“Bad dog”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Ogallala
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

After checking in I went down to get ice. A small dog was happily running around in the breakfast area. Two men were over by the coffee. Three hours later I went to check on the pool hours. The SAME little dog was still in the breakfast area. Keep in mind that the sign on the door says $250 fine for dogs. I quizzed the desk clerk and he first said it belonged to a guy who was delivering something. When I said it had been there hours before then he said "oh, well that dog belongs to the owner".
Couldn't enjoy breakfast I will not stay there again

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
ManagerNE042, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

As the desk clerk stated the dog belongs to the owner. He was there for 2 hours and left. Most of his time is spent outside. He is not a bad dog and he stays next to his owner and does not have the run of the hotel. Thank you for your concern. Sherry Dunham GM

Reviewed 14 October 2015

What's the deal with these cheap hard uncomfortable mattresses lately? I'm typically a fan of Comfort Inn however not after tonight. The place is very clean though. Another thing I'm not happy about is the very low water pressure. It is way below average. And my flat screen TV has a low crappy resolution.

Room Tip: Check to see if they still have rooms with the older mattresses-those are hopefully more comfortable...
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2015

Our stay was for one night and everyone was so helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean and quiet but the best is their bedding. Without a doubt the best mattress I have slept in while traveling and pillows were great too. Step to second floor so if you have mobility issues request a ground floor room

Room Tip: Have dinner at Whiskey Creek for a fabulous steak.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2015

We tried to stay at this hotel on 9/18. The front desk was unattended , so we looked around for a while, but couldn't find anyone. There was no bell or buzzer to request service. After a while, we left and went to a different hotel.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2015

We made a reservation a few months in advance for one night. We have stayed here on and off in the past ten years as we often travel through the area. This time we were checked in by the clerk we have never seen here before. He did not wear an ID tag. As a diamond choice members we do qualify for a complimentary upgrade, so my husband asked him if we could get one. He said that our "choice status has been taken care off" When we went up to the room, it was just a standard king room. In fact it was the smallest room we have ever stayed at this Comfort Inn for the past ten years. I went back downstairs and asked the same gentleman if we could get the upgrade that my husband was talking about. He responded " I can't do it" I left it at that and did not asked why. Our room was clean overall, very small, no couch, could use a new recliner and desk chairs as the ones in a room resembled furniture in a Salvation Army store back in the 80's. Air conditioning unit worked, but was antique and needed a deep cleaning. Bed was a little too hard, but still comfortable. Bedding was updated and TV was flat panel. The room was okay, but we didn't sleep well. Breakfast was a standard Comfort Inn breakfast. No complaints. We had eggs, sausage links, coffee. WiFi signal was strong, pool, hot tub were in order. Upon checking out we were not asked how our stay was. The hotel itself is okay, customer service simply doesn't exist. We never experienced customer service related problems at this Comfort Inn in Ogallala in the past ten years. Looks like they got new staff and things are getting much worse.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple