“Left something to be desired~”

Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed 26 May 2015

When pulling up to the establishment it was quite impressive. The outside of the building and the lobby was well kept and aesthetically appealing. From there on out our experience left something to be desired. We experience a long wait and seen two guest cancel their reservations on the spot. Check-in is at 4pm and it was 3:55pm when we arrived. A guest was told it would be another 45 minutes until she would be allowed to check-in and obtain her room key. She asked if there were any rooms available as she had a meeting to attend at 6pm and the gentleman stated no. We happened to be traveling with a large number of individuals (60 plus) and were unable to make other arrangements so we were forced to wait. Our room wasn’t available until 6:45pm. Parking was reasonable so long as you asked for a parking pass as one was not offered during check-in. The rooms were satisfactory. The staff of the front desk was very friendly and offered maps and helpful directions when needed. The secure Wi-Fi was poor at best as we were unable to obtain a connection during our stay. The pool and hot tub left something to be desired. They were out of pool towels and they offered minimal seating.

There is a restaurant in the hotel that was less than satisfactory. When walking in to the restaurant there was no one to greet you nor a sign that said seat yourself. We stood behind two other families for 20 minutes. When we finally were addressed it was “come in and we will get to you when we can”. The part that frustrates me the most is that there were only six families in the restaurant and we were one of them! We received water after waiting another 15 minutes and were never offered refills. Our group covered our children for the breakfast buffet which was $12 per person. It included breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, juice, and a small bowl of fruit. The buffet was never refilled despite the several individuals who chose that option. I ordered off the menu and was served an ounce burnt ham for the price of $5. I was given our bill in passing as our waitress scurried by so I was unable to discuss the quality of the food I was served. I would highly recommend this be addressed as several families with our group didn’t return to the restaurant even though we prepaid for the children to eat. We will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2015

Dear Dennette H,

Thank you for providing us detailed feedback in regards to your recent stay with us! We love hearing from our guests as it truly lets us know how we are doing. I am disappointed that your stay was less than exceptional and I sincerely apologize that you experienced so many misses. This type of experience is definitely not one that we want our guests' to have. I do appreciate your candidness!

We are actively working to making improvements to our facility, included our complimentary wireless internet. Your feedback has been shared with all of our teams to ensure that additional appropriate improvements are made.

If you’re willing, I would love another opportunity to show you have great it is to stay with us in the heart of Missoula Downtown. Please contact me by calling 406.721.8550 and ask for Amanda.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

This hotel just plain sucks. First we had to wait an hour to check in because they were booked solid the night before, and under staffed today. As a customer, I don't care what the problem is. I travelled for two days with a five year old, and had to call the corporate IHG office and and they called the hotel twice just to get me service...all I want is my room. Second, for the rates they charge, you would think you might get a nice view or something...right? Nope, we had a King Suite with no exterior windows, and only a balcony over looking the inside of the hotel...boring!!! Finally, the TV remote doesn't even work, all we could do is change the channel. For $175 a night, I would expect a remote that actually works. I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Raymond S
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2015

Dear Raymond S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback in regards to your recent stay. I personally apologize that your stay was not exceptional. It is our ultimate goal that guests are able to arrive and immediately feel comfortable and begin to relax, especially after long travels. I am sorry that this was not an experience that you and your family were able to have. I have shared your feedback with our teams and rest assured that it will be acted on appropriately. Please know that we strive to provide a much higher level of service and this feedback will help us to ensure future success.

I would love the opportunity to make this right and show you how great it can staying with us in beautiful downtown Missoula. If there is anything I can do, please reach out to me by calling 406.721.8550 and ask for Amanda.

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

Where to start? We came to celebrate our son's graduation. We booked 4 rooms. The nice woman at the front desk told us she was giving us a block of rooms so we could be together. When we came to check in, it was noon, the rooms weren't ready, and that was fine. Buy when we came back at 4pm the rooms still weren't ready. And there was no mention of a block of rooms. What was the clerk doing at the computer when she told us she was creating a block for us??

My husband and I were told they would call us when our room was ready. At 4:30pm we hadn't heard so went back to the front desk, and our room was ready, they just forgot to call us.

My poor mother in law waited until close to 9pm, STILL hadn't gotten the call she had been promised, went to check at the front desk- the two clerks spent a very long time on the phone before helping her, and then it turned out that they had apparently forgotten they'd promised to call. Her room was ready.
The clerk said 'sorry, we were busy'. That was it. Would he have treated his mother that way??

Plus, though the rooms are clean, the paint is grimy. We won't be back.

Stayed: May 2015
1  Thank Cat656

Dear Cat656,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with us. I sincerely regret that you and your group's check-in experience was less than satisfactory. Operating in this manner isn't what we strive for and I apologize that you suffered our error. I personally really appreciate you sharing your experience with us so that we can grow and ensure that future guests do not have a similar experience. Rest assured that this feedback will be shared with our teams.

If there is anything at all I can do to make this right, please contact me by calling 406.721.8550 and ask for Amanda.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Reviewed 17 May 2015

I stayed at the hotel for two nights. I was picked up by Bryant in the Holiday Inn Shuttle from the airport. Bryant was personable, professional and overall a pleasure to deal with. It turned out that he happened to check me into my room. The room allowed a beautfiul view of the river. Went to the restaurant and was taken care of by Megan. Service was excellent, and food and drink suggestions were good. Two of many that worked at the hotel that made my stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask at the front desk, If you were staying here what room would you take? wee got a good one.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

Dear Corinne M,

Thank you for writing a review in regards to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! I am very happy to hear that you had such a fantastic experience with two of our wonderful employees! I will certainly make sure that they are aware of the impact that they made on your stay.

I hope that we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2015

You just can't beat the location of the Downtown Holiday Inn in Missoula. It is within walking distance of everything downtown as well as the University of Montana. This is a good hotel with a great location.

Room Tip: Stay away from the interior atrium as well as away from the area over the bar patio.

Dear Doug J,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! I am pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our centralized location and you’re right, it is hard to beat! There are so many great restaurants and shops in the area along with the Clark Fork River right behind the hotel and the University of Montana within 15 minutes walking distance. We look forward to the next time you need accommodation in Missoula!

Go Griz!