“Beautiful B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weston
Benner House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Weston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Right from a movie style and quality! Fun place to hang out with family or friends. Very friendly keeper and within walking distance of everything to do in Weston. Great rooms and very comfortable beds. Do not miss the breakfast because that is the best quiche I've ever had!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

We had an absolutely wonderful time at the house and I'm Weston! We choose the Benner house because it's where my sister and her fiancé stay every time they go to Weston. We rented the house for a bachelorette weekend and just were in love Sherri was so sweet along with her family, so accommodating very clean and amazing food! I would stay there again for sure ! I just couldn't be more pleased! We felt at home ! Thank you for the wonderful stay!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2016

My husband and I have been to Weston so many times in our 32 years together that I have lost count! We have stayed at other B&B's there but never this one. Figured it was about time and it always looks so inviting when coming into town. It's also very convenient and right on the Main street of town! First of all, we both love staying at B&B's and it's our preference when we are traveling. We also understand that they are all different and each have their own special qualities and uniqueness. Therefore we always take that into consideration and realize that some might be better than others but they all usually have something good to offer. I write this in response to some of the rather negative reviews I read before writing this which I felt were a bit unreasonable and unfair. When you stay at a B&B that is an old historic home, you need to expect that A. there may be a few things that need repair and/or attention; B. it will probably be furnished with antiques that aren't always the most comfortable; C. B&B's are notorious for displaying lots of nic-nacs to give it that shabby-chic, cozy feel and D. breakfasts can't be "made to order" but do have to be prepared with several people in mind.

I thought the Benner House B&B truly lived up to those items I have mentioned which for my husband and I, is all part of the charm and personal touch of staying here. The hosts were very informative, friendly and accommodating making us feel right at home. The breakfast was absolutely wonderful...so much that I asked for recipes! In my book, you know a B&B is good when you ask for recipes. Sherri was also very willing to share them. It probably was a bit chilly upstairs but again, it's an old historic home and you just get up and put something a bit warmer on. Guess when you have camped in the Rockies, you become a bit more adaptable. The hall light was left on all night which I thought was done for safety reasons but now I know where the switch is when we return and will certainly take the liberty of turning it off. I'm sure Sherri wouldn't mind as I could tell that our comfort was her top priority. The hot tub was a wonderful touch and something you don't find at very many B&B's. However, having a pool for their guests to enjoy is unheard of and we have NEVER stayed at a B&B with a pool.

We will definitely stay here again and look forward to it. Our stay was very pleasant and we had a wonderful time, making our Valentine's Day one to remember.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suzeq321
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

This is a good place to stay at an affordable price. I fully expected raised rates since the Sunday fell in Valentine's Day, but the rate for weekday remained the same. The room was nice, typical for a B nB. Bed was comfy, room was clean. It was nice to have a lot if complimentary snack and drinks. Sheris cookies were very tasty. The breakfast was good.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2016

This was my first trip to Weston and I had high hopes for this B&B as part of my Valentine's day getaway with my husband. Unfortunately we were let down. We have been to few B&B's in our 13 years of marriage and this one has some much potential that is not taken advantage of. The decor is overwhelming and cluttered and not in a charming way. Our room (Bridgewater) was fine in size but definitely rundown and the bed was so uncomfortable. I never wake up with a backache but this bed did it for me. The old over sized TV on the tiny table just seemed like a unnecessary accident waiting to happen.The bathroom was not clean and the decor in the room appears to just be thrown together and collecting dust. The breakfast was not impressive. First off there is only one time to eat 9 am. Also nothing was personnel about the breakfast it just seemed like it was easy to make for a group. The positive of this place is definitely the location. Can easily walk from this location to restaurants and pub. Also the kitchen with snacks is a nice touch but not enough to make me want to return.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McGee4Fam
Sheri B, Owner at Benner House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2016

Wow. It's taken me a few days to think about responding to this. So I just want to say I'm sorry that you had such a bad time here. You didn't say anything. Nothing. Not one word. You just smiled every time I spoke. First....The bathroom was clean. I cleaned it myself. I make sure the rooms are clean before each guest arrives.
In fact, I run the entire place by myself. I'm not sure if you're aware of how much that entails, or I don't know if you've ever stayed at a B&B that was run by one person; but having one breakfast time is what Innkeepers do when they're running a B&B alone. I make the breakfasts from scratch. Yes, I serve an entree and a scone or a homemade cinnamon roll on the side, with a fruit starter, juice and coffee. It takes about three hours to prepare.
Some B&B's that offer multiple seating times do so when they have a STAFF. I don't have a staff.
The room you stayed in contains the newest mattress in the house. No one until now, has ever complained about it.
The decor....I'm not apologizing for.
I lowered the price for Valentine's day, thinking that if you paid less here, you'd have a nicer time at one of the local restaurants, or shops. Honestly, I can't think of one establishment that charges $110.00 for a night's stay and gives AWAY free alcohol, soda pop, chips, fruit, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, popcorn.....I guess I was wrong.
I really don't know what else to say other than I feel this review was written with the sole intention to hurt me, as if I had done something wrong.
I guess I've learned I can't make everyone happy or have a good time.
Thanks.
Sheri Boatright-Guthrie

Been to Benner House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!