“A peaceful honeymoon”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weston
Benner House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Weston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Sheri and her husband, Mitchell were gracious and attentive. We arrived on a Wednesday and left early Friday morning. The Benner house was immaculately kept and the breakfast was outstanding! Thunderstorms traveled with us, but it didn't dampen our picnic on the covered front porch. The house was surprisingly cozy and we never lacked for anything. If you're looking for a peaceful get away walking distance to unique shops and outstanding dining (I would recommend the Avalon), this is the place to go. You may actually find yourself walking a little slower and breathing a little deeper.

Room Tip: The Garden Room is the only room that does not have a shower, instead it has a jetted tub.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We rented the whole house for a wedding being held in Weston. We really enjoyed our stay. We felt very comfortable playing board games in the main house rooms. The games were provided by our hosts. Sherri, the owner, provided fresh chocolate chip cookies, chips, popcorn, drinks, etc. for us in the kitchen area. We were allowed to use her solarium for the wedding rehearsal, which was wonderful. She was very helpful with our choices of foods for breakfast to accommodate picky eaters. The only things that I would have liked that she didn't provide were a full length mirror in the room and a lighted makeup mirror. Some of us need a bit more help getting ready. Also bottled water would be nice because I was afraid that I might spill my glass of water on her nice bed table. I always take water to bed. These are just suggestions not being critical. They have a beautiful pool but it was too early in the year to use it. Also a great front porch. They are walking distance to the main area too. All in all I would recommend the Benner House if you travel to Weston.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2016

I'm not long back from a 5-night stay at the Benner House while I was visiting our Head Office the other side of town. Having travelled on business for around 20 years, on and off, I was delighted to be told that I could stay in a local B&B, as requested, rather than one of the impersonal airport hotels, complete with commute in each morning.

When looking for somewhere to stay, I spend a fair amount of time researching as, wherever possible, I look for character when looking for accommodation. Even in the Middle East and Asia I've avoided hotel chains where you wake up in the morning and you can't tell where you are. Staying in a small town in America (it would be classed as a village in England!) meant a private house was an absolute must; especially in a historic town like Weston which is straight out of a film.

It is a shame that I only got to see the house properly on the last day when I left a bit later than usual when the building was flooded with sunshine. Mostly I was dropped off fairly late after dinner, when it was dark, then whisked away before 8am in the morning. Despite this, I had some great chats with my hosts, Sheri and Mitchell, both in the evening and over breakfast. Although I was leaving the house each day before the official breakfast time, Sheri bent over backwards to make sure I had something to eat. She even baked early so I could try her wonderful cinnamon scones, or created a fresh fruit salad and yogurt when I found that my jeans were getting tight. Mitchell and I roared with laughter in the evenings when he popped into the guest snack room to regale me with stories of his visits to the UK, and exchanged notes about each other's use of the English language. My time with my hosts was a welcome break from staring at computer screen, which is how I normally spend my evenings.

As for the house, it is exactly as I imagined it. It makes me smile just to think about it. It is like travelling back in time but, despite this, you have everything you could possibly want. There are copious clean towels and robes, a hairdrier, wifi, tissues and all sorts of other useful items. Yes, the house is far from minimalist but, thank goodness for that! Who on earth would go to stay in a historic location and choose to go to a Travelodge? I managed to visit in tornado season which, thankfully, didn't get as far as Weston, although I was told that there might be warning sirens. We had some amazing storms though, complete with lightning and thunder like gunshots, so it was nice to know that was a warm, dry basement on offer if I felt the need to flee.

Well, I don't know if I'll be summoned back to Weston again but, if I am, I will most definitely ask to go back to stay with Sheri and Mitchell in their lovely home. I'll just have to persuade my colleagues that I should start work a bit later each day so that I can sample the amazing breakfasts I've read so much about. Maybe breakfast meetings at the Benner House could be arranged ;-)

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

After a day of flea markets and searching for a unique find . We found it! We were lucky enough to make reservations on Thursday for Friday night, arrived at the Bennett House and was met at the door by Sheri. Received a warm welcome, gave us a tour of the house, showed us the snack room with fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies We had the garden view room, comfortable robes in the closet and large bathroom with a jet tub. Such a nice place to relax!!! Great breakfast in the morning!!would of stayed another night if something was available!! Plan to return again!!!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Right from a movie style and quality! Fun place to hang out with family or friends. Very friendly keeper and within walking distance of everything to do in Weston. Great rooms and very comfortable beds. Do not miss the breakfast because that is the best quiche I've ever had!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Been to Benner House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!