“Great food and evironment for a business dinner”

Venue Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Venue Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 669 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$6 - US$38
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Venue's team of culinary chefs put together a diverse menu summarized as American Continental cuisine with ethnic influences. The menu features Premium choice steaks, fresh seafood, brick oven specialty pizzas, superb soups, salads, pastas, and succulent desserts. Venue is the perfect place to relax for a snack, enjoy happy hour specials, enjoy a meal or an entire evening. Venue offers three private dining rooms and offers full service catering.
Reviewed 16 June 2017

I had the veal ribeye and it was cooked to perfection and just the right portion size. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Great place to eat.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

The restaurant looks very plain from the outside, but the inside is surprisingly spacious and comfortable. The wine list was decent and the variety of foods better. The wait staff is extremely courteous and accommodating. We were a group of eight and I did not taste the other guests' dishes but I would say most of our companions enjoyed their meal. My wife and I shared the calamari for the starter. Though this preparation may appeal to midwestern tastes, it didn't so much to ours. The pieces were coated with cracker flower and cooked longer than our preference. We prefer squid with nothing more than a simple dusting of flour and quickly fried so the pieces are just tender. The more breading, the longer cooking required, and the tougher the squid. Most American restaurants are oblivious to this fact. My wife had the soft shell crab and it too was quite cooked. As we went in May, the fresh crabs should be available and we were hoping to have some (but hers were frozen). The accompanying aioli was also heavy (I thought it ok, the wife thought not). The dish I ordered proved to be the favorite and some of our guests tasting it preferred it to their entrees as well. Short rib and bucatini is a great choice. The short rib is ample, tender, succulent, and goes well with the creamy and smartly flavored bucatini. I'm normally not a big fan of rich, creamy pasta dishes but this was very tasty and I ate nearly all of it. Lincoln is not a great restaurant town but overall Venue is one of the better choices.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I was here for a group event and the service and group/event room was excellent. A few days later my twin brother went there for dinner with our mother and two others and he provided me with a similar highly positive unsolicted comment his experience.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Thanks for making this evening so much more than "just" amazing food. The food WAS really amazing! To start we had Spinach and Artichoke dip and The house-smoked salmon rillette. The steaks were perfectly cooked... even my rare filet! Great wine list that included one of our favorites, Goldeneye 2013 Pinot Noir. Don't miss this gem when you're in Lincoln!

Reviewed 15 April 2017

My husband, myself and friend had lunch celebrating her belated birthday on April 13.
We started our meal with the spinach artichoke dip which is excellent. Barrie, brought it out bubbling hot with just the right amount of brown. They served it with two pieces of bread and ample chips for three.

The luncheon trio is the best buy in Lincoln. My husband had the crab bisque, salad and Prime Rib sandwich for $10.00. His favorite the meatloaf sandwich was not on the menut this time. He did enjoy the Prime Rib. My friend and I had the chicken salad with Dijon cranberry pecan dressing with bacon on small croissant. It is amazing and a very generous serving. I had the Hungarian mushroom soup and salad with it. My friend had the same chicken salad, but, she had the house soup chicken tortilla which she enjoyed too.
Barrie, kept our water glasses filled and kept checking to see if all was o.k. She gave
wonderful service.

Our only problem was that much as we wanted to be tempted with their wonderful desserts we were all too full.

We will return soon.