Vdara Hotel & Spa(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$119
Vdara.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$217
US$199
Aria.com
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grand Chateau(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$159
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$69
Mirage.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

US$189
Bellagio.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$124
US$134
US$119
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
US$180
US$104
Caesars Palace
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$59
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$49
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

All reviewssecurity guardjunior suitethe main hotelfremont streetseparate buildingcontainer parkdowntown vegasfirst floorstaying downtownbed was comfortablein room coffee makersmall roomcasino hotelbottled waterenjoyed my stayresort feelobby
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I stayed here by myself on Saturday to Monday for a weekend trip from CA. It was very quiet, except for the AC in my room which was kind of noisy and kept me up. But besides that the front desk staff was friendly, and the room was clean and simple for what I needed for the weekend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank stephg329
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Room well kept and very comfortable.
Near all amenities and always amused.
great shopping and Freemont Experience on my Hotel step.

Friendly, professional staff. Singles Restaurant tasty and good value for money.
Beauty Salon a treat. Casino 24/7. El Cortez one of the oldest Casino's in Las Vegas may not be the Hilton but certinly treated like Royalty. Very nice short but seet stay.

Room witha view. Kept clean and tidy with 24/7 Wi Fi and full informative TV Channels to make your stay enjoyable with day / night time entertainment guide.

Room Tip: Quiet Suite Area with overview of Freemont.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Vilet F
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I like staying downtown..If I want to go to the strip i can get there in a rental car. i really like the new addition to the old El Cortez. Will be heading back there soon. Rates are not bad. If i stayed on the strip some of the properties there need to be updated plus their rates are a little higher.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank michaellovetere
Reviewed 28 April 2017

My definition of a suite is, I guess, different than the El Cortez's definition. To Merriam-Webster a suite is "a group of rooms". To Dictionary . com a suite is "a connected series of rooms". To the Oxford Dictionaries a suite is "a set of rooms".

So imagine my surprise when my "junior suite" at the El Cortez Cabana Suites consisted of one rather small room and a bath.

And speaking of definitions, Dictionary . com defines a cabana as "a small cabin or tentlike structure for use as a bathhouse, especially on a beach or by a swimming pool." So I guess I kind of expected some kind of beachy atmosphere, or a pool at the very least. No pool. No beachy atmosphere.

As one who has never stayed in downtown Las Vegas before, maybe my expectations were way too high, but I was pretty disappointed. When I arrived, the registration desk had no record of my reservation. Eventually it was "found" (apparently because I made my reservation via Expedia, the information never reached the hotel, or never got input in their system or something). But when they did finally locate it, the clerk had to manually input every single piece of information as I stood there, by literally typing it in, line by line...my name, my address, my phone number, my email, the reservation details...etc etc Then he used an old fashioned adding machine to figure out my charges. It took nearly half an hour just to get checked in, extremely inconvenient as I had family waiting for me. I think this is pretty unacceptable in 2017.

The Cabana "suites" are located in a separate building, across the street from the casino and main hotel. Positives about this separate building are (1) 24-hour security guard at the entrance; (2) no slot machines in the building; (3) relatively quiet; (4) lobby area is nice and people at the desk are friendly; (5) small but functional workout area.

As for the room itself, I found the decor really awful (I realize that's a personal thing). The bed was somewhat hard and felt thin. The reading lights on either side of the bed are so high up that you have to physically get out of bed and fumble around near the bulb to turn them off. Cleanliness was only okay (grime in corners, some dust). Quite frankly, I wouldn't walk on the carpet in bare feet, nor the shower. (Those flip flops I packed for my "cabana" experience came in handy for this.) When I wanted to take a shower I had to go down to the front desk and ask for toiletries (I was told they "should" be in the room but there were none). My room key card stopped working on day 2.

I keep seeing prices for the El Cortez in the $30-40 range. I paid twice that (actually more than twice that if you factor in the additional "resort fee" of $15 daily) of and frankly it was just too expensive for what I got. I won't go back to the El Cortez until they update their registration technology and improve their housekeeping.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank VisitorTraveller
Reviewed 26 March 2017

I took a chance and stayed in downtown Vegas for the 1st time. Normally, I prefer staying on the strip because everything is within walking distance but wanted a different experience and seems that downtown has an abundance of highly rated eats and cocktail bars when I searched online. A friend recommended El Cortez Cabana Suites and I'm glad that I took the advice.

1) Walking distance to all downtown attractions and free parking.
2) Main El Cortez casino hotel was just across the street.
3) Cabana Suite building was still fairly new and modern.
4) My Junior Suite room #6405 was clean and spacious.
5) Good wifi reception considering the room was on the 4th floor.
6) Room has coffee maker, fridge, lcd, desk, stylish chair, king bed w/ bed bench.
7) Open hanging closet only with iron, board plus a safe.
8) Bathroom was modern but no tub. It has toiletries & blow dryer.
9) Both check in and check out were a breeze.
10) Reasonable too. $90 avg weekend night plus only $12 resort fee.
11) 24 hour front desk and security were also friendly.

The only thing missing from the suite was the view. The room only has one window but wasn't on planning to stay indoors anyway. I enjoyed my stay here and will consider again when in Vegas.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends