2 people are viewing this hotel
US$119
Free cancellation until 11/02/23
US$119
Free cancellation until 11/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com
US$88
PricelineUS$119
Hotels.comUS$119
Agoda.comUS$131
1,275 results
All reviews breakfast buffet bed was comfortable staff was friendly indoor pool lobby msu mo
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2022 via mobile

Location, amenities and price point make this a great option for a Springfield visit, especially if you’re visiting MSU. The decor is dated, but the rooms are clean, the staff is attentive and the included breakfast is robust.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel Management, Marketing at University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2022

Dear JeniferM641,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reflect on your stay with us and for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. We're happy to learn that our great location, price point and amenities were the highlights of your visit. It’s great to hear that we provided you with a satisfying stay. Your feedback, both positive and areas for improvement, allows us to monitor the guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best,
Brent Parker

Reviewed 23 August 2022

the young woman who works overnight on august 22 is the worst front desk woman in the whole hotel system in the world. she is rude with a very nasty attitude. signed me into the wrong room and forced me to move to a different one that was the exact same after I showered and was falling asleep is when she called the room with a nasty attitude to fix her mistakes.

if you want a restful night stay do not come here. the fire alarm constantly goes off. the AC and heat does not work in most rooms and they wake you up to change rooms for no reason. it’s dirty and dated and should be demolished.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel Management, Marketing at University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2022

Dear K4585PFryanm,

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry for your overall poor experience and that we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. Additionally, please accept my sincere apology that the fire alarm interrupted the comfort of your stay. This was an extraordinary circumstance not indicative of our norm, so we hope that you will reconsider a return visit. We’d love the opportunity to leave you with a more favorable impression.

Reviewed 10 August 2022

I made a reservation, and actually paid ahead. I arrived late in the night from a long trip, only to be told that my paid reservation had been canceled, and I needed to find for another hotel (this was at 4am). I understand first come first serve system, but if I already paid for my room, I would expect that my reservation was respected. Not only that but the front desk lady was rude and careless. We had traveled 7 hrs from out of town, she didn’t care (Tia was her name).

I’m still waiting for my refund.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank S4388UXjuano
Hotel Management, Marketing at University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2022

Dear S4388UXjuano,

We sincerely regret your experience; it is never our intent to relocate any guest. I'm sorry we disappointed you and I'm sure that was frustrating after a long day of travel. We strive to provide comfort and sincere hospitality to all our guests and we clearly missed our goal. I appreciate you taking the time to share your review. Your feedback fosters change for future stays.

Reviewed 29 July 2022

I have attended many conventions here as an educator for 36 years. I was very disappointed when my husband and daughter joined me in staying here. Let me start with the good...every employee I encountered was pleasant and professional. Unfortunately that did not forgive all else.
Ice machines only on a couple of floors
Cracked tile in the shower
Itty bitty shampoo bottle (one for three people.
Air conditioner that runs constantly...with no control
None working outlets
No plug in for any electrical devices
Needless to say, I've enjoyed staying here over the years. But this will certainly be out last stay.

Date of stay: July 2022
Hotel Management, Marketing at University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2022

Dear TwinChimney2011,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is helpful and will be shared with our team. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect as a seasoned traveler with our hotel. The details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We would love another opportunity to serve your family and hope that you will reconsider a return visit.

Reviewed 28 July 2022

Stayed her for a conference recently, and was a little worries about the recent reviews. However, I was presently surprised. The rooms were clean and quite. The area around the hotel is safe. They offer a small continental breakfast in the morning. The pool was a very nice treat. I would stay there again. All the staff I met were friendly and helpful.

Room tip: 525 was a quite room.
Date of stay: July 2022
2  Thank RobBoston80

Dear RobBoston80,

Offering comfortable accommodations and cheerful service are core goals of the staff so it is great to hear that we delivered. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you for staying at our hotel and please come see us again.

Best,