MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$156
Aria.com
US$258
US$207
  • Pool
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$159
Mirage.com
  • Restaurant
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$209
Hotels.com
US$259
US$239
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$98
US$129
US$119
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grand Chateau(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$189
US$169
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$102
Agoda.com
1,662 results
All reviewscabana suitestower roomvintage roomfremont streetcontainer parkold vegasfremont experiencesingle deck blackjackno elevatortwo blocksloose slotsdowntown vegasprime ribmob museumstay downtownthe deucean older hotel
Reviewed 12 July 2015

I stayed here for 6 days. I found the hotel itself to have loads of character. The room I had was very big, with old styled furniture, which I loved.

The room had aircon which worked to a degree, but I wasn't going to let that affect my stay.

I found all the staff to be very friendly, I couldn't fault them one little bit, customer service was spot on.

I stayed in room 2206. One night I woke up to see figure standing by my bed, at first I thought it was my friend messing about as they had a room key, but the shadow disappeared. A couple of times, unexplained events happened, I just put it down to a hotel ghost, this didn't bother me, one little bit.

Rooms are cleaned daily and are kept to a high standard.

If u want to stay in a cheaper range hotel, not very far from bus stop that can take you into the strip, then this is the hotel for you. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank susan1964
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

The room was clean. My room had an old box style TV; I'm not sure what to call it, not a flat screen, basically. The place is absolutely nothin fancy, that's for sure! Lol. But, it works.

I went to Vegas for a week and stayed at a couple of nice hotels on the strip. The last day I was there I thought I'd try something that cost less. A friend recommended the Cortez. I was a little concerned about staying "downtown", as they call it, but it's actually pretty close to the strip (if driving). The location was actually pretty awesome. Not to mention, there are a lot of things to do around this hotel (clubs, restaurants, casinos, etc.). I'd recommend staying here and taking the shuttle to the the strip, if you want to go to the strip. But, here, I actually found a lot more to do than on the strip.

Be advised, all the hotels in Vegas, including this one, charge a resort fee. Some also charge a WiFi fee, refrigerator fee, parking fee, etc. Just an FYI ;)

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jonathan D
Reviewed 6 July 2015

I have stayed at the El Cortez 3 times now, the first two times I was very pleased so imagine my surprise at the changes I endured this time around.

In the past they have offered room service (which we always treat ourselves to one morning while we are there), when I asked why it was no longer available I was told they "Discontinued it". I was told they had take out, but that just didn't cut it for us.

Also in the past they provided a complimentary ride to the airport, now it is available only limited times (7 am to 2 pm I believe) so with a 7:10 am departure this didn't work for us. So I had to pay a cab fare of about $35.

And the worst change is that they have never had a resort fee charge, but now they have what they call an amenity fee of over $8 per night stayed. When I asked about it I was told it covered Wi-Fi (which I do not need) parking in their lot (which I do not need) coffee and water in the room, coffee was terrible cheap brand, the water was about 6 ounces with a larger bottle also placed in your room which said it was $5. And this fee is not published anywhere that I saw, kind of a scam if you ask me!

And lastly, one of our beds hadn't been changed, the sheets reeked of someone else's sour sweat smell and our carpet was very sticky, obviously someone had spilled something and it hadn't been cleaned.

So for a few more bucks I highly recommend staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Pick a room as far from the front as possible, the windows do not block out any sound, it sounded like a rock band was playing in our room.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Cathy S
Reviewed 3 July 2015

I'd passed by many times, and my girlfriend talked me into a stay. This is Old Vegas style in spades. One of the really, truly original Vegas gaming houses, it pre-dates the Flamingo - in fact, Bugsy Siegel owned it at one point, and sold it to help finance the Flamingo construction. There's a great steakhouse and a cafe that's a great value, as well as friendly gaming and some very, very cool pit bosses. In one visit you'll feel like a regular, and on return visits, it just gets better. The Cabana Suites - just across the street - are pretty cool and trendy, but pretty brightly painted. If you dig that old style vibe, this is definitely a great choice.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the older suites
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ralph S
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Staying in the El Cortez tower is kind of like staying with your grandmother, everything in the room is really old but extremely clean. I their defense, they have added large flat screen TVs and refrigerators to the rooms. I think this was possibly the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. The casino is probably one of the best in Vegas from a players perspective, they have loose machines and friendly staff throughout. The tower rooms require a room key to activate the elevator, which is a pretty nice security feature. They also offer a complimentary airport shuttle, which will save you about $40-50 on a cab ride back to the airport. My advice to management is don't change a thing about the operations, but the tower rooms are a bit dated and could probably use new carpet, bathrooms, paint and furniture. Already looking forward to my next trip!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo