I have stayed at this property previously and had been pleased so decided to stay again. I missed the managers reception because of my arrival time, but I believe that is a nice option for a light snack. I was greeted warmly and checked in professionally and quickly. I asked about my request for a quiet room and the clerk indicated that I had been given a quiet room. About the room location - yes I was on the top floor and away from the elevator, but on the road side of the hotel. This hotel is away from the main road, but when one requests a quiet room, I would think they would be assigned a room with no roadway adjacent.
The room itself was clean and comfortable with a balcony overlooking the roadway. Not an option for December, but this could be nice in the better weather. I liked that the room had an option to have a fan on all night for white noise, but with the fan on all the time, there was no option to have the heat on at the same time.
I wish that people would have the decency to not run screaming down the hallways (or allow their kids to do so) late at night nor slam their doors, but I have found this human nature to be in place whenever I travel, so I cannot fault the hotel for this.
Breakfast contained a nice assortment of hot and cold choices - there was a pancake machine as well as eggs, sausage and potatoes. The coffee always tends to be weak, so I treated myself to a Starbucks on my way out.
There was only a dog behind the desk when I went to check out, but when I asked him/her to take my key, a human quickly appeared to help. I am not comfortable leaving my keys on a hotel desk and prefer to have someone take them from me.
Overall, I will be in Kalispell again and this will be my go to hotel. I had such a horrid experience at the better rated Hampton that I will continue to give this Holiday Inn Express my business from now on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Kalispell hotel located near Glacier National Park. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell is located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains and at the steps of Glacier National Park. We are only six miles from Glacier International Airport. Our hotel in Montana provides breathtaking views of the area with its pristine location, making it a great place to work and play. Travelers needing Kalispell accommodations for vacation will appreciate our close proximity to national parks, nine golf courses within a 45 minute radius and Big Mountain Ski Resort, located only 17 miles from the hotel. You can take a scenic trip to Glacier National Park or take a boat out on Flathead Lake. If business brings you to Kalispell you're sure to find our Montana accommodations suitable to your needs. We provide free wireless Internet access, an on-site Business Center and meeting space. We are also conveniently located near Kalispell Regional Medical Center, Plum Creek and Flathead Community College. All of our Kalispell hotel guests receive a complimentary hot breakfast complete with our signature cinnamon rolls. Our pet-friendly hotel seeks to provide more than just lodging in Kalispell; we want your stay to be an experience. You don't even have to leave the premises to relax in our state-of-the-art whirlpool, Fitness Center and indoor swimming pool. Check out our great Kalispell hotel deals and rates and book your reservation now. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Kalispell
- Holiday Inn Express Kalispell
- Holiday Inn Kalispell