18,837 results
All reviewsroller coasternine fine irishmenil fornaiochin chinpark avenue roomcentury toweramerica restaurantpiano barspa suiteother hotelsm liferesort feestrip viewsouth end of the stripmonte carlotrip to vegasan upgrade
Reviewed 16 October 2007

Stayed here for a long weekend and was very happy with our stay. Arrived at 11 am ( a few hours before actual check in) and was able to check in right away. The line was not long when i got in it (granted, i did make a made dash after our shuttle came to a stop), but i only waited for 10 minutes. After i finished checking in, the line was 4 times longer than when i got there. The front desk staff was extremely friendly but not the quickest. I would say that when you get there, keep your eyes on the prize (the reception desk) and look around once your key is in hand.

The room was nice, we had one of the Park Avenue Deluxe Rooms which was a step up from our booked standard room. Room decor as nice and i felt it met all our needs. It was clean, the sheets were cheap but bearable. The bathroom was adequate, however, i hated the shower tub combo with the sliding door.

People talked about the coloring on the windows but i personally didn't mind it at all.. it reminded me of that cheap window tint but i liked not squinting when looking out at the strip. The TV was not a plasma like many of the other strip hotels have.

There were a lot of kids at the hotel compared to our stay at TI. As we had our nanny stay with our boy in Chicago, dealing with all the whinny and tired kids was kindof annoying. I personally feel casino hotels are not kid friendly hotels however, people seemed to flock to this one with kids.

The mexian restaurant was amazing and enjoyed the layout of the casino.. liked the feeling of different areas of manhattan brought to life with slot machines.

This casino hotel is a great option for people not wanting to spend Bellagio dollars but wanting to be in the action.

Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank nickiwms
Reviewed 16 October 2007

We actually stayed at NYNY as we were going to see Zumanity. The Broadway room we were first given had one small window, with all view blocked by a cement piedment......the 2nd room was much better - larger and looked somewhat like the picture on the web site. But, these rooms need renovation BIG time. Mold in the bathroom tub with matching moldey smell......bed linens thread bare.....bedspread torn.......windows dirty.....and the room included some prior occupants dirty hair brush on the floor - in plain sight! The desk clerk who assigned us the first room had no idea what and where the different rooms in the hotel are located.....this is a big hotel, but the staff should have some awareness of the hotel rooms. The second clerk was very helpful. We will not stay a NYNY again with so many wonderful offerings on the strip in Las Vegas.

Reviewed 15 October 2007

Enjoyed my stay here. great room. We were 3 adults in a room and the roll away was the most comfortable we have had. The bathroom nice, lovely products and everything quite comformatble. The resturaunts in the hotel very good, the clerks at the concierge desk very helpful and the roller coaster ride awesome. Would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 12 October 2007

Hello All,

My Fiance and I just returned from 4 nights at the New York, New York hotel in Las Vegas, and dare I say the best rest I've had in a long time, and that's hard to say for Vegas!! After much research on Trip Advisor I decided to try the New York Hotel for my first trip to Vegas, although not the priciest, it was fun and comfortable. Beginning with my room, when I got to the Check In desk, I asked the Concierge for a King Size Bed in a Non-smoking room away from the Roller Coaster (this hotel has a Roller Coaster that runs around the perimeter until from about 10am - 11pm everyday. We got Room #2624 in the Century tower, which was just outside the elevator's, so no endless walking for us and we were well above the noise of the Roller Coaster.

My Fiance is picky about matresses when we go away and we have nothing but RAVE reviews about the comfort of our bed, it's better than the one we have at home! The room was clean, spacious and wonderfully modern. Only little glitch was the water pressure in the shower, but apparently all hotels have this problem, it was warm and did the job. This hotel takes up a whole City block and is at the beginning, Southern part of the Strip and attached to the MGM Grand (another great hotel) and the Excalibur.

The interior casino was cute and reminiscent of New York, don't forget to try the Deli in the food court, the sandwiches are to die for!! This hotel has no Buffet, but we went over to the MGM's which was great. The BEST buffet we ate at was at the RIO Hotel, second best was the Spice Market Buffet at Planet Hollywood!

We loved our trip and heeded all the warnings about walking, yes our feet were killing us. But we later learned to hop on the Monorail, or take the public transit for $2.00. We watched the KA show by Cirque Du Soliel (At MGM) and it blew our minds!! Best show on the strip!!

As long as you ask for the things you want in a room, this hotel was AMAZING value for your dollar!! Cheers!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Sweety727_2000
Reviewed 11 October 2007

Stayed here for 20th wedding anniversary end Sep/Beg Oct 2007.

Check in around 3pm was very quick, slight mix up with booking,I had reserved spa room online but was allocated broadway room,soon sorted out though when my reservation number/online booking were shown to staff.
Spa suite very nice! and spacious.A bit of a trek from lift to room but not too bad.We had roller coaster outside but absolutely no problem re noise,view not fantastic(back of hotel) but again you don't spend a huge amount of time in room so it wasn't a problem.Housekeeping and cleanliness of hotel excellent,Restaurants that we used were good value for money,especially America for 24hour food!, portions in Chinese very large so don't order loads!(very tasty though)
Casino had a good atmosphere and not overly large with a couple of good bars,missing a poker room though :-(
Hotel is in a good location for strip and staff very helpful, would stay again and would recommend

4  Thank LensmanEngland