Glacier Mountain Lodge
Cedar Creek Lodge & Conference Center(Columbia Falls)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$229
North Forty Resort(Columbia Falls)(Great Value!)
US$289
Orbitz.com
Meadow Lake Resort(Columbia Falls)(Great Value!)
US$298
US$289
Hotwire.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$399
Hampton.com
US$125
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$223
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$334/night.

The Pine Lodge on Whitefish River(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$145
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 October 2014

Is what you get with this lodge, we never saw the owner. Our keys were left in the door of the reception and we were the only people there. The accommodation was very good but I was disappointed that we had no washing machine available to us.
They have built a lake which can be used as a swimming pool complete with pontoon but I was rather concerned about the weed at the bottom.
Sitting outside watching the stars at night did make up for everything.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Clare B
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I just had to share that our recent vacation to Montana was only as special as it was because of the beautiful Glacier Mountain Lodge in Columbia Falls, MT. Ashley - the lodge manager was very personable and friendly - and always available for us. The grounds are amazing - picturesque and maticulously maintained. The many choices for lodge availability was very great - from a 2-4 person loft - up to a 6 bedroom/6 bathroom house. I would highly recomend this place!

Room Tip: We were in the North Fork Cabin - wish we could live there forever :)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krystyna H
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We rented the North Fork cabin at Glacier Mountain Lodge. In all it was an excellent place to stay, but I also had trouble contacting Ashley after making the reservation, and that worried me a bit. She does not reply to emails or answer phone calls unless pressed (I tried both repeatedly for about 3 days before getting a response). She *does* however respond to text messages, and very quickly, so if you go here, remembering that will remove a lot of stress from your life. Once we figured out how to communicate, we found Ashley to be very friendly and helpful.

As for the cabin/house, it was quite impressive and for the most part we loved staying there. The kitchen had everything we needed. On the downside, the biggest problem was the air conditioning. The master bedroom (downstairs) had a window unit, and that worked fine for the entire floor. The loft (where our 3 kids slept), however, was hot and stuffy. There's a window there, but it just didn't create enough ventilation. If you come here, bring a small fan and you'll be fine.

The other problem (and this might be weird) is that the doorway from the master bedroom to the one and only bathroom had no door, so if anyone needed privacy in the bathroom, it also meant that no one could be in the master bedroom. This was a fairly big annoyance, but we managed. If you come here, you might want to bring a sheet and some tape.

I should also say that the wifi in our cabin was spotty. As long as Ashley put the router on *top* of the desk in the office, and as long as we sat by the front window, we were OK for one of our devices, but maybe they could get another router for North Fork?

As for location in relation to Glacier National Park, it's about a 20 minute drive to the entrance, but then about another 30 minutes from there before you start ascending the Going to the Sun Road, so if you're planning to go on multiple days, you might want something a bit closer. If I was to go again, I'd stay somewhere by the west entrance for the first half, then somewhere by one of the eastern entrances for the second half of my trip.

And one more thing: We noticed that the property is for sale (only $2.8 millon dollars, if you've got some spare cash laying around). I didn't ask Ashley what the outlook is, but you might want to make sure the place is still around before you book.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank phaedrus428
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had a family reunion/wedding. The grounds are beautiful, the lodge is grand, but the hospitality is sorely lacking. We had the main lodge and all 3 cabins rented. We stayed for 6 nights and I never once met Ashley. With all the people staying there we didn't even have toilet paper to last us through the night. Never did get any from the owners. We had to send someone out for simple essentials. We have since tried to contact her to no avail. No e-mail, text or phone call have been returned.
No AC, which probably isn't a problem for most of the year but of course we were there in August and could not contact the owner. After 2 days in the heat we finally found a roll around AC for the whole living room area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank sallouche
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a beautiful place to stay. Gorgeous grounds and lovely setting. We stayed in the small Middle Fork Suite and it was perfect for my husband and me. It was so much better than a hotel. Nice location, easy to find and Ashley was very friendly. The larger lodge is beautiful and huge. Would be a perfect place for a small wedding.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple