“Try the Nachos or the Stromboli”
Review of Old Chicago

Old Chicago
Ranked #52 of 360 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 December 2015

One afternoon my husband and I stopped in after a bit of shopping and saw an order of nachos... looked good, so we placed an order. WOW! Better than you can find at most local Mexican restaurants! But - if you re in Old Chicago and just can't bring yourself to order the Nachos - try the Stromboli - super yum!

Reviewed 15 December 2015

I love OC. The Italian Nachos are great, as well as the pizza. If you want to try something a little different, try the Thai pizza. It is incredible. It has been remodeled in the last year, and is much more spacious and inviting. Great family section, or bar section with many TVs to watch sports. Get's pretty full on weekends.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

I had two meals at Old Chicago restaurant in Billings, MT in the past week. One meal was lunch with a friend. For the lunch I ordered the personal size Italian Grinder pizza. I have to say it was one of the best pizzas I have eaten. It was delicious and just the right size. I must also comment on the fantastic service from Justin. He was pleasant, patient, friendly, and attentive. The restaurant was no more than a third full but he chose to attend to us rather than go hide somewhere. My friend and I stayed a long time to catch up on things and Justin continued his attention the entire time. I rate this lunch visit as a 5 both for food and service.

The second visit to Old Chicago was a bit different but ended up being a positive experience. My wife and I went to catch the happy hour at Old Chicago. Besides 1/2 price drinks, we ordered food, as well. I ordered a cheese burger. The server asked how I would like it cooked, I said medium-well. When the meals came, I took two bites from the burger and realized it was somewhere between rare and med-rare, not at all within my range for eating ground meat. I called the server over and showed her the patty. She was aghast at what had been served. She said she would get another burger going right away. After she left, the magager came by to ask how our meals were. I showed him the burger and he too was disappointed in what had been served. I told him the server was taking care of it.

It took quite a while, at least 15 minutes, for the second burger to be served. I was afraid it might be intentionally burnt. It was a full plate, complete with fresh French fries. I took a couple bites, and it was cooked just right - done but not dry. The server came by moments later to ask how it was and I told here it was just right. After another couple minutes the manager came and asked the same question - I answered the same. After another few minutes, the door hostess came to the table to ask how the second hamburger was. Again, I told her it was good.

When the server presented the check, my $10 hamburger had been comped to $5. Both my wife and I were impressed with the attention to service and attention to food quality the Old Chicago staff gave us. So, what started out as a sort of "bad" experience with the nearly raw burger, actually turned out to be a pleasant experience because of the concern and compensation the staff gave us. Thanks, Old Chicago.

The food (the second burger) was good. The service, excellent. I rate their service as 5 for their concern. I rate the food as 4 because it had to be done twice. For these two visits to Old Chicago I rate them as a combined 5.

We really like their happy hour and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

The only word that comes to mind is Pizza, Pizza, and Pizza. Yes, the pizza has great flavor and taste. When the great wait staff brings out your pizza. Vision feast for the eyes.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

We didn't think this restaurant would be very good from the noise level when we entered, but the food was very good, and the service as quick and efficient.