“The best place in Vegas:)”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #70 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I loved everything, specially Marjorie from front desk and the guys from restaurant and bar. It was a impressive customer service for all of us.
Something that is great the hotel is not at the last Vegas boulevard. But it's very close. At list you are out of noises and crazy stuff. Lol
Thank you everyone. :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I enjoyed my experience at the Renaissance Hotel in Las Vegas. This chain is operated under the Marriott Hotels umbrella. As usual the service was incredible. I had a great experience with the staff. I even spilled an almost full cup of Sprite over the desk and the Desk Clerk was so patient with me. I was so embarrassed. I was picked as the guest of the day and as such they were to send a bottle of wine to my room. ( super nice huh!) However, it was late and the bottle never made it to my room that night. The valet was so nice and helped me all the way to my room with my bags. He helped me look for bed bugs and everything! No bed bugs found. :). I understood that they had granted me access to the Concierge Lounge but later found out, I think everyone gets that but I am not certain.

I was disappointed with my first room as it was quite run down. The carpet had a large white spot right in front of the tv and the carpet was very worn and fraying. You could see where they had exchanged the light fixtures out from the dirt on the wall paper. The bathroom was clean and had very nice amenities. (Aveda) The towels were reasonable but not plush. The shower had nice water pressure, which is hard to find now days. The tile in the bathroom was clean and looked newer. I didn't care for the decor as it was pictures of old Vegas neon signs and a cheesy wall decoration of dice that had been broken and glued back together. The bed was a nice surprise and was incredible comfortable, (Simmons Recharge Commercial)

I went to the check in desk in the morning to let them know about the condition of the carpet. I was immediately moved to a new room on the 15th floor and I was given a complimentary breakfast at the Edge Steakhouse restaurant on site. They immediately sent my bags up to my new room.

I talk to everyone as I am a chatty person so I had to told the Valet and the Desk Clerk about my interview that day. When I came back from my interview I told them of the outcome and it was hugs all around for me. I was given a voucher for free food and drinks for getting the position and the missing bottle of wine arrived with a chocolate covered strawberry for my successful interview. So very thoughtful of the desk clerk.

The second room was an upgrade but unfortunately the carpet in this room was filthy and worn. The bed was the same as the other room and I was told they were new mattresses. I was given a disabled room so it was situated differently and the water pressure was weak at best. The amenities were the same in the upgraded room. The view was INCREDIBLE however. I looked right over the Wynn Golf course. I was worried this room would be loud because of its proximity to the Concierge Lounge and it was during the day but evening was quiet.

As most Marriott properties I have visited, there was always ice water available in the lobby. I appreciate it as Vegas it HOT. Also, they give you bottles of water upon request from the desk.

Again I can't say enough about the service of the staff. I spoke the Director about this as well. I think they need to invest some money in new carpet and wall paper to get up to the standard of other Renaissance hotels I have stayed in. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: High floor to get away from sound of street traffic
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately, my recent stay at the Renaissance Las Vegas was disappointing. As a loyal Marriott guest, my room was the dingiest I've ever received at any Marriott. I expected more from the Renaissance Marriott brand.

1. The ironing board was completely covered in stains. It was so gross, that I ironed on top of a towel so my clothing wouldn't get dirty.

2. The bathroom vent was covered with a thick layer of dust and grime. Since I suffer from mold/dust allergies, I found the build up particularly worrisome.

3. The wallpaper next to the bathtub had a large dirty handprint smeared down it.

4. The grout in the shower was brown from stains.

This are the items last left a disturbing and lasting impression on me. A detailed cleaning would have remedied all of these uses. I didn't ask for another room because my co-workers had similar issues in their rooms.

At first I was annoyed by the destination fee, but overall, the hotel did a fine job on adding value for the cost. I enjoyed the free morning coffee, the evening cocktails and the upgraded wifi. Also, the late night dinner we had at the bar exceeded my expectations.

Overall, the hotel is dirty and needs a thorough cleaning. I will have regular work visits to Vegas over the next year, but I (and my team) won't return to the Renaissance.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Phillip W, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hello Beth,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review regarding the issues you encountered while staying with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and upgraded wi-fi! I was, however, disappointed to learn that your experience with our hotel accommodations and cleanliness let you and your team down during your visit.

The problems you encountered at our property violate two of our core business values here at the Renaissance are “delivering a high level quality product” and “Preventing a problem prior to its start” and it appears as though this was certainly not the case with your stay. I want to assure you that I have personally spoken to our housekeeping management team as well as our director of housekeeping to ensure the appropriate corrective action is taken with the relative associates who serviced your room, in addition to using your feedback as a training tool in housekeeping.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. I assure you the issues you encountered is an isolated incidents and not indicative of the level of service we provide at The Renaissance Las Vegas. I look forward to your return and the opportunity of serving you an improved experience.

Phillip Wilson l Director of Operations

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Great service. Clean room. Delicious food desserts and beverages. What more can a customer want :-) thank you Brandon and Omid for going above and beyond to make your customers have an awesome stay. The view was so amazing, especially during the night!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my business partner has an awesome stay at this hotel. There was an issue with rooms but Brandon went above and beyond to accommodate us. Very clean, comfortable, & gorgeous view. Would definitely stay again. Very customer service oriented and we are very satisfied customers. Thankyou Brandon and entire team :-)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business