“Disappointing, but not a Disaster”

Adventure Photo Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$132.79*
and up
Valley of Fire and Lost City Museum Tour from Las Vegas
Ranked #31 of 230 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: More Fun! More Stops! More Photo Ops! Adventure Photo Tours is the only sightseeing company in Las Vegas to have received "Four Governors Tourism Awards!" Try our new "Hollywood Tour, Tour to the Bottom of the Grand Canyon via SUV & our new California Wine Tasting Tour." VIP Tours to Grand Canyon "by ground and Helicopter," Bryce Canyon, Zion, Death Valley, Hoover Dam, Indian Ruins, River Rafting, Valley of Fire and Area 51. Experience the Romance of the Southwest! The Grand Canyon South Rim Tour is conducted in Korean, Japanese & Chinese in MP3.
WINDSOR
“Disappointing, but not a Disaster”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Well, I want ot be fair here. I had originally booked through Expedia for a Dec 24th Hollywood Tour. When calling ahead to "Adventure" from home to confirm as instructed on the voucher, I was informed the trip was not available that day. Numerous calls back and forth with Expedia, Adventure PhotoTours, and myself, ( I am on the phone/on hold for 2 hours) we are booked for the 26th.
Driver Dave is there exactly on time. As picking others up his comment when asking people to sign waiver was " Well it means if I do something stupid and get you guys killed, the company isn't responsible."
On the way to California we were shown two videos. A history of Warner Brother's studios, which was interesting, but would have been more relevent had we been visiting the studios. The other was a documentary about Grauman's Chinese Theatre, which was relevent because we did visit there.
Santa Monica Pier was as promised. No complaints.
The drive through Beverly Hills and the Star's Homes was disappointing. Our driver had the list written on a paper towel, and even then, was not at all sure what we were seeing.
The stop at Hollywood Blvd was fine. No problems.
Unfortunately for all involved the ride back to Las Vegas took eight hours!! Traffic!!!!! I know this was out of the driver's control.

My only complaint is really the guide/driver was not proficient or particularly interested in the "Hollywood " trip. Nice guy, perhaps better suited to the desert/wildlife experience.

Upon arriving back to the Las Vegas area, we pulled into another Hotel/Casino so they could switch drivers, because it was over their limit behind the wheel. So we met "Bob" . Very informative, and to be honest, not an easy job for him, to take over and deliver 13 tired patrons to their hotels.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“Great Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Myself and my friend went on the hollywood tour on 21st dec 2011. Our tour guide was James. Had an amazing day. Was exactly as decribed on expedia. We were picked up at our hotel entrance on time at 5.30 am by James...there were 4 other people in the van.The van was spacious with nice leather seats, and our breakfast was waiting on our seats for us, which was nice as our hotel didnt offer any food at such an early time. We were given drinks throughout the journey and also a lunch at santa monica. The journey was 5 hours long from Vegas to LA which I wasn't looking forward to, but time passed pretty quick. James was full of facts for us as we were driving, and we got to watch some films about vegas and hollywood. First stop was santa monica pier. We had about am our and a half free time to go off and do whatever we liked. Was plenty of time to get some souvenirs, go on the rollarcoaster, and hav a dip in the sea. We then went to look at hollywood homes, and finally a stop at the Beverly hills sign and 2 hours see the stars on the street and hollywood sign.
Overall a really good day, was back by half 8 so still had time to go out for some food and drinks in the night.
Would definitely use this company on my next trip to vegas.

2 Thank Tinkerbel1440
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely brilliant! Area 51 and Hollywood tours.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

My husband and I took 2 tours with Adventure Photo Tours: (it was a while ago now so forgive me if i forget a few things).

The first was the Area 51 tour. There was 7 people on our tour, 5 of which were our family. The staff were lovely from the first contact via phone from the UK to enquire about going on a different day (we went on a Friday instead of the Wednesday). We also recieved a call to our hotel room the evening before the tour began to make sure everything was ok.

We were picked up early from our hotel, our guide Kevin introduced himself and we settled into the comfy vehicle which had plenty of room even for larger people. Lunch and water are included (although the Little A'Le'Inn had power failure the day we went,but Kevin was brilliant and we actually went to a restaurant for dinner on the way home via visiting the natural hot springs (in Alamo I believe.)

It is an all day tour where you get to explore the Mojavi Desert.. we spent time looking at the gorgeous indian paintbrush flowers, Joshua Trees, Yucca plants and amazing wildlife (red tail hawks and Coyotes).

We also visited Alien rock, Dry Lake beds, the perimiter/gate to Area 51 and The extraterrestrial highway to the Little Ale'Inn in Rachel plus much more...

The day was full of fun,laughs and information about everything and anything. Kevin was a real joy to have as a guide,he did SO much to ensure we were safe and having fun... from taking pictures to answering questions and sharing stories.

I would absolutely reccomend this tour as it is as much about the desert/views/widlife etc as it is about Area 51 and 'aliens' just remember to dress comfy/for the weather and take a few dollars for souviners and above all a camera!!

Our second tour we decided on was the LA/Hollywood tour. On this tour was me and my husband and 2 other couples. Again the vehicle was comfy,clean and tidy. Lunch and water is provided and also plenty of rest stops (As this trip is a VERY long day) You could also buy your own food and drinks when you stopped.

Our guide introduced himself as Jim and we started on our journey. It was a long journey but there were plenty of rest stops and he played films for us on the way there and back.

We spent about 90 mins at Santa Monica Pier looking in the shops,walking the pier and beach and at the fair. It wasnt such a nice day but it was beautiful all the same,we decided to paddle in the water which was absolutely freeeeezing hehe.

We got to see the LA skyline and Rodeo drive,even a Bugatti parked up, we stopped for a super quick dash to have a picture with the beverly hills sign. As a group we chose not to drive around looking at stars homes but instead to have a bit more time at the Chinese Theatre/Kodak Theatre and the Hollywood stars area.

We got to see and have our picture with the Hollywood sign in the background (we would have loved to get a bit nearer tho). There was just enough time to do some shopping and look at the handprints/stars on the floor before we had to head back.

It was a really good day and our guide was great! I would reccomend this tour to people. Just understand it IS a long day before you book.

I would like to thank Kevin, Jim, the lovely man on the phone when i rang from the UK and all the staff at Adventure Photo tours for making our time in (and out) of Las Vegas amazing! we will definatly be booking some more tours with you when we return in the future.

Thankyou again! (Abi,Jez,Clare,Darren and Alex) x

3 Thank erbyfish
New York, New York, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The tour was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

We joined the combination tour of Bryce Canyon and Zion National tour and had a great experience. It was middle of December and some areas were covered with snow. It was so beautiful. The driver guide James was one of the best guides ever for not only his professionalism with local knowledge but also frendly and thoughful attitudes toward to us. We had other joiners from other areas in USA and outside the country. His guiding made us very comfortable and brought us a lot of fun. I totally recommend everyone joining a tour with Adventure Photo Tours to see the different world from Las Vegas. I am am looking forward to having another tour again.

3 Thank Rieko770
Collingdale, Pennsylvania
“HOLLYWOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

We had a great time!! Your Guide Mark was a great guide. Mark was very pleasent he showed us all the important land marks, and was very helpful. We had enough time at all the stops, and the lunch and breakfast were better than we thought then would be. I would give Mark A nice bonus and a raise.
Thank you for a great day in Hollywood
Don W