All reviews water slides indoor waterpark on site restaurant dvd player pool area nice hotel free breakfast would stay again hot tub wedding reception upgraded to a suite older hotel other hotels stopping point room was spacious a great stay coffee maker
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We spent two nights here as my husband was at a trade show. We brought our two children , 4 and 7. They loved the waterpark. The staff there were so good. The lady who works the day shift was awesome to us. We were the only people there and she catertered to us so well. We were upgraded to a suite and it was one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in, and we stay in holiday inns about 40 times a year. Rooms were clean and quiet. My only issue was the breakfast was not good. Waitress was good, but my meal, eggs Benedict was very bad. I order this all the time at holiday inns but this was not up to standard. Overall great experience will just eat elsewhere

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Brittney L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear jenncornelsen,
Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Kearney. We are pleased to read about your pleasant stay with us and we are glad you enjoyed the water center and suite upgrade. We are sorry to hear that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to pass your comments along to management for further review and action. Thank you for your continuing loyalty to Holiday Inn's and would be happy to help you with any future travel plans. Please don't hesitate to contact us at 308-237-5971.
Lyndsey

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Nearly 40 years ago, on a car trip with my grandparents, we spent a night at the Holiday Inn in Kearney. At the time, this property was known as a “Holidome”, which meant it had an indoor waterpark of slides and a pool. We loved it. Now, a generation later, I returned to this location with my two boys (13, 9) and watched them also enjoy the water park (it had been modernized). Our stay was comfortable, convenient, and the service was great. There are a lot of hotel options just off the I-80 exit in Kearney. We are very glad we chose this Holiday Inn.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Heather B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Worldtraveler68,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Kearney and for taking the time to fill out our survey. What a wonderful story to be shared. I will make sure that your comments are passed along to management. Please don't hesitate to call us for any future travel plans at 308-237-5971.
Brittney

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I stayed here 30 years ago when it was the first Holi-Dome in the nation. The hotel is still very nice and the staff was able to keep up with things during eclipse-mania this summer. Rooms are nice and well appointed but as other reviewers have noted if you want an outside view avoid the former pool-side rooms as they now face the ballroom. This was not an issue for us as we just need a place to sleep before the eclipse. The location was near to other hotels where members of our party were staying and lots of different restaurants. I would stay again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear TK2012114,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Kearney's Holiday Inn as you stated before that there are many other lodging options in the area. We had so much fun with our guests during the eclipse and were so happy to have you. We are also pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay during this time. Please don't hesitate to call if we can assist you in the future at 308-237-5971.
Brittney

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Stayed here for the eclipse. Location was super convenient. Property is a multiple times renovated H-I facility with the room we stayed wearing through it's most recent facelift. Ceilings in the hallways are drop ceiling panels...that tells me a lot about the building.

Here's the caveat....avoid rooms 163-167. These rooms do not have an exterior facing room. And in my opinion is a possible fire code violation. The room's "window" faces into an interior corridor loaded with mechanical equipment used in the adjoining (and later built/added) convention center. Room was noisy 24/7 and made sleeping a bit of a challenge. Never mind the fact the room was dark 24/7 with no outside light unless someone turns on the corridor light. With the hotel sold out, we could not be moved. On that note I was extremely disappointed. Especially for a rewards Gold member.

Room was otherwise clean, but sorely needs more accessible outlets for cell-phones, laptops and other electronics.

Pool was really a small waterpark with slides and both an adult pool and wading pool for the tots. It was clean, well managed and maintained. Kids give it two thumbs up. Necessary after traveling cross country for the kids to blow off pent-up steam before bed-time.

On-site restaurant is hotel typical...pricey for mediocre dinner food. Morning buffet was good and kids ate free on the weekend. But not weekdays.

To their credit, the hotel's management has in place a "Quiet Time" policy between 11PM and 6AM during the week and midnight to 6AM on weekends. Still with the noise from the exterior corridor, kids could be running up the interior hall to the pool screaming and it might not wake us.

Room tip: Avoid rooms 163-167 if you want an outside view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mike_Mac_Chicago
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hello Mike_Mac_Chicago,

Thank you for choosing us and for leaving a review. I am happy that our location worked for your travel needs and that you found our pool area clean. However, it is unfortunate that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay due to the room layout and the noise challenges. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you have faced during your stay. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our maintenance team.

Again, thank you for staying and for being our IHG Rewards Club Gold member. We hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here thirty plus times with consistently satisfactory experiences.

The hotel is right off I-80 and located off the beaten path enough where a morning commute is free from congestion. The lot is clean and has ample parking for types of travelers.

I have arrived in Kearney at times varying from 2pm- 3am and the staff are always smiling,warm and professional. Check in was fast and simple.

The rooms are clean and well maintained. There are plenty of outlets for all your electronics.I recommend a room on the west side,as the currents allow in a lot of morning sunshine.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Heather B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Anthony R,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Kearney's Holiday Inn and for being a loyal guest of ours. We enjoy welcoming you through our doors and are excited for your next visit. We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to post your comments via TripAdvisor. Please call us at 308-237-5971 if we can assist with any future travel plans or be of any other assistance.
Heather