“Great Hotel but too far from the Strip”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 February 2009

When I booked the hotel, I had completed all the research into the plus and minus on the internet. One of the things that appealed to me was the distance from the casino floor. Not being a gambler I was not too concerned about being close however my partner is.
I felt that I couldn’t leave her alone on the floor which I usually do, to "pop" back to the room to watch the television or for a rest. Due to the distance to the room.
After visiting Vegas for the last 3 years, I think I should realise that the buzz is being part of the action so I won’t be staying at the Signature due to this reason and not as a slur against the hotel.
If you want a hotel which is 15 - 20 minutes’ walk away from the strip this is the place to stay (if you are staying in tower 3). If you want to be part of it, I would avoid the Signature.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 February 2009

This is my second review for this hotel. I have stayed here a 2nd time. The first time I had booked for a studio but was upgraded to a 1 bedroom. You can read that review, was written in November. This time I booked via Luxury Suites International. Word of advise, always use them. Its is much cheaper. For my 3.5 day stay i saved more than $250 for the same product and service. I was again in tower 2. The experience was about the same. The only small difference is that as Luxury Suites maintains their own suites, in case u have any questions on housekeeping etc you have to call them. But they do provide daily cleaning service. Everything else was same as last time.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank VCG
Reviewed 23 February 2009

This was a trip with three grandparents, two teenaged daughters and ourselves, a middle aged couple. We originally booked the Bellagio for its central location but ended up changing to the Signature suites at MGM because one daughter wanted to be closer to the Lion Habitat and we thought the quieter location would be preferred by grandparents who wanted afternoon naps.

Ours was a group which was not concerned about lots of action going on in our hotel. We had three rooms on the 18th floor in tower 3. We were conveniently in three adjacent rooms and found them very quiet, clean and comfortable. I appreciated the non-smoking building and not having a casino at the bottom of the elevators.

This accommodation can involve a lot of walking. In our case, two of the octogenarians have some mobility issues, but the moving walkways were a help and we just allowed plenty of time to get anywhere in the resort complex. If getting somewhere quickly is important, this may not be an ideal spot for some people. Another plus for us with the Signature suites was the kitchenette which we used for breakfasts. With different waking times and morning routines, being able to make coffee, and store juice and fruit in the fridge was very convenient. One of us without mobility issues would get pastries from the Delights café or Starbucks and bring them back to the rooms so we could all manage to eventually get ourselves going in the morning.

Our room was a one bedroom suite with our daughters using the pullout sofa bed. The website does not make it clear that there is a sofa bed but we confirmed that when we called the reservation telephone number. It is also worth noting that there was no additional charge for having four people in our suite. The rates were very good: $129 for the junior suites and $204 for the one bedroom suite plus the daily resort charge of $20 (which it seems could just be added to the room rate instead of the extra charge).

Our daughters appreciated the internet access in the rooms which is part of the justification for the additional charge. We also received bottles of water each day which were handy for our walking jaunts and daytrip out of town. Although we meant to, we did not use the fitness center and it was too cold to enjoy the pool.

Two of the three rooms had balconies which provided a view of the Strip and some fresh air.

The grandparents particularly enjoyed the spacious bathrooms and the Jacuzzi to massage their tired legs after a day’s adventure.

Service was very good and friendly. The rooms were kept clean, including the kitchens, the sofa bed was remade each day and extra towels were brought each day.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank artslover
Reviewed 23 February 2009

We have stay at other hotels on the strip and none of them compare to the MGM Signature. This is one of the few hotels that truely have one bedroom suites that have a separate bedroom and a pullout sofa bed with two full bathrooms. All rooms have balconies. Extremely clean and plush.Affordable food prices within the hotel. The public parking is quite a walk otherwise you must valet. The hotel is one block from the strip which can be a nice reprieve from the smoke and congestion. The room rates are comparable with any other five star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank Bostongroup
Reviewed 22 February 2009

We stayed at the Signature at MGM Grand between 4th Feb and 9th Feb and can easily say I would totally recommend staying here. Rather than booking direct we booked through Blue chip vegas (Peter was very helpful) which worked out significantly cheaper. We booked a 1 bed suite which was on the 34th floor and the room itself was absolutely lovely.

You have a really well kitted out kitched with everything you would need and a comfortable living area. The bedroom was really spacious and our had duel aspect with some lovely views. I especially loved the TV that came up from in the desk - very cool. The bathroom(s) were lovely with Molton Brown accessories but the highlight was the Spa Bath. That got plenty of use especially after all the walking we did in LV.

The hotel staff were great. Really friendly at reception and the valet parking and attendants were really polite. We had no probelms checking in or out.

Some reviews on here say it is too far from the strip but we found the location perfect. You get to the signature by walking to the back of the MGM Grand through the shopping area (which also has some fast food outlets) and you are then helped out with moving walkways. It was 10 minutes to get to the strip so was not a problem at all and in fact being set back slightly meant it felt much more peaceful and relaxing that one of the casino hotels and its associated madness.

If I go back to Vegas I think I would definately stay here again. If you are primarily going to gamble this place may not suit you but for couples who want to do more in Vegas this place is perfect.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple