“overall great experience.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ontario, California
“overall great experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

the hotel was overall great. the rooms were clean and overall great design. the staff were very helpful and easy to deal with. all the staff advised of great places to eat of the strip and great palces to visit during our stay. the only issue was the $20.00 additional fee for added per night stayed for shuttle service and internet use even though i never used it.but still a great hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: beds are comfortable for all uses. and the rooms have great decor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,985)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Huntington Beach, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

My last stay here at the hardrock hotel was positive. However I cannot say the same about my stay April 2, 2012.

I checked into my room around 2 pm. The room had not been cleaned since the last guest. There were sheets on the floor. There was no toilet paper in the bathroom. The bed was not made up. The tub did not drain properly. The curtain in the bathtub was broken. Nothing was orderly. I quickly consolidate my belongings and leave the room to allow time for someone to come clean. I figured that perhaps I arrived too early and they had not gotten to my room yet. As I leave the room I ask one of the cleaning people in the hall if they will make sure to clean my room before I stay in it.

When I returned, the room looked very similar to when I had left it except for the sheets were off the floor and the bed was made. There was still no toilet paper. The counters in the bathroom and the room were still soiled. I requested toilet paper from the people in the hall and they handed me a roll.

At around 2:20 am the morning I was awoken and startled by the door opening and two men walking into my room. They leave the room as they seemed equally as startled as I. I could not go back to sleep thinking about what that was all about and if it was going to continue to happen. I checked to see if my key cards still worked and they did not. I went down to the registration desk around 3:20.

As a fan of the hard rock hotel I feel it necessary that I express the inadequacies of my stay here. I was hoping to get some sleep. It is 4 am as im finishing this review up.

At the front desk I talked to Matthew Risher, Front Desk Manager. He explained to me the mess up and did apologize and offer me some free breakfast. I didn't know what he was talking about. I wasn't concerned with breakfast. I asked if there was a way I could leave a review or if there were comment cards. He just gave me his bussiness card with his own email on it. I thought that was somewhat sketchy. I have yet to recieve a reply from my email to Matthew Risher.

At check out they had extra charges on my account. (probally do to the mix up before) Which required me to go back down to the registration desk to have it fixed. fingers crossed that it has been properly fixed.

It is def hit or miss with HRH. This time was a miss.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Scott K
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is the first time I stayed at the Hard Rock hotel. I had seen promos in the past for it and, based on the average rate they were charging, I thought it was a very good hotel. Besides, this is allegedly a 4-star hotel (5-star, according to BookIt.com), so I had good expectations for it.

The hotel is very clean and very well-maintained. They have valet service in the front and also self-parking. The valet service was even included in the "resort fee" they charge, but it can get very convoluted and confusing in the hotel entrance, with several lanes, some for valet, some for cabs, some for I don't even know what. So I opted for using self parking at all times. Not a big deal.

The room was fairly big and the decor quite interesting, with pictures from random bands/singers. The bathroom was also very nice, the shower area was huge, nice towels, very clean and neat. The A/C was too loud and that can become a problem. The bed was very good too. Oh and the wi-fi, blazing fast - also included in the "resort fee."

We also ordered room service, which was very decent too. Expensive as the average nice hotel in Vegas, but the food was good. (and they have coca-cola instead of pepsi, which is a plus for Vegas hotels).

So why the "Average" rating? Because if you're not in a partying mood or if you're not there to party at all - or even if you get bothered by people yelling all the time around your room - then you won't think it's a great place to stay either.

On the first night when we get there, there's a line on the check in. It usually happens but what bothered me is that they had ONE person working on a time frame where there's a lot of people checking in. So that wasn't a good sign already.

Then, comes the "resort fee." Let's be honest, this is just a way for hotels to squeeze some more money out of your pocket. I think that if I go to a hotel that is not offering anything "resorty," why am I paying for this? Oh, cause I get free wi-fi and free valet? I'd rather waive the valet and use 3G internet than paying $20/day for that. Plus, if this is a 4-star hotel, it's about time they start offering free internet. Seriously.

So around 4am on the first night, this "very nice young gentleman" starts BANGING on the door of the room next to ours, with no regards whatsoever for anyone else. Unfortunately we were not able to notify security on time.

Another issue with the hotel is that they don't have those people checking your key to see if you're a guest or not, which they usually have in most of the hotels. I'm not worried about the security issue with this, rather with the NOISE level.

This can be a problem here, especially because of the "partying audience" that stays at this hotel. They can sometimes have people over from other hotels, but no one is checking if they are staying there or not, and this can make your night sleep even more complicated.

On the following day, sometime during the day, someone STOLE the "do not disturb" sign from our door. Seriously, who does that? Again, definitely not expecting it at a 4-star hotel.

At night, when we arrived to the hotel, I asked if we could have a replacement for the stolen sign. It took them about 45 minutes to have someone come over with the sign.

Then on the following morning, our checkout was at 11am. At around 9:30 WHILE HAVING THE DO NOT DISTURB SIGN ON THE DOOR, one of the housekeepers came and knocked on the door. We were still sleeping, by the way.

She wanted to know if we were leaving soon, because she wanted to clean the room. So get this: she disregarded the "do not disturb" sign, did not care at all about the guest's privacy and knocked on the door to know if she'd have the chance to clean the room before the time she was supposed to wait for!

Not sure if I got this wrong, but isn't she supposed to come and clean only AFTER the checkout time? ESPECIALLY if there's a do not disturb sign on the door? Isn't this why they have check ins at 3pm and checkouts at 11am? So they'll have time to re-do the rooms?

This was VERY annoying! One of the main things for me when I travel is that I get some relaxing time, without being disturbed. If I'm paying a 4-star rate, I really do not expect someone to be impolite this way.

Finally, when trying to check out over the TV, I noticed they had charged me something from the mini bar that I did not consume. So I had to check out in person, wasting even more time. When I told the person at the front desk about the unpleasant experience with the housekeeper, I was given a short and dry "sorry for that" and that was about it.

So there you have it. The Average rating is because the good stuff helped offsetting the bad, but I don't think I'll ever stay at this hotel again. Unless I go back to my 21 years old and decide to run around yelling and disturbing everyone else.

Room Tip: Try to get something where there are not a bunch of kids partying (if that's even possible) and...
4 Thank pickytraveler_SoCal
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

My wife and I had the greatest time ever, we stayed in the HRH King Suite and it was a beautiful room the service was excellent and the hotel was incredible. We can't wait to stay at the HRH again soon.

park city
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Booked a king mountain view, non smoking room - was told at check in that there were no non smoking king rooms available and they would "upgrade" me to a pool view room.
The room was not very clean.
The people in the room next to me were so loud that I called security 5 times over a 2 hour span at 3 am before they were finally able to shut them down.
Then the next morning, by 745 am there was work being done down at the pool - some kind of generator running so there was definitely no sleeping in.
That night, at midnight I was once again woken up by the floor buffer being run down on the pool deck at 20 minute intervals for about 1 1/2 hours. I called the front desk (sat on hold for a full 10 minutes each time I tried to call) and they couldn't fathom what it might be - I urged them to go outside and actually hear the noise themselves but they apparently were not willing to do that. Very unsympathetic to the fact that I was getting up at 6 am and had not gotten any sleep in the 2 nights I was there at 200 bucks a night.

Room Tip: stay awy from the pool if you want any sleep
3 Thank 99petey