Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
Orbitz.com
HolidayInn.comUS$106
Expedia.comUS$106
All reviews fitness center in town front desk staff booked this hotel stayed one night comfortable room staff was very friendly interstate
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 June 2022 via mobile

Where to start... hotel dirty, no fridge in room, no place to charge electronics, shower difficult to operate and only one force of water- hard. No service to room even to change out towels or replenish soap/shampoo. I know it the time of Covid but I have stayed in other hotels during this time with more service.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn & Suites Springfield - I-44, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2022

Hi 904priscillas,

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback. We strive to offer a seamless and relaxing stay and I'm sorry to learn about the hotel upkeep and customer service. We take feedback seriously and would like to get more info to share this with the relevant teams. I sent you a separate message and hope you respond soon.

Your loyalty is important to us and we hope you choose IHG still on your future travels.

Best Regards,

Jenilyn J

Reviewed 8 May 2022

We booked this hotel through a third party package deal. Exterior: needs painting, parking lot needs repaving. Interior: stale smoke smell, dirty feeling. Room in poor condition...un-remodeled room given to us with carpet peeling up, mold on window valances, smoke odor. They are in the process of remodeling. Had this been disclosed at booking , we would have selected another hotel. The front desk staff was courteous. Housekeeping didn't even put the duvet covers on the quilts. Lazy! The lamps were very dusty. Until the remodel is completed, stay elsewhere. Washing all of our clothes, even the clean ones to get rid of the smoke odor.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn & Suites Springfield - I-44, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2022

Hello lauragL8161FM,

It's always a pleasure to read the opinion of our valued guests. And it helps us understand better your needs in future stays. I fully understand how you feel about not receiving the quality of service you expected. We are very sorry to give you such a wrong impression. Our staff will definitely do better next time. I have also forwarded your comment to our general manager for further attention. Our commitment is always combining a feeling of comfort and happiness with exceptional touch to make you have a delightful stay.

Thank you for making us your primary choice for accommodation. Our staff would love to serve you again and show you the improvements based on your comments and opinion.

Please visit again soon!

Alejandro G.
Case Manager.
IHGService.

Reviewed 24 April 2022

Would not stay here again. Homeless people sleeping outside hotel, comforter was stained, pillows had hair on them, mattress’s were stained - one had dried blood on the mattress pad. Water leak in the bathroom with water damage to one of the walls. Towels were dirty and hanging on the rack. The only good was the location was ok and most of the staff were at least friendly.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nikkibQ9AA
Reviewed 10 April 2022

Called the motel directly to avoid any miscommunication, to get 2 adjoining rooms with a door between them (made this point very clear) and was assured that we would get them, so we booked. Upon arrival we were told that we had 2 rooms next to each other, and I answered that was NOT what we asked for. I Felt that I was lied to as they KNEW they didn't have those rooms. They offered me a full refund but after a day of driving, we just wanted to rest so I kept the rooms. BIG MISTAKE. Their rates out the door was $154.00 each and for that money I could have had any motel in town. This motel was shabby inside and out, poorly kept, dirty floors, no free breakfast, no coffee in lobby after hours, Just an overall bad experience. This was an $80.00 motel AT BEST and I 'm giving them more than they deserve. For the money they charge, stay at a better motel as their are many at this location. Our bed was confortable but you sink in the middle. After this experience I will use tripadvisor before I travel.

Room tip: get different motel
Date of stay: April 2022
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn & Suites Springfield - I-44, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2022

Hi ricknkarla,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your hotel experience. It's a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn hotel brand as your preferred choice for this trip.

We strive for our guests to have a great and satisfying stay, but I am sorry it didn't go well as I hoped it to be. I understand your dissatisfaction with the room assigned and the room's cleanliness. I recognize you're hesitant to stay with us again, but trust that I have brought this to our Management's attention. I know they appreciate your thoughts, and I am confident they will take appropriate steps to address these issues.

I know that this stay may not have been the best, but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back.

Safe travels,

Glaiza G.

Reviewed 22 March 2022

Hotel is in the middle of a major renovation. Most of the lobby is under construction, with painters tape and missing trim everywhere. Seems that the top half of the hotel may have been renovated, as it is a different color.

Hotel is obviously a former Embassy Suites and has the nice open layout they're known for, but strangely the atrium doesn't have much in the way of seating and has no ambiance.

Okay, on to the problems. This hotel is VERY understaffed. Check in is at 3pm. We arrived at 4pm and there were no rooms ready because none of the people that clean the rooms or wash the sheets had shown up. Front desk staff were cleaning rooms along with someone else called in to help. There were apparently som rooms that were ready (I was listening in on the radio communications) but were waiting on bed linen. Customers were rightly upset and the staff was clearly at wits end, but they were still polite and helpful.

I was able to get a room after waiting by the front desk for an hour along with a half dozen other people. Other folks in our group (who elected to hang out in the bar) didn't get into their rooms for hours longer.

When we got into the room, you could tell that staff had cleaned it in a hurry. There were chunks of food (cookie maybe?) on the carpet in multiple places, two of the towels were obviously dirty (black charcoal like crust on one, a disgusting yellow stain on another). Bed sheets were clean and beds were comfortable, though.

The room's decor was fine and tidy enough, but there were things that obviously should have been fixed - the shower curtain rod was broken, the carpet was HEAVILY stained and unappealing, the toilet ran, and the air conditioner was noisy.

This room had no refrigerator, which is strange for something sold as a "suite". The laundry room was gross. I do not recommend that anyone stay here. It was dirty and frustrating. Stay at the Home2Suites that's about 300 feet from this hotel. That hotel is relatively new, clean, and much more comfortable.

Date of stay: March 2022
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn & Suites Springfield - I-44, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2022

Hi jwwatts,

Thanks for your review and for staying with us. I know how important it is to feel comfortable and be able to relax after a long day. I'm sorry we were not able to make that happen due to the level of cleanliness and service you encountered during your stay. This is not what we want for any of our guests. I have shared your comments with the hotel management. I am certain measures will be in place to address the areas you have noted.

Many thanks for your feedback. We hope to see you again and make your stay better than your last.

Connie D