“Huge Portions”

Tahoe Biltmore Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Quiet place for breakfast (off season?) Chicken Fried Steak was huge! My plate was heaped with hashbrowns, 3 eggs and a giant slab of chicken fried steak for an extremely reasonable price. Good service, clean. Hotel / casino in desperate need of remodeling. This place is a regular stop for for us for breakfast when we come up to the North Shore, and we often try their dinner specials too.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We had the prime rib special and it was good. The server was nice and the atmosphere was great. The restaurant has really good deals on their specials.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We ended up here during a major snow storm. Power was out on the California side so went here. There were only about three other tables that had people. My daughter and my food was cold and tasteless. The fish and chips were ok.

We did have a very nice waitress.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

Went there after work on my way home and I figured that a Casino Restaurant would be at least half way decent (like 51%+). Well the Biltmore in Crystal Bay managed to bring that down to a 5%. The menu is not very 'creative'. A meatloaf, some Burgers ... I mean, the total basics just 'feed the desperate gamblers". There is zero creativity in this menu and no attempt to make repeat customers of those that come by.
OK enouth about the written menu; what really stinks to high heaven is the misuse of culinary standards. I ordered the Stateline Steak - 8oz of juicy ANGUS steak with bla bla bla... What I got felt more like ground cattle meat flattened to appear more like a hamburger and drenched in some aweful gravy sauce. If that was ANGUS then my behind must be Filet Mignon. Come on fellas; this is false advertising at its worst. You may say that there is 1% Angus somewhere swimming around in that concuction by please don't insult your ordinary customer with names you have a hard time pronouncing, like 'ANGUS'.
Sorry but I do NOT recommend this eatery until they clean this up, perhaps with a cook who knows how to make something in what appeared to be a beautifully equipped kitchen and a Food and Beverage Manager who does not think the public is STUPID.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Cafe is located in Biltmore Hotel & Casino right off casino floor. Food was good and very inexpensive. Menu offers a variety of comfort food and full meals.