“Local Favorite.....for Good Reason”

Lupita's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Every time we are in Tahoe we go to Lupita's. Food is great and it is a terrific value. Service is iffy, but it adds to the experience. No complaints. Tacos Presidente are a total winner. Chips, salsa and guacamole are all solid. Chimichangas are terrific. Enchiladas with mole sauce are a different take and wonderful.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I realize from both the online ratings and the local word of mouth that this place is highly regarded. I was excited to go and check it out as I enjoy good Mexican food. It was awful. Yes, it was crowded and the wait was 25minutes. I ordered a taco salad. It came with peppers, which I almost asked to leave off. I now wish I had. This “taco salad” was nothing but peppers, with a few tough pieces of meat hidden underneath. Very little rice, and it didn’t even taste like a Mexican anything. So I picked out what little there was to eat, and was thinking of ordering a taco or anything with meat as I was still hungry, but the meat was terrible so I decided not to order. The service was terrible too, and even a person who sat down next to me was unhappy. I won’t go back and neither should you. Just look at the picture and ask, “is this a taco salad?”

1  Thank Dale H
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We were seated quickly beverage and chips delivered somewhat slow but this place is well worth it.
The server was very friendly,smiling and the tea was filled and we were checked on frequently.
I had the carnitas and the meat was cooked perfectly fried.The chips were plentiful and the salsa was unique but oh so good.
Overall excellent food and service and the prices were very reasonable especially for Incline Village.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We loved Lupitas but our last few visits the service - always no training - has just been awful. No one takes orders until you grab a waitress - waiters are the worst. The food delivery is erratic and getting drinks has become hopeless. We are so sad but it has been this way for months. If you look at my past reviews I gave them 5 stars , but the past several months we see a table that arrives 30 minutes or more after us get their order taken before us and often people get up and leave. So disappointing.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I like this place for a quick and reasonably traditional Mexican meal. It can get very busy at lunch and service is sometimes slow, but the servings are generous, the food good, and the prices low.