“Best Japanese BBQ this side of Tokyo!”

Gyu-Kaku Japanese Bbq
Reserve with OpenTable
Gyu-Kaku Japanese Bbq is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #818 of 5,012 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 August 2015

Excellent, authentic Japanese Yakiniku (BBQ). Beautiful presentations, servers and friendly and knowledgeable. If its your first time get a set course menu and get a taste of everything. Very friendly pricing too.

---> NOT SUSHI! --> NOT AYCE Korean!

Happy hour all day Monday and from 4 til 6:30 other days. There is a super happy hour with even bigger discounts after 11pm!

I go there once or twice every time I visit Vegas, and that's bout once a month. It's pretty close to the strip, but you can't walk to it! LOL
West on Spring Mountain Rd (that's where The Wynn and the Venetian are) then left on Decatur. Easy to find if you are driving or take a cab.

Reviewed 14 May 2015

I lived in Japan for 8 years and this was my favorite place to eat at . It's all BBQ but it's Japanese BBQ . Flavor are great and you will find some Korean dishes as well . Service was so so but place was great overall

Reviewed 13 May 2015

On our last trip to Las Vegas, we were treated to a very unique dining experience before we flew back to NC later that night!

You are seated at a large table and in the center of the table is a built-in small grill!

You order your food from a menu, but when they bring it to you, it is cooked by someone in your group, who is given the title of "Master Griller!"

Each dish is served un-cooked and you are told how long to cook each item so it will be done perfectly before your Master Griller puts it on your plate.

Of course, this takes time, but you have things to nibble on and drink while you wait and unless you are in a hurry, it's a lot of fun...not to mention the food is delicious!

We had a really fun time and have never experienced anything like that before and we are both over 56! We really wish they would open up a restaurant like this in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC, area, as it would be fantastic to do this again!

If we ever return to Vegas again, however...it will be on our "must do" list!

May, 2015

Reviewed 29 January 2015

I had a group dinner after a workshop. We ordered a course, which include bistro hanger steak miso, filet mignon ponzu, N.Y.steak miso, premium sirloin tare, yaki-shabu miso, kobe beef, and some other that I cannot remember the names. All the marinated beef dish taste the same. Maybe it is miso-based. To me, they were all a bit salty. The rice was a bit dry. I liked the draft beer.
The restaurant requests customers to show up 5 min before the reservation time.
Due to its lact of complex tastes, I would go to Korean BBQ, Gangnam.

Reviewed 28 January 2015 via mobile

Gyu Kaku is a chain restaurant that specializes in Japanese BBQ where you grill your own meats table side. There are a variety of delicious meats and sides to choose from a la carte, or you can order a dinner set which is slightly cheaper.

For starters I ordered the fried bacon chips, good but a bit salty even without the salt on the side. I also ordered garlic bimbimbap to share. It was so delicious that we had to order another one. For the side veggies, broccoli and mushroom medley which are served with butter wrapped in tin foil to grill. The kimchee was pretty standard.

For the meat selections, I ordered the Japanese sausages served with whole grain mustard for dipping which were pretty good. Also Kalbi short ribs, filet mignon, toro beef and the spicy pork were delicious. The garlic shrimp was way too salty, too much garlic salt! There are also 3 different dipping sauces for your meat to choose from - sweet soy, ponzu and spicy.

The restaurant has an app for you to earn points from your bill so that you can redeem them for entrees in the future. We had a great dining experience here and will definitely come back again.

Been to Gyu-Kaku Japanese Bbq? Share your experiences!