“Great stop on your trip to Yellowstone”

Wonderland Cafe & Lodge
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Gardiner
Price range: US$3 - US$35
Description: We serve fresh baked goods (gluten free available most days), amazing espresso drinks, breakfast lunch and dinner. We have chef inspired menus and use locally sourced and organic ingredients in most of our menu! Vegan and gluten free friendly. Excellent beer and wine offerings in a stunning modern/rustic setting. Free wifi, fireplace, patio... what more could you need to enjoy a meal, beverage or a place to work/meet/be with friends. Cards and games also available and a great music playlist should be expected. Eco lodge upstairs offers studios, 1 bedroom of 2 bedroom suites all with full kitchens. Enjoy reclaimed wood furniture, beautiful views and furnishings while getting a great nights rest on our amazing mattresses! One block from Yellowstone.
Reviewed 8 April 2021 via mobile

This was one of the few places to get dinner that was open when we went during the off season and we couldn’t have been happier with it. After a long day of hiking in the park I practically inhaled the trout, which was tender and flavorful. The mashed potatoes with oxtail gravy were delicious, and the bone marrow and oxtail French onion soup was probably the best French onion I’ve ever had. Their hot chocolate was made with real milk and chocolate, and was the perfect thing to warm me up after trudging through the snow. The decor inside was rustic yet modern and overall inviting, and the service from our server Jessica, as well as the others that stopped to bring us our delicious food and check on us, was friendly and timely. We will absolutely be stopping back in here on our next trip to the park.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (454)

Reviewed 27 March 2021 via mobile

5 stars for the lodge - 3 for the cafe. After 3 nights (and two dinners) in this amazing lodge I can honestly say it was one of the best I have stayed in. The beds are very comfortable with a choice of down or foam pillows on the bed. I was in the Lions Den and we had 2 bedrooms and baths as well as a large living area with a fire place and a decent kitchen and an outdoor deck area. The other rooms were very nice as well from the couple I saw. The cafe - ok they make an excellent steamer and chocolate chip cookie- but the dinners. I was less than impressed. I had the Bison Bolognese and it was pretty much tasteless. There were not many places open off season so our group had two nights dinner here. The second night I tried the fruit/cheese plate. This was pretty good. They use local cheeses and the fruit was ripe and tasty. The only complaint I had was no crackers, but I asked and they delivered. All in all I would rather have made my own food in the great kitchen I had in my room.

Date of visit: March 2021
Stacey O, Owner at Wonderland Cafe & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks! Glad you loved the lodge and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 March 2021

I called Wonderland Cafe 15 min before closing, and they happily accommodated my last minute dinner request. The Cortado salad and Elk Chili were some of the BEST things I’ve eaten in a long time. No joke. Exquisite. What’s more, the portions were so substantial for a big hungry guy like myself, that I had a delicious breakfast left over. Many thanks to Rihanna and the staff at Wonderland Cafe for topping off a glorious day trip to Yellowstone.

Date of visit: March 2021

Thank you for sharing. Makes us happy to hear.

Reviewed 3 March 2021

I had a fabulous organic salad with chicken, bison burger, pastries, yummy coffee, craft vanilla stout.

Date of visit: March 2021

Thank you for stopping in! Glad you had a good experience!

Reviewed 27 February 2021

My wife and I recently had dinner at Wonderland Cafe & Lodge. The food server was very friendly, the food and beer were terrific, and the atmosphere was great. We would come back the next time we're in Gardiner!

Date of visit: February 2021

Great to hear! Thanks for taking the time to let us know.