“The Signature was okay. Jet Luxury Resorts Management wasn't.”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #12 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 June 2010

The Signature had really nice front desk and valet staff. I stayed in a two bedroom suite composed of a one bedroom suite and a junior suite side by side. There is a double door entrance opening into two separate lockable doors -- one leading into the one bedroom suite and one leading into the junior suite. There was a door stop available in the one bedroom suite, but not one in the junior suite. There were two master bathrooms and a guest bathroom with a shower booth. The first thing I noticed were small, but visible, stains on the carpet, walls, door frames, and moldings. There were scratches on the furniture and the fixtures. Two of the dining chairs had their upholstery ripped open a little bit. A plastic handle on one of the black out curtain was missing. The soap dish and a tray of toiletries on one of the two sinks in the one bedroom suite was missing. The countertops were quite dusty and dirty. I opened a drawer in the kitchen and found dirty cutlery. The beds were comfortable, though. Across the hallway, there was a dog barking and constant door slamming. The jetted tub in the junior suite grossed me out when I turned it on. Black flecks of unidentified stuff came out and floated around. Overnight and into the early morning, only one front desk and valet is open for all three towers.

I booked with Jet Luxury Resorts. They were responsible for managing the room I booked. First they made a mistake of not saving me credit information at the time of reservation. So they emailed me the day before arrival (talk about last minute) to get that information from me again. Second, they didn't pre-arrange to have me use the washer and dryer even though I specifically asked and was specifically told that I had access to them. When I found the washer and dryer locked, I complained. Then they put the blame on me by disrespecting and taunting me for not bringing a spare change of clothes. I had very personal reasons and special circumstances to decide to travel light with limited luggage. So they shouldn't have been such a jerk about it. Their solution was to change the lock and give me a mere $50 inconvenience credit. Since the lock wasn't getting changed in a timely manner and I had to leave really early next morning, I told them to forget it and give me a better refund. They reluctantly gave me a $100 refund and just had to say that they will still get charged by The Signature even if the order to change the lock is cancelled. Even after taunting me and giving me attitude, they didn't apologize to me.

• Stayed: June 2010
3  Thank ptsi6
Write a ReviewReviews (12,874)

Reviewed 21 June 2010

This is an expansion on the mid-trip review I posted earlier
Check -in at the airport:
The clerk was very nice and helpful, I asked for a room high up with a balcony - she gave us the top floor in tower 2. We just have a mini-suite, but when I punch the elevator button for the UPH - i do get comments from guests on the elevator about my accommodations. ..kind of fun playing the high-roller. She also made sure to note that my daughter, grand-daughter and son-in-law were coming later in the week and that we wanted them close. They ended up in the next room - so kudos to her. We had booked the room with a $30 per night discount based on us enrolling in the Prima program. She did not know we wanted Prima until I asked her about it. She was also unsure how to apply the charge to my room; in fact she ended up charging my CC upfront for the entire weeks, plus the $500 for the Prima card. As my CC billing cycle had just started, I did not make a fuss, but that could have been bad news if I was counting on the room charges going on the card a week later (at check-out). I did tip her $20 for the effort in getting us a good room. She also arranged shuttle transfer ($8 one way per person)– we were in a van with 20 other people, but the Sig is the second stop so not to bad.
Prima – I’ll give my observations on this program now:
I got a black Prima card with both my wife and my name on it. They can make it into a room key also. You get 2-1 drinks at certain bars, including the Lobby bar at Tower 1 at the Sig. The wait staff all know about it, and you just have to show it when you sit down. We also used it at Knob Hill for 2-1 entrees; no problems at all. We also signed for our dinner at the Mirage buffet when we went for a show and of course all our MGM charges go towards the $500. There is no downside to this program if you can spend $500, and in Vegas that is not hard to do at all. By the way, my son-in-law had also booked his room based on Prima rates, but they did not make him sign-up for the program.
One of the best perks is you get to go to the head of the cab line at the MGM – just show your card to the cab guy. Better yet, get your cab at any lobby at the Sig – it only takes a couple of minutes for them to get one for you.
Signature – MGM:
At first my wife hated how far we were from the main strip and the MGM (she has a bad knee, so it was a legitimate concern); in fact I thought I was in for a long week. The next morning she got up early, went down to the Starbucks in Tower 2, we had breakfast outside the café in Tower 2, sat at the Tower 2 pool for most of the day and she says – “you know, I really love this place – everything I need is right here”. It is a hike to the casino, but the Main MGM pool is actually closer to the Sig rooms than to the MGM rooms. Also – if you want to get directly to the strip, it is a short walk down a side street – do not go through the hotel, especially if you wish to venture north on the strip towards PH or the Bellagio. I learned that the hard way by turning a 20 minute walk to the Mirage into a 45 minute walk in the heat. We are looking out directly at Center City from our balcony, so you can get an idea of how far north the Sig sits.
The room has a nice sized fridge, a stove, a big built-in microwave, and a sink with a disposal. There is also a two-cup coffee maker. There are two place-settings of dishes and glassware, silverware and a frying pan, pot, cutting board, etc. We had Vons make a liquor and grocery delivery (thanks to the people who posted that here!). First delivery is free – they deliver in two-hour windows to the security building, and then the bell staff bring it up. The Vons guy even called me to tell me he had delivered it (I requested this service in my notes on the order.) I amended my order several times on line, and they got everything right! The prices including liquor were very agreeable. We made breakfast this morning, and it turned out great, although without a stove I had to cook the biscuits in a frying pan – actually I got great compliments on them!
MGM Pool:
I think the main pool opens at 8:00. They have a great lazy river, but it does not open until 10:00 officially, although by 9:45 each day people are going in and grabbing choice seats. Pretty good drink service by Lisa at the Lazy River too. You can buy a big mug with a drink for $22, and then get refills at $11-15 depending on the drink. They last a long time, even for me.
Sig/MGM staff :
outstanding service from everyone – pool staff, bar staff, bellmen, etc. They just seem too genuinely want to serve and help.
Misc:
Bought a discount coupon for Hugos Cellar at Tix4tonite - $3 per person and we saved 25% off the entire bill. So we spent $15 and got about a $70 discount off the food and beverage bill. We love Hugos, and go every year.
Went to see Love at the Mirage, and we all enjoyed it a lot. Thanks to the posters here I bought tickets higher up, and it was great. I called the Mirage and ordered our tickets and they matched the 25% discount I had read about.
Elvis – the rest of the family bought tickets to see Elvis at Aria, but I did not want to see tow Cirque shows in a row. They bought tickets at Tix4tonite and saved about $30 per ticket I believe.
I took advantage of the alone time to play the 7:00pm tournament at Aria; antastic poker room with great chairs. I managed to outlast 63 players and we chopped when we got the the final table. I got $850 – so that helped my bankroll for the week. I tipped $50 to the dealers and staff – very well run tournament. If you are looking for a great value in a tournament – you get 8000 chips and the blinds are 30 minutes. They only take out $20 of the $120 – best payback I have seen in Vegas.
The only hick-up in the entire trip was the ride to the airport. The Prima card got us a free limo, but they got confused and tried to pick us up at the MGM…I was afraid we were going to miss our flight, but no worries as the airport Friday afternoon was pretty slow at the USAir end.

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them as best I can – I really appreciate all the good advice I got on this thread. We loved the Sig-MGM and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank alexspepaw
Reviewed 21 June 2010

We have stayed at the Signature five times and have yet to be disappointed. The only problems we have had were fixed or made right promptly and fairly. We have never had a problem with the staff. Here's what they have done for us over the last 5 visits:
- Bell Desk. Let us store luggage after check out and access it in storage so my wife could change after going to the pool. Called other Signature towers to get us a newspaper.
- Front Desk. Allowed early check in (our plane arrived at 9am) and late check out at no charge.
- Housekeeping. Brought up robe within 30 minutes when called to front desk., Gave extra shampoo/lotions when requested.
- Security. One of the nicest guys on our visit. We met him in the hallway on our floor. We don't go to Vegas to meet and talk with people, but he was someone we enjoyed.
- Management. Easy to talk to and listened well (just don't be rude) to a complaint we had. She offered to move us and gave us a resort credit. I wouldn't expect this to be a policy for the hotel, but her offer guaranteed we would come back to the Signature again.

If you are looking for a quiet stay, this is it. Casino and pool are a short distance away.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunprettyplease
Reviewed 21 June 2010

My hubby & I stayed here for 2 nights & had a great time...yes, the Signature Towers are a little walk away from the main drag, but not as far as some other reviewers are exagerating it to be! We were staying in the third tower, which was the furthest away & were on level 24 (just a few from the top) & it only took us 10mins by the walkway to get to the MGM Grand & the main strip & honestly, after all the fast food we had been eating over the duration of our stay in the US, we welcomed the walk!

The room was plush & spacious, the bed was massive & the jet bath was just what we needed after a day walking around!

We had absolutely no problems with the cleanliness of our rooms, housekeeping cleaned it for us adequately every day.

We would def stay here if we came back & reccommend to friends!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Overall the hotel was really nice, we were able to get the jr. suite with a balcony. The view we were given wasn't the greatest but I guess someone has to stay on each floor. The hotel itself was pretty quiet, only other people from time to time. Easy walk from tower to tower to tower to MGM Grand. If you like the quiet non-smoking, non-gaming scene, this is a great place to stay. Bathroom was large with jet tub and shower, separate area for the throne.

4 stars because I felt a little bit age discriminated. They also treated me as if I 'should know' and it was my first time there I had no idea where to go or what to do. I would have to say I felt like some of the workers there were snotty. The bellhop and check-out desk were nice though. Valet, check-in, entrance... Not so friendly. This isn't something I'd get at a real 5 star hotel so I was definitely disappointed and turned a two night stay into only one night.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends