Comfort Inn(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
US$185
ComfortInn
Chateau Rouge(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
US$159
The Red Lodge Inn(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
US$141
The Pollard(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
US$190
Two Bears Inn Bed & Breakfast(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
Yodeler Motel(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
US$120
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrock creeknice resortbeartooth highwayhardboiled eggsa ground floor roomfitness areahot tub was out of orderbreakfast hourscreekside roompretty placeleave the window opentown homefamily reunionminute driveperfect settingworking orderhelpful information
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We had a creekside room on the 2nd floor. Loved that! Cool enough to keep the door open, loved the sound of Rock Creek all night!

But the room itself: carpet was thinned and spotty, the bed was old(er) and the bathroom...smelled so bad of urine (although clean) that we couldn't use it longer than ... well, a short time. We showered downstairs in the locker room.

Loved swimming, using sauna, exercise bike too.

Breakfast hours were impressive but the spread was simple: apples, toast, few muffins available, cereal and yogurt with chilled hard-boiled eggs. Coffee, cocoa, tea and orange juice.

The front area with pond and fountain with a bench nearby was lovely to sit at dusk.

Not sure we'd return, unless they update the rooms more.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Rob R, General Manager at Rock Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

We thank you for staying with us and appreciate your business. I am sorry your visit didn't live up to your expectations. Your feedback is valuable and we will address the issues you have mentioned.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

two of us stayed here on our way over the beartooth highway. we checked in early made dinner reservations, had a quick walk along the creek, and went off to kill time in town (5 miles back down the road). we had a fabulous dinner at the piney dell after which we swam in the pool and soaked in the hot tub. we had a ground floor room on the creek side of the older building - which reminded me of vintage summit county Colorado ski condo! the room was dated but clean. the bed was old and squeaky. but it was wonderful to leave the window open all night and listen to the creek. the pool and hot tub are great. must get a creekside room, otherwise you may find your accommodation less than charming! the continental breakfast was sufficient, they offered coffee, tea, juice, hardboiled eggs, yogurt, breads, and cereals. we didn't want a big meal so it worked for us. overall thumbs up.

Room Tip: get a creek side room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

The staff and location of this hotel are both great. We stayed here before going to Yellowstone by taking the Beartooth Pass, which is just past this resort. The river is beautiful, and the town of Red Lodge is nice to spend an evening in. However, the room we stayed in left a lot to be desired. We were in the Grizzly condos, and while spacious, it just seemed like a room that hadn't been updated for decades. The room was musty and the sheets smelled really musty too. It's true there was no air conditioning, but we stayed in late July and just opened the window/balcony door and it was fine. There was a box fan in the room too that helped circulate the air. Breakfast was light and had nothing hot, but gave us a bit to fill up before a long day. I would stay here again if the rooms were renovated.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017

My wife and old cocker spaniel and I have just gotten home from a 4 night stay at Rock Creek. We first stayed at Rock Creek in 1985 when it consisted of only the Grizzly Condos. We have stayed at least once a year most years since. We call it condo camping and use the resort as a base camp for day hikes. We once hosted a large ( about 40 people) family reunion back in the late nineties. My kids have fished and swum in the trout pond. Now that the resort accepts pets, so has my dog. The Grizzly Condo is the oldest building; the Lodge, the Twin Elk building and the "homes" at the entrance are newer by 15 or 20 years.
The plumbing drains have always been touchy or sketchy, but work. The electrical outlets and lights seem to suffer from layout issues that the staff has worked around over the years. I suspect the staff is expected to make do rather than call a plumber or an electrician. We stayed in a pond side ground level room (pet friendly) and I noticed the wiring for l the lights above the murphy bed and some other wiring simply emerged from a hole in the sheet rock (out of sight unless you went exploring) not from an outlet box. Code compliant? Who knows what the Montana building code requires or if it exists. I've seen worse in other Montana motels.
The hallway carpeting is stained, but not ragged.
Everything worked.
The breakfast is pretty standard. The coffee is good enough. The breakfast hours are generous.
The staff was friendly and helpful. It helps if you are that way yourself. The reservation person seemed a bit out of touch; the first person I spoke with said no pet friendly rooms were available for the nights I requested even though I proposed a range of acceptable dates. I called back a few days later, got a different person, and got the dates I wanted. No one mentioned the triple A discount when I made the reservation, but we got the discount when we arrived. Made the stay a very good deal.
The LOCATION! Can't be beat. One could do a different and wonderful day hike every day for a week or more from trailheads within a 15 to 45 minute drive of the resort. And have a hot shower and good bed at the end of the day. The RockCreek staff is not terribly knowledgeable about the local hiking and fishing opportunities. For that, I have learned, one should stop the first day at the sporting goods store in red lodge called Sylvan Peak. Talk to one of the owners and buy a good Beartooth map, and bear spray.
I love staying at Rock Creek, even with its shortcomings. The hiking and fishing it makes possible for someone who doesn't want to camp more than make up for the resort's flaws which have, so far, been minor. Go for the hiking or the fishing or both and stay for the beer on the deck in the dusk. Mark
PS My wife likes the laundry and the pool.And she likes to visit with the staff. I also like to visit with the staff, especially the maintenance guys who often have helpful information about trails not on the maps.

Room Tip: Creekside for the music, pond side for mountain horizon
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suzatjas
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Nice resort with beautiful Rock Creek running behind property. Nice fountain and green area in front of resort. We stayed in a town home which was ok. It had a nice deck overlooking the creek, kitchen facilities, bed and bath accommodations that accommodated our group but could have used a little updating. It was nice to have a continental breakfast included and receive a discount for AAA.

Stayed: July 2017