“Average but very nice staff ”
Review of Racanelli's Pizza

Racanelli's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Ok, we are FROM New York and have very high pizza expectations. People from NJ, Conn., or even upstate have different pizza than The city and Long Island. In NY we eat pizza about 3-4 times a week so I have to say when people say “NY style pizza” we are suspect.

Racanelli’s in Webster grove is a nice location and the owner, Tanya, was really sweet and welcoming. The bathroom was very clean as was the whole restaurant.

The pizza was close, but didn’t really hit the mark. We almost always order a plain cheese pie cause that tells us a lot. The sauce was not very flavorful, sadly. The crust really needed salt. The mozzarella was pretty good but NY pizza has more grease (which we sort of like).

It’s pretty hard to really make NY style if you’ve never had it or lived there. Honestly, so far it’s the best round pizza we’ve had in the St. Louis area so far. I’m hopeful and will try them again and maybe try a topping like pepperoni.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I really haven't had a decent pizza since moving to Saint Louis. My friend who is from Philly told me about this place. We went and were pleasantly surprised. They even had oregano for the table. The salads were great. You order your food at the counter and they will bring it to you when it was ready. The customer service was great.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

This place has some of the best pizza we have found since moving here over a year ago. Not an Imo's fan so I was so happy we found this place and its close to home.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for NY style pizza this is a safe option. Quality pizza and calzones. If you are in a hurry don't come here. It takes time to bake these.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

For Webster Groves, I suppose this place has good pizza. In NY, it's what I'd expect to get from the cafeteria at SUNY.

Oh, and another thing... the eggplant in eggplant parm is breaded and fried, NOT STEWED. Ugh.

Thank M.A. D