“One of the Best in Montana!”
Review of Sacajawea Hotel

Sacajawea Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Three Forks
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Although we live only an hour away from Three Forks, my wife and I recently stayed at the Sacajawea for the first time for our anniversary. Simply put, it's one of the nicest hotels we've stayed at in Montana. Expertly renovated, the rooms are comfortable and immaculate, with enough modern touches to please those who need them. We chose the room with a double bed, which was on the smaller side but incredibly cozy and perfect for one night. Bed was super comfortable. For the rate, it can't be beat! If you choose to eat at the restaurant you will no be disappointed. Great menu, excellent wine list and good service. Fun bar downstairs with good bar food and lively atmosphere. Walking distance to other places in Three Forks, a classic Montana small town. The continental breakfast is perfect, and sitting on the large covered porch with a cocktail in the evening and coffee in the morning is a must. All in all, this place rules!

Room Tip: If you are staying more than one night or have a lot of baggage, a double room may be a little tight...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find such a gem in Three Forks! The Hotel is gorgeous! They defiantly paid attention to detail when it was restored. Upon arriving we received complimentary champagne, which in my opinion is a perfect way to start a mini-vacation. The room we reserved was a king room and it was beautiful! The furnishings, bedding etc were top notch, one complaint was the room was a bit warm but nothing that was unbearable. We had made reservations, which I suggest you do, the food was amazing!! We consider ourselves foodies and this was top of the line, as was the service. The bar that adjoins the restaurant was a little stuffy but other than that the place was fantastic. We will defiantly be returning.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I live in Montana and have driven by Three Forks many, many times and always promised myself that I would one day stay at the Sacajawea Hotel, well today is that day...and I'm more impressed than I thought I would be. The hotel is historic and it has been renovated beautifully. The Lobby is incredible, the rooms are very nice and the staff is great. I would recommend this hotel highly, you won't be sorry you stopped.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Had to do a company event west of Bozeman and a friend recommended the "Sac". I don't know that I have ever enjoyed staying at a hotel as much as I have at the Sacajawea. The Folkvord family has done an amazing job of restoring this historic hotel to it's former glory and Hillary, Dorothy, Patricia, Pat and the rest of the staff were the best I have ever dealt with and I travel constantly for business.
They also managed to steal a star chef from a competitor and their dining room is amazing. The duck quesadilla appetizer and Wagyu beef are both a "don't miss" in my book. The bars (fancy bar upstairs and sports bar downstairs) have a better selection of Scotch and bourbon than I have seen anywhere ever. And I am a serious bourbon junkie. All THREE versions of Pappy Van Winkel???? Seriously? Never seen that outside of Louisville, Kentucky. And Carleigh the head bartender (bartendress?) even express ordered a bourbon for us that we drank her out of.
Every single member of the staff from front desk to wait staff to bartenders to housekeeping made every effort to make us all feel at home and very welcome. I will definitely be back here both on business and for relaxation.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor on the continental breakfast room level. The rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I loved this place! It is a 1920's hotel that has been renovated but kept with period details and the original charm. The front wrap-around porch is great, and the lobby filled with dark wood and luxury furniture. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was very nice, and the king bed was very comfortable. The included continental breakfast was nice, and their pastries were exceptional. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4.7 km away
Travelodge Three Forks
Travelodge Three Forks
#3 of 3 in Three Forks

Been to Sacajawea Hotel? Share your experiences!