“Wouldnt Come Back”

Jorgenson's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #28 of 170 Restaurants in Helena
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

There was an interesting smell in the place, which I guess was a combination of the kitchen and the casino next door. I had never had a relish plate before, so that was neat. The breadsticks were okay, and the salad was a salad. The waitstaff were very friendly, but not terribly attentive, which was kind of off-putting since we were one of three groups im the whole place.

One member of our party got the beef liver and onions, which was good, but her mashed potatoes were a baked potato that had been scooped out of its skin. Another member got the halibut, which was overcooked. I got what the menu described as basil chicken on pasta with alfredo sauce. What came out was basil chicken with a baked potato and peas.

Everything was under-seasoned. All the entres were dry, which would be forgivable and chalked up to technique, but everything was honestly so bland. We also felt the price tag was a little high.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Some places are not bad but not necessarily great either. I think Jorgenson's Restaurant is one of those places. There are some older local guys that have been meeting for breakfast or lunch there for years but that doesn't mean it is something I'd do. I didn't NOT like the food or service but it wasn't as good as some other places in town so I'll probably frequent them instead.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Jorgenson's restaurant reminds me more of my Mother's cooking than a restaurant. The jam is home made, eggs seem to be from free range chickens not fed hormones or antibiotics as that's what we get so know the difference. It's not a real fancy place but is nicely maintained providing a good environment for any occasion. To go with that they have several conference rooms for large groups or business meetings. The food is fresh and the staff is friendly and professional. We highly recommend this place for all but those who are either extravagant or snooty as this place and/or town probably wont' work out for you very well but for all the rest it's a great place to eat

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I'm hoping that the cook was just having an off day. I ordered the special. Baby beef liver with sides of green beans and mashed potatoes.
The term "baby" must have been a misprint. The two pieces of liver took up half the plate at least. The liver was red in the muddle. The overdone edges were "edible". The potatoes were watery and lukewarm as were the beans. Neither melted the butter I put on them. Very few people in the main room of the restaurant. Should have been a clue. Waitress friendly.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

All were more than satisfied with their meals. Atmosphere was a bit noisy for those wearing hearing aids. Serve was quick and kind.