“Big is a good name”
Review of Big Mess Bar-BQ

Big Mess Bar-BQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Mess Bar-BQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #909 of 4,979 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Description: Big Mess BarBQ is a unique, but classic, American restaurant featuring signature smoked meats paired with hearty sides. Whether dining in or taking out Big Mess BarBQ is a barbeque-lovers' delight, where you will truly appreciate the food - and the wet nap.
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had a coupon for $15 off $30 or more spent. We arrived at opening (4pm) and were seated quickly. The waitress was very cordial and explained what our options were. They had a 4-6 pm special that features 4 choices of all you can eat meats (ribs, chicken, pulled pork, and brisket). The sides were slaw, beans and corn on the cob. To qualify for the half off we ordered a side of sweet potato fries. Great bargain. Only one caveat if you ask for seconds there is no "doggy bag"! But even my healthy appetite couldn't go for seconds. Oh an that special gives you a soft drink. The brisket was fork tender. I am going back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The BBQ chicken and ribs were perfect! I would definitely recommend it. Food was well prepared and friendly wait service.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

On our recent trip to Las Vegas/Sam's Town, we were surprised to find that there were changes in the dining options available, I am NOT a fan of "BBQ", but figured there must be other menu choices for people like me. We were immediately seated at the Big Mess, and welcomed by our amazing waiter, ROY! He was very friendly and helped us to decide on which menu items would be the best choices for us. We started our meal with an appetizer: New Orleans BBQ Shrimp!!! It was so delicious. I was hoping hubby wouldn't like it (MORE FOR ME!), but we both LOVED it. The seasoning was to die for. Roy told us to dip our cornbread in the seasoning....we ate every ounce of it. Again, at Roy's suggestion, I ordered the fresh cut salmon. The portion was huge and perfectly seasoned with a dry rub. Hubby had the beef brisket and pulled pork BBQ. We found the portions to be huge and the prices to be very reasonable. Roy chatted with us and went out of his way to make sure that we had a wonderful dining experience. The restaurant manager also visited our table to ask if everything was to our liking. We mentioned that we are NOT fans of BBQ, and based on the restaurant name, had visions of BBQ sauce dripping from our hands and elbows while eating our dinner. The name didn't attract us, and I'm sure it might not entice other guests to dine there as well. We were so glad that we didn't let it keep us from giving it a try, and loved it so much that we took other family members there for dinner 2 days later. We were very happy that they loved it as much as we did! Once again, Roy was our waiter and provided us with OUTSTANDING SERVICE! We can't wait to return to once again dine at the BIG MESS!!!

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

My Brother came into town and we visited your establishment. The food was excellent. We shared a pork sandwich, fried green tomatoes, Cole slaw, fries( homemade), mashed potatoes. We sat at the bar and Steve the Bartender was very friendly. It was like having family take care of you.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

We waited ten minutes here for service, and were never greeted or seated. At least four wait people walked by us in that time, and no one even acknowledged we were there. We left and went next door and had an excellent meal and service.

Been to Big Mess Bar-BQ? Share your experiences!