“Best Japanese BBQ this side of Tokyo!”

Gyu-Kaku Japanese Bbq
Reserve with OpenTable
Gyu-Kaku Japanese Bbq is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #800 of 5,372 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 August 2015

Excellent, authentic Japanese Yakiniku (BBQ). Beautiful presentations, servers and friendly and knowledgeable. If its your first time get a set course menu and get a taste of everything. Very friendly pricing too.

---> NOT SUSHI! --> NOT AYCE Korean!

Happy hour all day Monday and from 4 til 6:30 other days. There is a super happy hour with even bigger discounts after 11pm!

I go there once or twice every time I visit Vegas, and that's bout once a month. It's pretty close to the strip, but you can't walk to it! LOL
West on Spring Mountain Rd (that's where The Wynn and the Venetian are) then left on Decatur. Easy to find if you are driving or take a cab.

Reviewed 14 May 2015

I lived in Japan for 8 years and this was my favorite place to eat at . It's all BBQ but it's Japanese BBQ . Flavor are great and you will find some Korean dishes as well . Service was so so but place was great overall

Reviewed 29 January 2015

I had a group dinner after a workshop. We ordered a course, which include bistro hanger steak miso, filet mignon ponzu, N.Y.steak miso, premium sirloin tare, yaki-shabu miso, kobe beef, and some other that I cannot remember the names. All the marinated beef dish taste the same. Maybe it is miso-based. To me, they were all a bit salty. The rice was a bit dry. I liked the draft beer.
The restaurant requests customers to show up 5 min before the reservation time.
Due to its lact of complex tastes, I would go to Korean BBQ, Gangnam.

Reviewed 28 January 2015 via mobile

Gyu Kaku is a chain restaurant that specializes in Japanese BBQ where you grill your own meats table side. There are a variety of delicious meats and sides to choose from a la carte, or you can order a dinner set which is slightly cheaper.

For starters I ordered the fried bacon chips, good but a bit salty even without the salt on the side. I also ordered garlic bimbimbap to share. It was so delicious that we had to order another one. For the side veggies, broccoli and mushroom medley which are served with butter wrapped in tin foil to grill. The kimchee was pretty standard.

For the meat selections, I ordered the Japanese sausages served with whole grain mustard for dipping which were pretty good. Also Kalbi short ribs, filet mignon, toro beef and the spicy pork were delicious. The garlic shrimp was way too salty, too much garlic salt! There are also 3 different dipping sauces for your meat to choose from - sweet soy, ponzu and spicy.

The restaurant has an app for you to earn points from your bill so that you can redeem them for entrees in the future. We had a great dining experience here and will definitely come back again.

Reviewed 1 December 2014 via mobile

We came here for a late dinner with about six friends and had a blast. Grilling your own meats at the table means you can cook it to your own liking, and it is always hot and fresh! The Yakishabu is my favorite, my boyfriend loved the Bistro beef, and we all couldn't stop eating the Chicken Garlic noodles. I'm not crazy about the chicken breast, but if you get it, rub a little lemon in the grill before you cook it. This place is now on our "must-stop" list for Vegas!