“One of a kind experience”
Review of Bear Creek Saloon

Bear Creek Saloon
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Bearcreek
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2016

We have driven by this place and have heard about it for some time, but we never bit the bullet, but we were looking for something to do for father's day and finally went. So there are two sides of this review: the entertainment and the food.

First for the food. This is the reason it is not 5 stars. It isn't that the steaks and prime rib aren't worth it, but they are $30+. They come with 3 pieces of lettuce which they call a salad. It comes with a baked potato and is served on a real plate. The table gets homemade bread. The bread is really good and they gave us another basket free of charge (you just have to ask). This is the high end part of the menu. On the low end, you get a paper plate and a bad of chips with your meal. You can get a hamburger (they claim is 1/3 lb, but it isn't), hotdog, chicken sandwich or salad for under $10. The only item for mid price range ($10-$20) is a chicken greek salad. Everything else is above $20. So you can get elite or crap which I can't respect. Our kids (both under 10 years old) were drinking water from a Miller Lite solo cup. The prime rib (on sale for $30) was good, but I just wish they would care a little more about the people that don't want to spend $100 on dinner.

Now for the reason it was good - the entertainment. The pig races start at 7pm and they have 12 races scheduled (although if they have a lot of participation they will do a big #11 race for the final race). Races are every 15 minutes and work like a Superbowl "buy a square" betting system so to speak. They sell 25 squares for $2 each. You can choose the square you want to buy. Before the race, they roll the dice and fill in the squares 1 - 5 at the top and on the side. Whoever is in the square that matches top and side gets to be that number for the race. So you buy for your chance to be in the race with 5 people getting chosen and rest just donated theirs. It looks like the money (or a portion of it) goes towards scholarship and they take pride in that (posting in the flyer and on a board). Once the numbers are drawn, if you are lucky enough to participate in the race, you will root for the pig representing your number and if you win, you get $25. The final race is $5 per square and $100 for the winner. I am not sure where else you can find this type of entertainment...definitely 1 of a kind and for that reason it gets a high rating.

Overall, I would do this again for the pig racing alone, but I would think twice about buying the prime rib unless celebrating for a special occasion. I would recommend getting reservations as the place was packed.

1  Thank Shaun P

Reviewed 7 June 2016

I attended a conference and we met here for dinner Friday night. Flat iron steak was excellent. I admit attending pig races not on my bucket list, but they were cute little babies and it was adorable. Really fun.

1  Thank Fearlessmsla
Reviewed 4 June 2016

The steaks are excellent and the staff is very professional. Also, the pig races are a lot of fun. I like the fact that money from the pig races go to a scholarship fund.

1  Thank George J
Reviewed 19 August 2015

First time visiting this summer and we will definitely be back. Fun for the young and old alike, great steaks and prime rib, and the pigs are the cutest!

1  Thank sbwilliams10
Reviewed 15 August 2015

We stopped in at the Bear Creek Saloon on our way to the Bear Tooth Highway. The saloon was a very unique place. I ordered buffalo prime rib which was cooked to perfection. I ate buffalo prime rib, drank porter and watched pig races, it can't get much better than that.

Been to Bear Creek Saloon? Share your experiences!