We love the El Cortez. Smack dab in what's old and what's new in Vegas, it's got the best of both worlds downtown. Just a block or two from the Fremont Street Experience, it's also in the hip & trendy Fremont East district. Complete with retro neon Vegas signs dotting the streets, this area offers clubs and restaurants galore.
Our tower king room in the El Cortez was spacious and quiet. Large dresser, desk, sofa, table, chairs, and a vanity & sink outside the toilet/shower room. The room was clean and in good condition, if a bit dated. We didn't mind, as it just added to the retro Vegas experience.
The room rate was a fantastic value: $36 for a Sunday night in June, including tax and parking. We also stayed here in June, 2014 and our $40 tower king room included enough casino & restaurant extras to basically make our stay free.
While we enjoy the Strip, too, the value at the El Cortez can't be beat! We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Las Vegas