“Billings' Most Popular Place to Gather”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Little Nevada Casino
Ranked #266 of 366 Restaurants in Billings
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Having enjoyed the Rex for many years, I am stunned at its ranking here and am kind of suspicious about a couple of the reviews since they bear no resemblance to the restaurant I know. Our favorite apetizer is the wontons -- never disappointing. The restaurant has so many choices -- from their smoked barbecue to steaks and seafood. Fresh oysters on the half shell!!! Broad wine and beer selection. It's always an enjoyable experience. I have a tough time getting past the prime rib but my husband usually enjoys one of their steaks with NEVER a complaint. I can't say that there's never been a problem meal over the years, but they were always quick to make amends. A luncheon star is their shrimp poor boy -- they bread the shrimp themselves and it is hard to get past it to try other things. Great bread -- the only problem is I eat too much of it and can't finish my meal. The historic Rex is one of the most interesting buildings in town and its choices between the dining room, more casual "patio" and in the summer outdoor dining beside the firepit, surely contribute to the central gathering place it seems to be. Much of our enjoyment is in running into friends and old acquaintances, and a very friendly staff. Service is usually very good -- only exceptions has been on obviously very busy nights. While it is a more pricey restaurant, the menu has more affordable choices.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 1 January 2008

ATE HERE ONCE,WASNT TO EXCITING!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook