Unfortunately, my recent stay at the Renaissance Las Vegas was disappointing. As a loyal Marriott guest, my room was the dingiest I've ever received at any Marriott. I expected more from the Renaissance Marriott brand.
1. The ironing board was completely covered in stains. It was so gross, that I ironed on top of a towel so my clothing wouldn't get dirty.
2. The bathroom vent was covered with a thick layer of dust and grime. Since I suffer from mold/dust allergies, I found the build up particularly worrisome.
3. The wallpaper next to the bathtub had a large dirty handprint smeared down it.
4. The grout in the shower was brown from stains.
This are the items last left a disturbing and lasting impression on me. A detailed cleaning would have remedied all of these uses. I didn't ask for another room because my co-workers had similar issues in their rooms.
At first I was annoyed by the destination fee, but overall, the hotel did a fine job on adding value for the cost. I enjoyed the free morning coffee, the evening cocktails and the upgraded wifi. Also, the late night dinner we had at the bar exceeded my expectations.
Overall, the hotel is dirty and needs a thorough cleaning. I will have regular work visits to Vegas over the next year, but I (and my team) won't return to the Renaissance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel celebrates everything that is distinctive and unique in Las Vegas. For the independent traveler who values originality, Renaissance is the only hotel brand that inspires and provokes its guests to discover something wonderfully new and different—each and every time they stay—so that no business trip ever feels routine. Located just one block east of The Strip, mere steps away from the Las Vegas Convention Center and Las Vegas Monorail; we offer direct access to all of the action and a peaceful night’s sleep to follow. As coveted location for the convention delegate, we make your trip home after a long day easier on your tired feet. Designed to champion effective meetings and events, the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel provides highly perceptive services and precise execution to ensure the success of everyone involved. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Renaissance