“Anniversary dinner”
Review of Old Piney Dell

Old Piney Dell
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Piney Dell is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 43 Restaurants in Red Lodge
Price range: US$14 - US$32
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Old Piney Dell is a Montana restaurant set in the beautiful Beartooth Mountains. Originally an old mining cabin, Old Piney Dell started being used as a cultural center in the 1940's, and was soon converted into a restaurant and bar. This has been a local secret for over 70 years!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

We ate at the Old Piney June 9,2015 and had an excellent meal. I had the best walleye ever! My husband had the flatiron steak and was impressed. The server was delightful, the atmosphere was homey. There was a nice view of the creek below. We had heard that they had a new chef and he did not disappoint!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

My husband and I dined here for our anniversary. We had a great nature view to enjoy. Overall experience was good and had a classic supper club feel. My husband had the Wiener schnitzel and I had the walleye, we started with crab cakes and french onion soup. All tasty and the value was fair. The server was nice and knowledgable. I was hoping for King crab for our anniversary but no big deal, it was a nice meal.

1  Thank foodchica a
Reviewed 31 March 2015 via mobile

What makes this place great is the setting way up in the mountains and the ability to sit a large party. We meet up at the Old Piney Dell once a year with 10 or so friends - and its always good.
The Wiener schnitzel is the best thing on the dinner menu and desserts are all pretty good - the huckleberry ice cream cake was outstanding!!!
If you're visiting Billings, make the drive up to Red Lodge and try The Old Piney Dell. I think it's worth it!

Reviewed 18 February 2015

My husband and I went to the Piney Dell for Valentine's Day. We have not been there for years because while the food is very flavorful the service was always so slow. We received the same service this time. They had a limited menu because of the occasion so you would assume the service would be quicker. They had plenty of help but for some reason we were sitting 45 minutes before we were able to place our order. This was after my husband brought it to our waitress' attention. The food was very flavorful and done correctly. If you go there make sure you have plenty of time to spare.

Reviewed 7 October 2014

I ate at the Old Piney Dell the first night I stayed at Rock Creek Resort. The food was tasty but the menu was very limited and a bit pricey. They had some local beers on tap, including one I liked. They were $5/pint. I had the French Onion Soup and a salad and the bill was $20 including one pint of beer.