“Great service & Food”
Review of Bernie's Diner

Bernie's Diner
Ranked #28 of 359 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: American
Description: Bernie's Diner, located in the Northern Hotel, is a traditional diner with a modern twist. Offering classic comfort foods, delicious milkshakes, and a soda fountain, Bernie's is the place to go for breakfast and lunch.
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Was staying at the Northern Hotel and this great Diner is attached. They are only open for breakfast and lunch; closing at 3 p.m. they also seem to have a nice menu of sundaes, splits and shakes.

Was seated quickly and offered a beverage right away. Their coffee cups are nice and big with tasty hot coffee. I ordered the traditional breakfast with two eggs choice of toast, meat and home fries. Omg the home fries were delicious.
My server was Adri R. She was attentive, had service with a smile and all the employees seem to enjoy working here.

Will definitely be back :)

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I ate at Bernie's over the course of three days while in town for a conference. The experience was hit and miss. The breakfast item stuffed banana bread piqued my interest on the first try. The banana bread was dry and crumbly. The cream cheese stuffing was just sweet enough and abundant. The berry compote side added a tangy note that cut through the sweet. The serving was twice as large as I needed. All the servings at Bernie's are huge. I guess that is a draw for some. At lunch I tried the sandwich special - a barbequed beef grilled cheese combination with tator tots. The sandwich was heavy on the bread with Texas type slices and low on meat. No loss. The meat was flavorless except for the smoky sauce. In places, the sandwich had that dirty taste you sometimes catch when the cook bricks the grill and isn't careful to clean the dirty grease completely off before using it again. The tator tots filled me up, as I didn't eat most of the sandwich. A classic breakfast was ok. Eggs ordered over easy had crispy edges - a sure sign of an overcooked product usually, but the yolks were still runny. Crispy bacon, unbuttered toast, and breakfast potatoes completed the plate. Potatoes seemed to be deep fried, not grilled. I would skip them. I ordered tea, which seemed to cause problems for the staff. It took a really long time to deliver. Another lunch was chicken caesar wrap. It was loaded with chicken. The dressing was lemony and flavorful. The romaine was crisp and fresh. A good choice. I ordered a piece of German chocolate cake to go. When I ate it hours later, I found the waitress had given me plain chocolate. It was standard, nothing special cake with icing that tasted like it was from a can. Wonder if the German chocolate is any better?

The service is attentive and pleasant at Bernie's. Seating seems to be a problem during prime times - at least for small parties who don't want to sit at the counter. Food takes a surprisingly long time to come from the kitchen. A daily special should be a quickly prepared item in my estimation.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

The milkshakes are awesome and large! This diner is what all diners should aspire to. They had the best fish and chips I have ever had and again a great milkshake!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Had a team brunch here with some amazing people from Visit Billings! What a great spot for food! From the coffee to the Belgian Waffles and home fries, we had no complaints! I highly recommend Bernie's to anyone visiting Billings!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

We ate breakfast at Bernies. The staff was friendly and efficient and the food was good. We had biscuits and gravy and the Denver skillet. The skillet was exceptional! The biscuits and gravy were good, but not your traditional white gravy and sausage. There were some other spices in the gravy that were unexpected...not bad but not what one is looking for when they order that item.