US$52
US$66
PremierInn.com
US$61
PremierInn.com
Holiday Inn Express Wakefield(Wakefield)(Great Value!)
US$40
CitiLodge Hotel(Wakefield)
US$31
US$47
York House Hotel(Wakefield)
US$96
US$85
1,092 results
All reviewswalton hallfour poster bedgolf coursestunning locationthe main hotelwedding venuebridal suiteafternoon teaold buildingswimming poollovely settingwedding receptionleisure facilitieslovely hotelfrom start to finishexecutive roommy mum
Reviewed 8 March 2017

We have just spent the weekend at Waterton Park , a truly enjoyable experience from start to end. Upon arriving and going to our room which was huge with four poster bed / seating area / dressing room / big bathroom with bath and shower. We were left with Champagne and chocolates. We went to Charlie's bar for lunch , whilst overlooking the leisure facilities. Breakfasts were brilliant - offering anything from continental , cereal , fresh fruit , yoghurts , full English. Everyone is catered for.
Saturday evening we were in the function room for a celebration - the staff were brilliant helping with anything that was required. DJ played our playlist which he was provided with. Evening buffet was brilliant and everything we had requested. At the end of the evening our cards / presents were taken to our room for us.
Overall a perfect experience and highly recommended to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
KateCloughPR, Guest Relations Manager at Waterton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Thank you Gillian for your super review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your weekend and function with us, it was a pleasure to look after you all. I do hope we get to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel for my 50th birthday. He couldn't have picked a better hotel. I was a bit disappointed that we weren't in Walton Hall, but I needn't have been. The deluxe double room in Waterton Park (the newer part) was spacious with a four poster bed and seating area. There was chocolates, flowers and champagne in the room and even a birthday card from the hotel which I thought was a nice touch. We had dinner in the restaurant in Walton Hall which was gorgeous. There was a wedding on in the Hall and a function in our part of the hotel but there was no noise or disruption.

He also booked a couple of spa treatments in the spa there, which was amazing and Reenie was lovely. Very relaxing and chilled out place to be. There is a lovely golf course for those keen golfers.

All in all I can't fault this place, the setting is gorgeous and we hope to return.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and I will pass your thanks onto Rene and all involved and I do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

i am a member of the leasure club but I am finding it is getting so crowded with ladies coming on spa days. To day there where not enough lockers and two ladies had to put their bags on the floor. One hair dryer was not working. The name leasure club should be change to fight club.....we fight for lockers, pool, jacuzzi, and steam room. It is not rerelaxing for members or spa day visites.

Room Tip: Didn't stay in a room I'm a member of the leasure club
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Joan M
KateCloughPR, Guest Relations Manager at Waterton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding the Health and Leisure club. We do occasionally have days where we are very busy as we do also have days when we are very quiet. We value all feedback and we will certainly take yours on board for future reference in managing the footfall through the club.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Had an amazing stay here. Booked for my boyfriends 21st birthday. The spa facilities are incredible as we had a massage each and it really was 5*. We used the pool and steam room facilities and again they were incredible and clean. The room was an upgrade given to us so we were very happy. Staff were attentive. Absolutely gorgeous setting! Very lovely hotel that I recommend to everyone.

Only downfall.
The food in the restaurant/bar above the pool wasn't very nice. We had bread and butter pudding for desert and I'd never try it again after that. Wasn't much choice and didn't really like what was on offer.

The room we had was stunning however it was slightly cold. I did get rather chilly throughout the night. This was probably due to being on the top floor and the room was so big to heat up?

Apart from a cold bedroom and bad food the surroundings and spa facilities were great.

Stayed: November 2016

Thank you for your great review and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. I do hope we can welcome you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

My friends and I enjoyed a spa day here today. The actual treatments were great; and this part of the day was very good. What we felt was a shame was that the pool, sauna part of it was in a separate venue. It wasn't possible to just go from one to the other in a robe! It made the experience feel disjointed. We wouldn't go again because of this. A shame as the setting is lovely.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank yorklass59

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Yes you are right the wet facilities are in Walton Hall and the Spa on the mainland. Due to the hall being a listed building we are limited to what we can do. We do have a fabulous Spa though on the mainland and I do hope you change your mind and perhaps come back and visit us again in the future.