All reviews full kitchen two burner stove an extended stay hotel ice maker multiple hotels modern look off the highway very nice hotel front desk king bed the hotel staff room was large complimentary breakfast a great place to stay staff was friendly next morning dishwasher
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Parking very close to the door. Lobby is open, spacious and attractive. Checkin was smooth and staff very friendly.
Room was outstanding. Well lit, nice kitchenette with big fridge. Liked the workspace. Nice big, quality TV. Bathroom was really nice - brightly lit, really nice walk in shower, great water pressure. Bed was comfortable. Overall great place to stay. I'm a Hilton guy and Kearney has a too notch Hampton. I think this Candlewood might be nicer and was far cheaper!

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank ctyadmcc
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Plug in in bath did not work..reported to front desk.. maintenance flipped the breaker in the room..yep no power in the plug next morning. Wonder how many times that breaker tripped? Creates a really bad hair day. Room clean but am concerned about the fact they probably had an instance previous and never fixed it

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
JanP3847, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Tapolta, Ugh! No one likes a bad hair day! We sincerely appreciate you letting us know that the outlets in the bathroom were not working (the electricians did need to replace the breaker) and we know the next guest THANKS you very much for letting us know there was an issue. Hope your meetings were informative & you had a safe trip home! EnJoY Fall! :o)

Reviewed 23 August 2018

It's a new Candlewood. That being said, IHG put these new thermostats in the rooms and it doesn't really give you the option to go below a certain set value. I think even the value that you see on the thermostat is unreliable. Oh well. I guess new Candlewoods are no longer on my list of choices.

It's getting harder and harder to override these thermostats and this one simply I had no clue how to do it. Don't stay here.

I also didn't appreciate the interrogation from the hotel clerk. Why I'm in town and where I work is my own business and I'm not open to sharing my personal details with someone that I don't know. So cut the small talk and just give me a room key already!

Room tip: Don't stay here as the rooms are too hot and the T-stat is preset.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jan P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

DaneIronfoot,
My sincere apology the temperature of your guest room was not satisfactory. Please always feel free to contact the Front Desk or Management if you have any questions or concerns during your stay. We want you to be nice & cool ~ and could have helped! Our team is very friendly & knowledgeable ~ I'm sorry you didn't appreciate the "interrogation" ~ think they are always so excited to share the "flavor & flair" of our city for guests that do have restaurant or entertainment questions ~ it may have seemed too bold. We thank you for staying with us and hope you have had a wonderful summer! :o)

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at this property two nights while attending a conference in Kearney. The suite was quite spacious and comfortable with a good bed and bedding. The hotel staff was very friendly and welcoming. There is no breakfast served here and that is the only reason I didn’t give it five stars. There are free laundry facilities and microwaveable food available to purchase as well as a kitchen in the suite so this hotel is well suited for extended stays.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jan P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Hi Mike! Excited you had a wonderful experience at IHG's newest extended stay property ~ the Candlewood Suites! Beautiful over-sized guest suites with full kitchenettes; so you have everything you need to make breakfast (maybe bacon & eggs?!?). We do have lots of wonderful amenities including complimentary laundry, gas grills under the gazebo, a lending locker full of small kitchen appliances, and a cupboard with a wonderful selection of food/snack items. Hope you enjoyed the conference and we welcome you back soon ~ or next year for the 2019 convention! :o)

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

If you have any question at all, this is where you want to stay. The staff is, professional, warm and engaging. The property is between 2-3 years old and still reads like it just opened. You can tell the staff takes a great deal of pride in their craft. There are three excellent restaurants right around the corner. We had the chance to eat at two of them and had great experiences in both.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jan P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

So much fun to host you Andrew! The Candlewood Suites Kearney celebrates their 2 year opening anniversary next week! We appreciate your opinion that is still feels new ~ it's fun for staff to extend a warm welcome right when you walk into the property and assist you during your stay! Glad you had a chance to taste the flavor & flair of Kearney at the restaurants directly south of the hotel. Next time you come back, we'll encourage you to try the new Cunningham's Journal on the Lake. It's our newest tap & kitchen with a unique modern, industrial flair ~ all within walking distance of the Candlewood Suites. :o)