked to perfection. The accompaniments were also wonderful. They even brought us a special anniversary dessert.

You need to make a reservation. Even on a Monday night, they were full. This is a fantastic place to celebrate any occasion.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Even when writing review, feel it could be less favorable. We were a group of 15 who were looking forward to a fine dining experience, and it came up short on all fronts, except the TAB, which was over $1,200! Service of 20% added, which would have been OK, if deserved. What is to say - you will be waiting forever to receive food, and we even had one roll that was so badly burned, was set to the end of the table, and the waiter never offered a replacement, nor acknowledged when we asked it to be taken away - 20+ min. later.
The atmosphere is nice, and interior gets points, but you can't EAT that! Food is definitely over priced, for what you get. Wine list is expensive, and not up to the standard you may expect.
Waiters really need training on how to hold-put down your glass, without their hands all over the rim...disgusting to think about it now, and was worse for everyone while we were eating, and being served - or is this even considered service?
Would not recommend this restaurant for a number of reasons, some of which I will keep to myself, as when voiced to our waiters, didn't seem to make any difference, so if you are smart - you will look elsewhere to eat...especially if this is a special occasion, or you are expecting to have a memorable dining experience-it will NOT happen here. As for their Veg. menu - really doesn't exist. You may be told they will make something, but it will not be truly vegetarian. Beware!

2  Thank Adventurer2day
Reviewed 4 June 2017

My wife and I were in Sringfield for one night and picked Flame because of its very good My wife and I selected Flame because of the high ratings in Trip Advisor. We found the ratings to be spot on! We both ordered 8 oz filets and they were delicious, having been prepared at extremely high temperature for a short time. While they serve other dishes besides steaks, I cannot imagine ordering anything else but their specialty, steaks. The service was excellent! Oh yes, why watch your head? They are located in an old downtown building and many of their tables are located under balconies making it necessary for anyone over 6 feet to duck while getting into their seats. I believe reservations are necessary.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Great steak and wine. Had the Apple cobbler desert too. Service was outstanding and all cooked perfectly.