“Will try again”

Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

We have been wanting to eat here for some time, and the other evening was quiet enough to get in.

We were seated quickly and given menus right away. Our intent was to take advantage of the "happy hour" menu which we were able to get one glass of wine each. This happened only because service was slow and when the waiter brought our wine he left and we didn't get our order in in time.

We ordered anyway from the big small dish menu. We were not disappointed.

We had the meatballs (yummmm), salmon on toast points, and the clams. Of course along with some very good wine. All very tasty and a fun evening.

We will return at another time. And hope that service is a little quicker but we do want to try some of the entrees.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Good, pleasant service and very good food. The flatiron steak was delicious and cooked to order. The pasta dishes were also generous portions and very tasty. The wine selection was extensive and they will ship to your home destination.

Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

Dinner at the Tahoe Ridge winery and Bistro. Great food, exceptional wines. The Frontenac went well with my amazing buffalo short ribs. My wife really enjoyed the Minden Rose with her salad. All in all a great evening with friends. Tom King and his fair bride were great hosts and the wine was outstanding. We'll be back!

Reviewed 26 July 2015

We were disappointed on a slow Monday evening to have such poor service and then getting our food cold. It took forever for someone to take our order, receive our drinks, get our food, get water refills, and so forth. We probably will not return again.

Howard J, Manager at Tahoe Ridge Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

It looks like we dropped the ball on your dinning experence at the Bistro the other night, if you would like to contact me at hjachens@tahoeridgewinery.com I would like to know more, we try really hard to give every guest a good experence.

Reviewed 23 July 2015

We met friends here for "Happy Hour", we were greeted and seated immediately, as our friends were already there. We all agreed to order from the happy hour menu. My wife and I both ordered the Crawfish Risotto and glass of our favorite wine. Our three friends each ordered something different. The orders were not delivered at the same time, and the waitress left the menus on the table. She also forgot one order of Crawfish Risotto. As I work at this Restaurant part-time I was disappointed in the service, it was not up to their usual standards. This was a new waitress that I was not familiar with. The food was very good and the portions were fairly large for happy hour. The Head Waitress here is a personal friend of mind and I will bring the sub-standard service to her attention. I still recommend this restaurant, as this was a one time incident.