“MGM & Signiture Not the Same but great stay either way”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #12 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 November 2017

So this was my 1st stay at the Signiture, stayed at the MGM Resort, let me say when I made my reservation I actually wasn't aware it was at the Signiture, at check in at the MGM they had no record of my reservation, the staff at the desk pointed out I was in another part of the hotel but that was on my copy of the reservation and it seems the two hotels do not talk to one another, oh well fine so off I went, keep in mind this has it's own entrance and is it's own hotel, so away I went and it was easy to find going thru the casino following the signs above and here you have everything you need which was pretty cool seeing this part of the hotel, checkin was simple, the room and view was amazing, huge bathroom, stove, microwave & the room spacious, i'll be back

Room Tip: top floor with a view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank wallyreidjr
Write a ReviewReviews (12,940)

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We usually stay off the strip when we come to Vegas...and this is something of an off/on hybrid. We drove in and the security getting on property was more than we were used to. Not sure if that’s a new measure or not. Security directed us to the appropriate tower for check in. Bell service and valet were on point but not rushing us. Check in at 2:30 on Friday was a breeze. Sabrina at the front seat was great. We are both impressed with the room. It is well appointed, clean, and spacious. We have a balcony and are enjoying the fresh breeze coming through. Will update with final thoughts and details after our stay is completed!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2017

I would like to start by saying the hotel is very nice and will probably stay here in the future. I had an awful experience trying to get a price match on the Best Rate Guarantee offered through the hotel website. I called to confirm that the rate that I found after I booked was legit and can be used to get the BRG. I didn't want to waste my time if it did not meet the criteria. After I submitted the request it was rejected and was given a very vaugue response as of why. When I inquired I was ignored. I sent two separate emails asking why and never received a response back. This is a scam in my book. I have never tried to use this service before and feel its just there as a way to get you to book direct. I ended up canceling that reservation and went with another hotel due to the frustration.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Gabriel l
SignatureManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear Guest,

I'm sorry that the Best Rate Guarantee function did not perform its purpose. This being the first complaint I've personally dealt with regarding this process, I will be speaking with corporate to seek out answers. This is the same process for the entire company and since it is a centralized email inbox I think they'll have more information for me. On behalf of The Signature, I'd like to sincerely apologize for this frustration. We do hope you choose to stay with us once more!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I always take my wife away for our wedding anniversary and contacted the hotel prior to our arrival to inform them of this,and that we we were renewing our vows.I never expect anything back but it's nice if we get an acknowledgement from the staff when booking in,but no nothing whatsoever from this hotel ! No sorry they did offer me a penthouse suite for an additional 20 dollars a night .This is the first hotel for all our 13 years of travel that has not acknowledged this.The deluxe room ( floor 23,room716) was a good size but the furniture was dated ,shabby,the couch frayed,the table and chairs marked and chipped.The hotels location is good .The bathroom was great as was the bed. Unfortunately the room was not cleaned on one occasion during our 7 nights.We were out all day and had requested it cleaned,but it wasn't.I phoned the reception for some new towels and they offered to clean the room but it just wasn't convenient at such a late hour.The new towels failed to arrive and I had to recontact reception and I then got some.
So all in all not the best experience here and I wouldn't stay here again and would advise anyone considering the MGM signature to think again.
The hotels and customer service in Las Vegas are of the highest quality,this hotel is lacking on both counts.

Room Tip: My room was 23rd floor nos 716,no view of the strip,no balcony.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fennerjames
SignatureManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear that nobody had acknowledged your special occasion! We pride ourselves on our service and attention to detail, especially with anniversaries. I sincerely apologize, and I hope that you had a joyous vow renewal. As far as your room is concerned, I've passed your comments along to our housekeeping and engineering management teams so we can resolve these issues for any future guests. I've now sent you a private message to further discuss your experience.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I stayed from 06.11-09.11 in Tower 2, level 6 room 702. Everything was nice and great till I came back and had a 500 USD Charge on my account. Called the hotel and they say its a penalty fee for smoking in the room. I had a balcony and was only one cigarette in the morning smoking there. No signs that its not allowed. I even left my ashtray there. They tell me on the whole complex smoking is not allowed but at front of the hotel you could and in the Casino as well. I would have understand if you have a policy that smoking on the balcony is not allowed but to hide that from your customers in order to be able to charge later a ridiculousness fees??????? If I would have known I would have never had this cigarette. I am deeply disappointed. Everyday I had cleaning ladys being in my room and balcony, at anytime somebody could have made me aware of. This is a very bad business behaviour to get more money out of customers. I would have never smoked if I would have known. I will never come back to this hotel and I will for sure advice other people to do the same. It is sad that most of a nice experience was turnaround to such a bad one. It feels very dotschy how this hotel makes money.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JANETTLE

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that there was not a sign in your room indicating that smoking is not permitted. We are an entirely non-smoking property, which includes our public areas and balconies. However, the casino is located at the MGM Grand, not at The Signature. I do understand your frustration in not having any signs in plain sight to indicate the non-smoking policy, and we will be looking into ways to improve that communication to our guests in the future. The reason for the smoking penalty is to be able to properly filter and clean the room for the next guest. Thank you so much for your feedback and you can always call us for any further assistance.