This entry is a mixed bag.
First the positive:
Our room was fine during both our stays and the 24 Hour Café is also a good place to get a basic meal. The Italian restaurant located in the Hotel was also fine. All our meals at Boulder were more than satisfactory. We had no problems at all with anything at the hotel.
Additionally, my wife left her slippers behind after our first visit and when I called the hotel two days later, they had been turned in by the staff and were waiting for us at Security when we came back a week later. This was handled very well and we are grateful for their lost and found process.
Now the negative:
When we arrived at the hotel (September 21) we went directly to the hotel lobby desk where we were greeted very nicely by a staff member. She confirmed our two night reservation (for which I had paid a $50 deposit seven months prior). She told me that the balance remaining on the charge was twice as much as what I had signed up for during the internet reservation back in February. I offered to show her the print out of the receipt from February and then she explained that the computer sometimes makes automatic changes based on the current rates for the day (you be the judge) and she corrected it back to the original price.
I had confirmed for a non-smoking room and then was told there were none available and that they did not have any non-smoking rooms. Furthermore, she added that their terms and conditions stated that they did not guarantee room selection. At this point I asked to speak to the manager and was told that he “was not in the hotel”. So we decided that we would leave and I asked her to refund the deposit. She went into the back to confirm that it was OK to refund the $50. She came back and said she could and I told her to process the refund. Then she said she would go into the backroom and see if she could find the manager. He emerged from the back room and what do you think happened? A miracle; a non-smoking room had just become available. Keep in mind that this was 9:30 PM and the cleaning staff was not working at that hour.
So why did the Hotel want to overcharge us in the first place and then why did they not want to give us the smoking room in the second place?
Is this an example of an attempt at a double bait and switch? You be the judge.
I shared the above text with Boulder Station and they did reply. Their answer was more or less unsatisfactory with regard to the rate change and with respect with the room becoming available. They did state that one cannot confirm a non-smoking room (though it is a selection on their website). Therefore, if you want a non-smoking room (or a smoking room) and want to be assured that it is being held for you, I would strongly suggest you book elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMFORTABLE AND AFFORDABLE HOTEL ROOMS Transport yourself to our newly renovated, stylish rooms and suites. Our rooms sport a "boutique feel" with modern and hip décor, 40-inch plasma TVs and a spacious sitting area.Catch some Zzzz's by resting on the soft, comfy pillow-top mattresses or just relax by enjoying room service delivered directly to you for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Amenities include high-speed Wi-Fi, computer desks (especially convenient for our business travelers), use of our fitness room and pool. Most outstanding is our friendly service! Boulder Station located only 7 miles from the Las Vegas McCarran Airport offers the ultimate guest experience beginning with our Traditional Victorian atmosphere of hardwood walkways and beautiful stained glass. It is non-stop action here at Boulder Station with Live Entertainment, Award Winning Restaurants, 11 Movie Theatres and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Boulder Station Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boulder Station Hotel Las Vegas
- Boulder Station Las Vegas