US$248
US$689
US$99
Travelocity
US$69
Ferrari's Crown Resort(Kings Beach)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$279
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Franciscan Lakeside Lodge(Tahoe Vista)(Great Value!)
US$209
Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort(Tahoe Vista)
US$261
Orbitz.com
Cedar Glen Lodge(Tahoe Vista)(Great Value!)
US$199
Official Site
All reviewsovernight staybeen updated recentlyleave the balcony door openwaffle machineplace to staybasic amenitiesroad noisestayed here for one nighttahoe citytwo double bedsshort driverooms are spaciousthree nightshyattcontinentallodginglake
Reviewed 4 April 2018

While the Parkside Inn was overall quite nice, and well located in Incline for the price, we unfortunately had an experience with bed bugs on one of the lower floor rooms, and were not pleased with how the owner handled it. After staying here one night during peak ski season, my boyfriend came home to find (confirmed) bed bug bites all over his shoulders and neck. We did a thorough inspection of our clothing and home, and luckily they didn't come back with us!

After we reported the issue, we learned that another guest had already checked into our room, and they could not inspect until they left. The owner of the property was extremely combative and aggressive after we reported the problem, and throughout our communications with him. While he claimed that his housekeeping manager did an inspection as soon as possible (a good start), he did not provide any documentation or proof that there was any kind of official inspection done in the room. This is usually standard protocol for this type of issue - a professional pest control company should have been contacted.

In any case, beware of staying in the lower level rooms (I believe we were in 118), as they may or may not have been checked for bed bugs.

To clarify - we had a great experience with the service, staff, location and room overall. We also understand that bed bugs happen, and that in itself wasn't the biggest problem! We were mostly upset and disappointed with how the owner handled our very reasonable report of a gross (and itchy!) issue.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ResidentGM, Manager at Parkside Inn at Incline, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

We would like to assure any potential customer of the Parkside Inn at Incline that our property is free of any type of bug infestation.
We are well aware that this problem can happen in any type of Hotel and have learned that these bugs can show up anywhere from economy and limited service properties to five star hotels and that despite one's best efforts this issue cannot be prevented from occurring as these bugs travel in peoples bags and clothing and can be carried and spread anywhere. We have taken the necessary steps to help protect our guests against this or any type of bug infestation and our staff is constantly vigilant of this issue and are prepared take the necessary actions to minimize the risk and protect that well being of all of our guests.
In response to this particular claim by Ms. Cobb, we find it interesting that they failed to report a problem upon their departure but instead waited two days to call us, at this time the room in question was occupied by another guest who did not report any issues with their stay.
The room in question was immediately quarantined and the rooms adjacent to were also thoroughly inspected and we found them free of any type of infestation. These rooms have been placed back in service and have been occupied by several customers since this report without an incident. We will continue to maintain diligent maintenance procedures in place to ensure the safety and satisfaction of all our customers.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I have never written a negative review. Checked in and was told I had no reservation, had to pull up email and finally let me check in. That night received a call around 10pm, woke me up, front desk telling me I did not have a reservation. I told her I had a confirmation and she demanded I forward her the email email.

Next night received a call from front desk at 1130pm, woke me up again and said My suv was parked illegally. I told front desk I don’t have an SUV!!!! Guy hung up on me so I had to go out in snow and go to front desk to make sure they didn’t tow my car. He said it was someone else’s car.

Woke up to snow and ice was unable to get up hill and out of parking lot. Waited few hours and called front desk and asked it they plan to put salt or sand down and lady said “what you don’t have suv?” I said no and are you going to place sand or anything? She then said what you don’t have suv? Again I said no and I didn’t know that was required. She then informed me “maybe later”.

Service is AWFUL!!!!!!! DONT STAY HERE!!!!!! I think a couple junior high kids are running the place,

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ResidentGM, Manager at Parkside Inn at Incline, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

We are sorry and very surprised that you felt our service was awful. Ironically, the one are that our staff is most proud of is the quality of service that we offer as evidenced by the numerous positive guest comments and feedback that we receive not only on Tripadvisor but on all other Online Travel sites.
For the record, your original reservation was not made directly with us and was made for arrival a day later than your actual arrival date. Upon your arrival we had not received your revised reservation from Hotels.com/Expedia. We accommodated you immediately upon your arrival and proceeded to investigate the matter, we called your room to request further information as we were unable to locate your reservation. According to our records we called you around 9:30pm as confirmed by the fact that we received your email with a copy of your reservation at 9;42pm. As a policy, we never call rooms after 10pm. Regarding the situation with you not being able to drive out of our garage when no one else had a problem appears to be a misunderstanding, our staff was simply trying to ascertain what type of vehicle you were driving in order to provide the proper assistance to you. It was unfortunate that you were not prepared to handle the snowy conditions.
In closing, the two young Ladies that you came in contact with during your stay, who are actually college graduates, understand that you are entitled to your opinion, they just cant understand why your description of the events do not seem to match the facts as they recall them.
We appreciate your business and are again disappointed that you feel our service felt short of your expectations.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped here while on our bucket list trip of NV, CA & OR. This area around the lake was very nice. Close to laundry, grocery, bank, parks. The homes around here were probably some of the most remarkable on the entire lake. Room was clean and nicely decorated. Chairs outside the door to listen to the birds while sipping wine or relaxing. Price was fair for the area.

Recommend

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hlinfl
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Although tastefully furnished, not suitable for me. I have disabilities and could not even get into bathtub. It was large, oval tub WAY too high to get into, stopper did not work in tub, no microwave oven to use, so I hope OWNERS enjoyed steak I left behind. Originally, I was only staying two nights. But due to contracting severe case of bronchitis, stayed five nights instead, never getting the bath I so desperately needed and wanted. If you're going to put bathtubs in that large and high, make them walk ins so those of us with disabilities can use them!! And if I did anything wrong, I apologize but sometimes I have no control over them.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Deutsche Telekom
1  Thank TahoeTeddy
ResidentGM, Owner at Parkside Inn at Incline, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

The intention of this response is to bring to your attention the facts surrounding this guest.
The guest was in fact at our property for 5 nights and refused daily housekeeping services. Upon her departure we realized that she was urinating on the bed to the point that we have been forced to replace the mattress. She befriended our Maintenance staff who she informed that she was living out of her car as she was evicted from her apartment. This also explained why her car was broken into by a local bear as she was storing food in her vehicle, which is something that we advise all of our guests against.
I ask you (trip advisor) to take into account the state of mind of someone who chooses to sleep in her urine for 5 nights and later complains that she could not take a bath due to our bathtubs. She NEVER requested a handicapped room. Take also into account the fact that she complained about the lack of a microwave oven so she could cook her steak!!!
Really? I trust that you will come to the same conclusion that we have and will not waste anymore time responding to this ridiculous evaluation of our property. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

On our road trip through tahoe to Yosemite to San fransisco, we stayed here for one night. Exceeded my expectations based on the reviews AND was the most value for cost during our trip by far. It might not be a fancy hotel in Tahoe but it was perfect for us-- cozy, very cutely decorated to fit the feel of the area, reasonable cost, friendly staff and included light breakfast (don't expect a full continental but we had oatmeal bagels juice etc. which is more than we got at a place we stayed afterward on our trip). I spent the trip wishing I could take our room from here with us. You do get actual keys not cards to enter. Parking isn't spectacular but we had no issues. If you go thru Expedia you do get charged prior to stay as an FYI. Head to rookies for a casual dinner since it's nearby! Oh, and the shower and heat in the bathroom was amazing especially after a chilly very windy day!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple