“Great Service, Near Gourmet Cuisine”
Review of Walkers

Walkers
Ranked #5 of 362 Restaurants in Billings
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Walkers is a well-established downtown favorite and a destination for locals, travelers, theater-goers, and museum patrons alike. The menu is a glorious mix of international cuisine and western comfort food and selections offer freshness and simplicity with professional wait staff that contribute friendly service in a casual, yet urban, dining setting. And the barkeeps are some of the finest in the region and have been classically-trained in the art of drink, not to mention they’re just kind of nice folk. Walkers serves dinner only, 7 days a week, with live jazz every Sunday from 7-10. Come and enjoy some great food, crafted drink and infamous Walkers’ hospitality.
Reviewed 9 June 2017

We were fortunate to enjoy a wonderful evening at Walkers American Grill and Tapas Bar in Billings. Great bar. Superb service. I ate James Beard meatloaf with mashed potatoes and a mushroom sauce. My wife had flank steak tacos and Caesar salad. The meatloaf lived up to its namesake, and the tacos were to drool over. We ate at a leisurely pace. Our server was delightful, telling us stories about Billings, and the menu. Don't ever eat at Walker's without having dessert. My chocolate bread pudding with graham cracker ice cream, topped with house-made marshmallow sauce scored a very rare 5 Stars on my scale. This is a must-visit place while in Billings.

William H, Owner at Walkers, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words! Hope we can see you again sometime!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Wow! I've eaten in a lot of nice restaurants across the USA, and this is one of my favorites. Atmosphere is relaxed upscale, and there's plenty of room between tables so you feel like you have your own space - really nice. There's a separate, more informal bar area with several TVs.

Service was excellent - very helpful, and not annoying. Loved that we were offered tastes of the wines we were selecting. Appetizers we enjoyed - roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon & pomegranate molasses, and the calamari. Wives had salads, which they enjoyed very much. My buddy had the New York Strip, and I had the famous Bourbon Street Linguine. I absolutely loved the linguine - what a marvelous combination of flavors! Oh - their home-made bread was excellent - I could have made a meal off just the bread and wine.

Desserts were decadent. We shared the Warm Choc Souffle Cake and the Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp. I had no room for dessert - and had my share anyway. :))

My only disappointment was that we weren't there on a night when they had a jazz band.

If you're in Billings and want a nice dinner - this is my recommendation!

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Looking for something a bit different I choose the Stuffed Roasted Natural Chicken Breast. I must say it was quite good. I do recommend it.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Walkers is always great. Great food, great cocktails, great service. The "community table" in the window is always fun if you're up for meeting new folks, or when they're packed.

William H, Owner at Walkers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Kelly W-
Thank you so much for your awesome comments. Honestly, you can never hear them enough! We look forward to taking care of you again soon.
Bill H.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Great downtown location! The restaurant is chic for Billings with a modern fusion menu. Great place to grab a drink with friend or family.