Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$177
  • Restaurant
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$155
MGMGrand.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$191
US$161
Aria.com
US$257
US$239
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$157
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
US$270
US$179
Caesars Palace
  • Pool
Marriott's Grand Chateau(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$159
US$164
US$138
  • Restaurant
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$108
13,211 results
All reviewsobservation deckroxy's dinerselect roomthrill ridesworld restaurantthe deucethe main stripthe north endday passfremont streetlong walkrental cargrand canyonroom keytrip to vegascasinolas
Reviewed 7 November 2009

First of all, all rooms have not been remodeled. Be careful on the tower they put you in.
I checked in and upon arrival upgraded to a Spa Room. I requested Non-Smoking.
When I arrived I was hit with smoke as I opened the door. The toilet was not working.
I called the front desk and they said they would send some one t fix it, I said no, because it could happen a second time. They then said they would move me to another room and text me the message when it was ready. I never received a message, so at 5:30 pm. I went to the front desk.
I was assigned another room, however the bath room was not cleaned properly.
All around the toilet rim was yellow and the tub had several hairs in it.
Long story short, they did re-clean it upon my request 1 hour later.
I am Not picky and only want a clean room.
Also, this is at the end of the strip away and located in a shady area according to the locals.
Even though management was friendly, it doesn't make up for the hotel.

I was also warned about walking around this are in the early the evening hours
I would never stay there again or recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank tteavelinggal
Reviewed 6 November 2009

My partner and I stayed for five nights at the Stratosphere hotel in August. The hotel was friendly and clean and our room was spacious and well equipped. The staff were friendly and informative but didn't jump on you as soon as you walked through the door with your luggage, which was nice. I liked the fact that it was right at the end of the strip as we got the beauty of the whole strip by day and night when travelling along it. The only thing i wouldn't recommend is attempting walking the length of the strip in one go, as it is approx 6 miles each way!!! The buffet restaurant in the hotel was a bargain and served so many different dishes that even the fussiest of eaters would find something they enjoyed. I would definately stay at the Stratosphere again. A thoroughly enjoyable experience that i look forward to repeating!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We picked this hotel as it was cheap and cheerful - away from the noise and bustle of the main hotels (about 3-4 miles up the strip), but also about the same distance to downtown!

We went on 20th October for 2 weeks for my partner's birthday and it was fantastic! The staff were extremely friendly. Although is wasn't as glitz and glam as the major 'named hotels' - you're paying less than half the price and for a bargain accomodation which is very clean, topped up everyday with fresh towels, bed linen and tolietries.

Freezing pool in October - hot jacuzzi though! Great Craps dealers and hostesses - never without a glass in your hand!

All casinos in Vegas are smoking - this one is no different to the rest - if people want to moan about it, save your gambling for the airport is all I can say as that place is full of slots too for non smokers!

$20 day all day buffet in the hotel, aswell as Denny's across the road which I would highly recommend for a wholesome breakfast ummmm...
$7 deuce passes for all day bus travel - highly recommended!
$15 dollars for a taxi to end of strip - if you pay more, give less tips!

Go to Tix For Tonight for Half Price Show Tickets - never pay full and book the same day!

Must try trips:
Le Reve, Cirque De Soliel - fantastic show approx $80 each
Marriage Can Be Murder - murder mystery dinner show $35 each
Divas - transvetite impersonators $40 each
CSI Experience $30 each - great for CSI fans
Titanic Exhibit - $25 each
Gondolas - $16 each - great if you like cheezy rides where they sing to you!

Free Must See Shows:
MGM Grand - Lion Habitat - anytime
Flamingo - Flamingo wildlife habitat - anytime
Bellagio - Fountains - after 3pm every hour on the hour
Mirage - Volcano Erupts - 7.30pm and every 1hr 30 mins
Treasure Island - Sirens TI - nightly
Caesers Palace - War scene
Wynn - waterfall show - daily

Fantastic holiday not sure how much grand canyon and hoover dam trips were as we hired a car - but definately worth a visit!

Whoever goes to this hotel, remember the important thing is to enjoy yourself - your holiday is what you make it! We loved every minute and hope you will too!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CSI_LILLY
Reviewed 5 November 2009

Customer service is everything and they understand it. The new management have turned this hotel/casino around. Excellant customer service. I stayed here last year and was not that impressed but I had 2 free nights so I decided to use them. From the telephone booking, to the free upgrade to the top floor when I checked in, to the free all day buffet(without asking for it by pit boss Brian Jacobs), to help making correct bets by pit boss Chuck, to Joel and Johnnie and the others teaching me how to play Crapless craps(a lot of fun), to Security directing me to great Tacos inside the hotel, to the Cabbie teaching me how to get down the strip by taxi without spending a fortune and how to get back without spending a fortune on taxis, to the great maids(the room was spotless). The bedding was very clean and extremly comfortable. Water pressure was a little low but it was in the morning. I gained 10 punds in 4 days. Great buffet. Great all you can eat tacos(real mexican tacos in the sports bar.) After checking in I did not leave the hotel/casino for 27 hours. It is right in the middle between the strip and downtown. Easy to get to both by bus or taxi. I took taxis. $8 to get to Ceasars if you take Industry road instead of the strip. Then get a Taxi at Imperial Palace to get back for next to nothing if they take the back street. A cabbie taught me this. The Casino was brightly lite and clean. The pool was open and great. There was a free full Gym but I did not get to use it. I would add some $3 dollar tables. I went downtown for that. Sometimes you just want to play for fun and not think about the bets. The property and parking structure had security on bikes with bright yellow shirts patrolling all day and night. I felt very safe walking around and leaving my car. I would keep Starbucks open 24 hours. They open at 5 am. Because of the time change I was up at 430 am. I asked Brain Jacobs where I could get a great cup of coffee. Without me asking, he walked over to the bar area and made sure I had a fresh cup of coffee. THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE! I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
SWarnerLasVegas, Hotel Manager at Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2009

Thank you for your review on the Stratosphere We take pride in our guest service and appreciate getting the positve feedback. See you next time!

Reviewed 4 November 2009

I can't understand WHY the Stratosphere is getting such bad reviews..I didn't realize they had the rooms I'm reading about! My husband and I hit Vegas up every 6 months. This past July, we drove to Vegas from the east coast. We stopped over in Phoenix to see family, but our BIG destination was VEGAS! Everytime we come to Vegas, we always try to stay at the Stratosphere...(there's been 2 occasions we stayed elsewhere because PH was just a few bucks more per night...we do our gambling at Strat though!) We always stay in the premier tower and NEVER have any problems...we had adjoining rooms for 3 days with our teenagers and the window in their room was big enough to stand up in, not to mention the amazing view at night! I don't have a single complaint about this place. Housekeeping came by every day. Yeah, it's further down the strip..take the money you saved on the room and get rental car, take the duece or a cab...we chose to walk some days! Who wants to stay in a room when there's soooo much to see in Vegas?!?

As far as safety is concerned, our vehicle stayed parked at the property the entire time. We went out to get things all hours of the night, and never felt threathened. There was almost always security patrolling the grounds..even on bicycles. No theft or damage to our vehicle or belongings. No need to feel unsafe :o)

My teenagers loved the big shot and the observation deck. It was the very first thing they wanted to do when we checked in..they went up a second time at night before we left..what an amazing view!! The pool was nice..big towels were provided. We ate at Roxy's, Lucky's and a few breakfasts at McDonalds. We planned to eat at the Courtyard Buffett for one day, but the $20 all day deal is for players club members only. We called down before we went and they told us our kids could eat for the $20 per day as well..but that was untrue. They broke the too-good-to-be-true news to us when we went down there. My teenagers are so little, they wouldn't eat $20 worth of food in 2 days..so that wasn't too big a deal!
Some of the shops were closed the past few times I was at the Strat. The casino has been one of the better ones to us. My hubby enjoys blackjack, while I'm a slot monkey. We always have a good time and there is never a shortage of cocktails if you TIP your waitress!

All in all, the Stratosphere is middle of the road. It's not Planet Hollywood (Prostitute Hub) but it is safe, clean, comfortable and very affordable! We enjoyed our stay and have booked our next trip for March, which we will be staying again at the Stratosphere. It's gonna take more than a few bad reviews to keep me from staying here again!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family