“Horrible Service”

Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

This hotel just plain sucks. First we had to wait an hour to check in because they were booked solid the night before, and under staffed today. As a customer, I don't care what the problem is. I travelled for two days with a five year old, and had to call the corporate IHG office and and they called the hotel twice just to get me service...all I want is my room. Second, for the rates they charge, you would think you might get a nice view or something...right? Nope, we had a King Suite with no exterior windows, and only a balcony over looking the inside of the hotel...boring!!! Finally, the TV remote doesn't even work, all we could do is change the channel. For $175 a night, I would expect a remote that actually works. I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Raymond S
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2015

Dear Raymond S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback in regards to your recent stay. I personally apologize that your stay was not exceptional. It is our ultimate goal that guests are able to arrive and immediately feel comfortable and begin to relax, especially after long travels. I am sorry that this was not an experience that you and your family were able to have. I have shared your feedback with our teams and rest assured that it will be acted on appropriately. Please know that we strive to provide a much higher level of service and this feedback will help us to ensure future success.

I would love the opportunity to make this right and show you how great it can staying with us in beautiful downtown Missoula. If there is anything I can do, please reach out to me by calling 406.721.8550 and ask for Amanda.

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

Where to start? We came to celebrate our son's graduation. We booked 4 rooms. The nice woman at the front desk told us she was giving us a block of rooms so we could be together. When we came to check in, it was noon, the rooms weren't ready, and that was fine. Buy when we came back at 4pm the rooms still weren't ready. And there was no mention of a block of rooms. What was the clerk doing at the computer when she told us she was creating a block for us??

My husband and I were told they would call us when our room was ready. At 4:30pm we hadn't heard so went back to the front desk, and our room was ready, they just forgot to call us.

My poor mother in law waited until close to 9pm, STILL hadn't gotten the call she had been promised, went to check at the front desk- the two clerks spent a very long time on the phone before helping her, and then it turned out that they had apparently forgotten they'd promised to call. Her room was ready.
The clerk said 'sorry, we were busy'. That was it. Would he have treated his mother that way??

Plus, though the rooms are clean, the paint is grimy. We won't be back.

Stayed: May 2015
1  Thank Cat656

Dear Cat656,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with us. I sincerely regret that you and your group's check-in experience was less than satisfactory. Operating in this manner isn't what we strive for and I apologize that you suffered our error. I personally really appreciate you sharing your experience with us so that we can grow and ensure that future guests do not have a similar experience. Rest assured that this feedback will be shared with our teams.

If there is anything at all I can do to make this right, please contact me by calling 406.721.8550 and ask for Amanda.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Reviewed 17 May 2015

I stayed at the hotel for two nights. I was picked up by Bryant in the Holiday Inn Shuttle from the airport. Bryant was personable, professional and overall a pleasure to deal with. It turned out that he happened to check me into my room. The room allowed a beautfiul view of the river. Went to the restaurant and was taken care of by Megan. Service was excellent, and food and drink suggestions were good. Two of many that worked at the hotel that made my stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask at the front desk, If you were staying here what room would you take? wee got a good one.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

Dear Corinne M,

Thank you for writing a review in regards to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! I am very happy to hear that you had such a fantastic experience with two of our wonderful employees! I will certainly make sure that they are aware of the impact that they made on your stay.

I hope that we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2015

You just can't beat the location of the Downtown Holiday Inn in Missoula. It is within walking distance of everything downtown as well as the University of Montana. This is a good hotel with a great location.

Room Tip: Stay away from the interior atrium as well as away from the area over the bar patio.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business

Dear Doug J,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! I am pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our centralized location and you’re right, it is hard to beat! There are so many great restaurants and shops in the area along with the Clark Fork River right behind the hotel and the University of Montana within 15 minutes walking distance. We look forward to the next time you need accommodation in Missoula!

Go Griz!

Reviewed 16 May 2015

The location was very convenient for the centre of town and the restaurant we planned to visit. Our king sized room was spacious and comfortable, with a sofa where we could both sit, as well as a desk and chair. It was quiet and the HVAC unit was also quiet and maintained the perfect temperature in our room. Service was good and we especially enjoyed the breakfast, which had the best hash browns we have had in a long while. Although a little bit above our budget, we would definitely stay here again when we visit Missoula. We didn't use the pool, but I noted that is had a hoist for disabled people to enjoy the water, which was a great touch, very thoughtful!

Room Tip: Get one facing the outside of the building, not into the atrium.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2015

Dear Bernie P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate your candid feedback. There are many great places to visit in Downtown Missoula and we look forward to your next stay!