“Clean, quiet and comfortable with some minor issues.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Troy, Montana
“Clean, quiet and comfortable with some minor issues.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

I have stayed at this property previously and had been pleased so decided to stay again. I missed the managers reception because of my arrival time, but I believe that is a nice option for a light snack. I was greeted warmly and checked in professionally and quickly. I asked about my request for a quiet room and the clerk indicated that I had been given a quiet room. About the room location - yes I was on the top floor and away from the elevator, but on the road side of the hotel. This hotel is away from the main road, but when one requests a quiet room, I would think they would be assigned a room with no roadway adjacent.

The room itself was clean and comfortable with a balcony overlooking the roadway. Not an option for December, but this could be nice in the better weather. I liked that the room had an option to have a fan on all night for white noise, but with the fan on all the time, there was no option to have the heat on at the same time.

I wish that people would have the decency to not run screaming down the hallways (or allow their kids to do so) late at night nor slam their doors, but I have found this human nature to be in place whenever I travel, so I cannot fault the hotel for this.

Breakfast contained a nice assortment of hot and cold choices - there was a pancake machine as well as eggs, sausage and potatoes. The coffee always tends to be weak, so I treated myself to a Starbucks on my way out.

There was only a dog behind the desk when I went to check out, but when I asked him/her to take my key, a human quickly appeared to help. I am not comfortable leaving my keys on a hotel desk and prefer to have someone take them from me.

Overall, I will be in Kalispell again and this will be my go to hotel. I had such a horrid experience at the better rated Hampton that I will continue to give this Holiday Inn Express my business from now on.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeanie W
abowman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We look at every review and guest survey to see what areas we can improve in. Our coffee is one area we are working on. We also have our coworkers do "security" checks to look for noise violators. :) We hope your travels bring you back to the valley soon. We look forward to impressing you. Angie Bowman, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Sparwood, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times and have never been disappointed! From the welcoming front desk staff, to the helpful breakfast staff and the friendly housekeeping staff, all go out of their way to make your stay great! The breakfast has a lot of choices, so even the pickiest eater will find something to eat. The rooms are very clean and the beds and pillows very comfy! The front desk staff go out of their way for your requests. I booked this time through Hotels.com and they messed up the description and I thought I was getting the jacuzzi suite. Turns out that is NOT the room they booked for me! This hotel staff contacted Hotel.com and they wouldn't compensate us. The Holiday Inn staff (Rachel) gave us a complimentary stay for the next time we are in town, even though it was not their fault but she could see our disappointment and wanted to help us out!

• Stayed December 2011
Thanks for choosing to stay with us! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our team focus is to be sure every guest feels at home! Hope to see you again in the future.
Angie Bowman, General Manager
Blairmore, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

Stayed here for one night, was great. Stayed in a jacuzzi suite... fantastic room! Honestly, the nicest jacuzzi suite we have stayed in to this day. The staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous. Great location, great rooms, great staff! Will stay again with out a doubt!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank reiemiko
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed here with a group for 5 nights - on a business trip. The hotel was clean, comfortable and located near several restaurants and shopping centers. The staff was helpful over the phone when booking our reservations.. and friendly when we arrived. If I'm ever in Kalispell again, I will definitely head back to the Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
abowman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed yourself. Our team takes great pride in providing a clean and comfortable environment. Hope to see you in the future!
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Hard to find if you don't know where it is but well worth taking the time to find it! Very friendly staff, nice clean rooms and fresh baked cookies!! Breakfast included and very good. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
So glad you found us! We are always looking for ways to improve our great hotel, so I will double check the published directions to our hotel to ensure they are correct. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.