“Excellent bakery that serves also food and coffee”

Le Petit Outre Bakery
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Missoula
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Le Petit Outre's breads follow the time honored baking traditions of Europe. The breads are handcrafted using traditional methods and four basic ingredients: wheat flour, water, sea salt and yeast. LPO hearth breads are baked free form, directly on stone in a Fringand french deck oven weighing just over six tons. We offer our full line of hearth breads, european pastries, the finest espresso, artisan cheeses, meats and extra virgin olive oils from around the world in our 4th St retail shop.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I really like both their baked goods, sandwiches and salads. Cheap in terms of price and really good quality plus you can sit both outside and inside. If you like coffee, tea and sweets you should try it!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I wasn't sure how to describe how I felt about the quality of this bakery because while everything looks pretty, the taste and texture of the products can be deceiving. My husband and I ordered several pastry items, including a croissant, that were quite dry and doughy. We also ordered a loaf of one of their breads which was okay, but again a little dry. The dryness of it overpowered any taste sensations

On the other hand, this bakery does make a mean shortbread cookie that we really enjoy and have found to be one of the best we've had. When we return, it will be for the shortbread cookies only.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Ate brunch here with friends. The focaccia, breads, and croissants are outstanding. This is a great place for eat-in brunch or take-out.

There is another great bakery nearby, Bernice's. I'd go to Bernice's for sweets, and Petit Outre for savory and/or classic French pastries.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed 20 January 2017

Delicious French Breads. Great texture & taste. Crunchy on the outside, tender & chewy on the inside. Pastries are okay, but not as good as the bread...kind of dry in my opinion.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank rejoice2218
Reviewed 19 January 2017

I love every single one of their breads. The sourdough baguettes are only available in the evenings and are maybe the best bread I've ever had. The rosemary focaccia is equally amazing. I could go on, but you can't describe flavors and smells enough with words. The breads are available from the bakery and also at most grocery stores in town.

Date of visit: January 2017