Walnut Street Inn
US$95
  • Breakfast included
US$89
ComfortInn
Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, MO(Springfield)
US$110
Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$145
US$119
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscarriage housebed and breakfastthe main housebreakfast was delicioussteam showernice gas fireplaceprivate porchlovely homevictorian charmebbets fieldeach room has its owncookiesother guestsmy favorite thingwithin walking distanceevery eveninglittle touches
Reviewed 15 July 2010

This B&B is just wonderful. It's clean, has a great location, owner and employees are very friendly, and it's a great value. You won't be disappointed! They even place freshly baked cookies in your room every day. We will definitely stay at this charming B&B again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2010

The room was wonderful. Even better than the pictures looked. I stayed in the Jordan Room. The steam shower and feather bed were the best. I was there for a conference at the big conference hotel across the street. Breakfast was great. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Hopefully someday I can make it back here with my wife.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank masterjohnson
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I stay at the Walnut Street Inn a few times each year. Gary is always warm and welcoming and I feel like I'm "coming home" every time I visit. The decor is classic B&B with antiques which normally doesn't appeal to me but they have made this place crisp, clean, and comfortable. I have stayed in most of the rooms and haven't found one that I do not like. The rooms are stocked with soda, water, and fresh baked cookies. The breakfasts are always delicious. The location is within walking distance of "downtown" Springfield and many restaurants.

My only criticism would be the pillows, not a fan of their pillows.
I tried to book a room for another trip and they were full! So book early if you can.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2010

When traveling please seek out locally owned establishments as I did with the Walnut Street Inn. This practice will make your travel much more rewarding. In regards to the Walnut Street Inn, right from the very first contact to checking out, the personal attention from Gary and his staff was just wonderful. The Inn had two very different clients within our party, my 70 year old mother and myself, her 43 year old daughter. We each had seperate agendas and needs during our stay at the Inn. Gary and staff tailored their service to meet our individual needs with above and beyond attention to detail. The Inn is beautuful and the breakfasts are delicious but there is much more if you take the time to appreciate your surroundings. There is the hsitory of the Inn and each of the rooms, there is a fantastic walking tour of Walnut Street, there is a wonderful Italian restaurant on the next block, and there is unique shopping in the downtown area. Here is the real treasure, when Gary recommends a local shop or restaurant and you just happen to mention the Inn and the owner replies "oh that is such a nice place, I have all of my family stay there when they are in town, and Gary is such a nice guy" . The reward is you have just met another very nice person and gain a sense of being welcomed into their community family. When you return you will be welcomed back in the same warm and caring way; this is the treasure you take with you. Oh did I mention the plate of yummy cookies they leave in your room...I highly recommend the Walnut Street Inn.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank MDGW
Reviewed 30 May 2010

My wife and I spent our wedding night in the Danzero. It had a beautiful 4 poster bed and jacuzzi in the corner. The Danzero is in a separate building from the main guest house. Both are beautifully furbished.

The breakfast is superb. We were fed a ham pastry of some sort and it was delicious. Staff were polite and friendly.

All you could wish for in a B&B

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple